What's the point!

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

What's the point!

Post by browner »

New rugby format to take a bow

Jul 22 2005

icWales

A hybrid form of the 15-a-side game, where players all have to weigh no more than 85kilograms is set to make its biggest impact to date on the international stage.

The first NSW under-85kg team will depart for Thailand in two weeks, flying the flag for a new form of rugby that could become a regular sight in years to come.

The team will compete in the inaugural ‘80-80’ international tournament in Phuket against teams from across the world.

The concept is already well established in New Zealand and is catching on in other countries, with teams from Auckland, Japan and Thailand also set to play in Phuket.

Initially, 80-80 Rugby was designed for those 80kg and under, playing 15-a-side rugby for 80 minutes. It has since been expanded to allow players weighing up to 85 kilograms.

“It’s very popular in New Zealand, with top-class established competitions popping up in countries across the region,” NSW coach John Morrison told PA International.

“As has been seen in the Auckland competition, this is full contact, no-holds-barred stuff with full contact scrums and hard hits.

“The Auckland Rugby Union is sending it’s representative team to Thailand, so I guess they’ll be the team to beat.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

browner- at least it will give lightweights like me a chance to play the game.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Getting your toe cut off just to lose weight is a bit extreme CT...........anyway rugby has always had a place no matter what size, shape or weight, that has always been part of its attraction. Are we going to end up like boxing with different weight catagories, i just don't see the point.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I agree don't like the thought of different weights etc although it might broaded the appeal. One game for all sizes has worked well up to now and anyway size doesn't matter does it?
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

I've never heard a blow-up doll complain yet. :wink:
Mid-Terrace
Novice

Post by Mid-Terrace »

browner wrote:I've never heard a blow-up doll complain yet. :wink:
I thought mine was crying last night??

Turns out it just needed emptied!!!
Mine's a pint!
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Boys boys boys .......................

Colin :twisted:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Mine did that is why I put it up for sale on this site. The bitch yapped at me watching too much rugby and not giving her enough attention.
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

and what about the doll CT :?:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012