Is Mark McCall worthy now.....

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

TheElephantMan
Steward

Is Mark McCall worthy now.....

Post by TheElephantMan »

to become again a future Ulster coach?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Is Mark McCall worthy now.....

Post by Snipe Watson »

yes
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Is Ulster worthy of Mark
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Why has Mark done so well with Sarries, was it the Ulster suits at Ravers that held Mark back?Must add i thought he was not up to the Ulster JOB.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I like him, used to pick a kid up in Bengor when he was at Ulster, had a few chats. Good bloke.

That however was then, this is now. I'm sure he is still a top bloke but I hate and I mean absolutely despise the company he keeps, so for now I wish him nothing but failure.

However as you have posed the question, he very clearly already is, amongst many others.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The way he was treated on this board and by so called fans during his latter days in charge of Ulster was a disgrace being spat at is no fun for anyone .

Given that treatment I seriously doubt if he would every desire to return to Ulster .

He might consider an Ireland job but Provincial I doubt it . He has free reign at Sarries but there are International considerations which understandable rule Irish Rugby because the super profits are in Internationals and the provinces and Pro 12 are there to serve the International game .

And if you can't buy into that as a coach then the job is not for you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

rumncoke wrote:The way he was treated on this board and by so called fans during his latter days in charge of Ulster was a disgrace being spat at is no fun for anyone
did not know he was spat At,was this confirmed by Mark and UR?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It was reported in the papers and on this board of memory serves his final months in the job were very trying due to rumour and disgraceful conduct of those who call themselves supporters .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

rumncoke wrote:It was reported in the papers and on this board of memory serves his final months in the job were very trying due to rumour and disgraceful conduct of those who call themselves supporters .

Spat on is news to me but he, and his wife I believe, received some less than savoury treatment from a small minority of fans.

I don't think that would stop him coming back if he felt it was in his professional interests to do so.

It was a difficult time and to be fair to him he stepped in and took on a very difficult and sizeable task. It wasn't his fault he wasn't probably ready for the job at that time and most definitely was not helped by having an equally inexperienced assistant in Clarke.

It was a decision taken by Fat at the time to do it on the cheap and it really came back to bite him in the hole as we lost Wilson, Bowe and N.Best in quick succession. This loss of personnel exacerbated by early retirements of Best, McCullough and McMillan (less so because of injury admittedly) robbed us of a core of both talent and experience.

I'd welcome McCall back with open arms, he runs a fairly tight ship at Sarries by the looks of things and has something that not one single person in our current regime and that's experience elsewhere.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BuckRogers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:It was reported in the papers and on this board of memory serves his final months in the job were very trying due to rumour and disgraceful conduct of those who call themselves supporters .

Spat on is news to me but he, and his wife I believe, received some less than savoury treatment from a small minority of morons.

I don't think that would stop him coming back if he felt it was in his professional interests to do so.

It was a difficult time and to be fair to him he stepped in and took on a very difficult and sizeable task. It wasn't his fault he wasn't probably ready for the job at that time and most definitely was not helped by having an equally inexperienced assistant in Clarke.

It was a decision taken by Fat at the time to do it on the cheap and it really came back to bite him in the hole as we lost Wilson, Bowe and N.Best in quick succession. This loss of personnel exacerbated by early retirements of Best, McCullough and McMillan (less so because of injury admittedly) robbed us of a core of both talent and experience.

I'd welcome McCall back with open arms, he runs a fairly tight ship at Sarries by the looks of things and has something that not one single person in our current regime and that's experience elsewhere.
Fixed in the interests of accuracy.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Kofi Annan wrote:Is Ulster worthy of Mark
Much as I love Ulster, I'm afraid not. Why would he want to come here? In a world where money is going to buy success like never before, can we hope to compete in Europe year after year? Who knows, maybe he might just fancy a challenge...
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Correct Snipe.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Once a Knight wrote:
solidarity wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Is Ulster worthy of Mark
Much as I love Ulster, I'm afraid not. Why would he want to come here? In a world where money is going to buy success like never before, can we hope to compete in Europe year after year? Who knows, maybe he might just fancy a challenge...
I think what was being suggested is why would he leave a "professional" environment to return to "amateur half hour".
Why indeed?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

He might be able to win something at Ulster