Yella fever

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11442
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Yella fever

Post by big mervyn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Thought the plethora of cards for Munster was one of the more entertaining aspect of last night's game.

It did pose a few questions for me.

What's the record for cards issued in a pro game?
What's the record for most players in the bin?
Has a pro team ever had 3 or more off the pitch at the same time?
What's the minimum number of players to allow the game to continue at this level?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

namron
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Re: Yella fever

Post by namron » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Two yells for Glasgae and with 13 men on the field Treviso still couldn't score :duh:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup

User avatar
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Bangor

Re: Yella fever

Post by Wee Woman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Absofeckinlutely incredible!!

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11442
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Yella fever

Post by big mervyn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:30 pm

namron wrote:Two yells for Glasgae and with 13 men on the field Treviso still couldn't score :duh:
If both Van Der Merwe's start next week Gusher could be in trouble :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40137
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Yella fever

Post by Rooster » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Wee Woman wrote:Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Absofeckinlutely incredible!!
Card them both ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Bangor

Re: Yella fever

Post by Wee Woman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Absofeckinlutely incredible!!
Card them both ?
No, not even a penalty! He whistled up for half time after reviewing the footage and taking NO action.

It was the closest thing to Jared incident I've seen. The TMO involved ( didn't catch who it was) apparently recommended a red for a similar incident last week.

Incredible.

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Yella fever

Post by Snipe Watson » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Wee Woman wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Absofeckinlutely incredible!!
Card them both ?
No, not even a penalty! He whistled up for half time after reviewing the footage and taking NO action.

It was the closest thing to Jared incident I've seen. The TMO involved ( didn't catch who it was) apparently recommended a red for a similar incident last week.

Incredible.
If it was as you describe and both players were off the ground, he made the right decision. A "mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks" is a playing incident. The problems only come when one player is on the ground.
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6868
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Re: Yella fever

Post by Kofi Annan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Wee Woman wrote:Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Absofeckinlutely incredible!!
Similar incident in Mexican game yesterday, a softening of the decisions maybe?

Are you unhappy that a player was not red carded? Or just an observation :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”

User avatar
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4410
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Bangor

Re: Yella fever

Post by Wee Woman » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Anyone just see how Clanger Clancy just dealt with a mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks in the Scarlets & Dragons game?!

Absofeckinlutely incredible!!
Card them both ?
No, not even a penalty! He whistled up for half time after reviewing the footage and taking NO action.

It was the closest thing to Jared incident I've seen. The TMO involved ( didn't catch who it was) apparently recommended a red for a similar incident last week.

Incredible.
If it was as you describe and both players were off the ground, he made the right decision. A "mid air collision between the 2 fullbacks" is a playing incident. The problems only come when one player is on the ground.
Ok maybe I could have described that better, scumbag Williams went up to take a high ball, the Dragons fullback also contested it but left the ground later than Williams. They collided with each other in the air and Williams landed on his shoulder. In fact they both landed heavily.

Commentators immediately started saying that the Dragons fullback had his eye on the ball the whole time (sound familiar?), which I don't disagree with but it was clear that he could see that Williams was already going for the ball.

Clancy took it to the TMO of and it was played back a fair bit before he blew the half up. Was pretty convinced it was going to be a yellow for the Dragons fullback, so were the commentators.

You still can't help but feel that what happened to us in April was incredibly unjust, especially when you see how these incidents are being refereed now.

And of course I don't want to see any player red carded Kofi, I'd just like to see consistency in how the referee's deal with these situations :p

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30218
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Yella fever

Post by BaggyTrousers » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Without having seen the incident, rather strangely I say, fair play to Clancy. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gotta be something wrong with this post. :duh: Last week I was singing his praises as a better ref than D Funky Gibbon.

Nurse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Yella fever

Post by Snipe Watson » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Clancy has just bloomed into a referee of great discernment even wisdom.

That is a shocker for Sunday evening.........
#NotMyCountry

Deraless
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4226
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Yella fever

Post by Deraless » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 pm

In the mexico incident the wonderfully amazing Zebo took out the man in mid air. But he just about landed feet first and noone milked it with resus equipment. Outcome. Penalty. Not even a yella.

Only way to stop this nonsense is to outlaw jumping lol

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Yella fever

Post by Russ » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Deraless wrote:In the mexico incident the wonderfully amazing Zebo took out the man in mid air. But he just about landed feet first and noone milked it with resus equipment. Outcome. Penalty. Not even a yella.

Only way to stop this nonsense is to outlaw jumping lol
Alex Goode did his casual jump into a Buff player on Friday and fell over

Luckily the referee told him that there was nothing in it and to play on

Later Goode missed a high ball.
Jumping is fine
The way Goode jumps is asking for trouble

Post Reply