Exploitation

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

cables wrote:TOK wrote:
“So, Cables, I see its advantage BR at present, with you to serve.”
That is exactly what I have been saying from the beginning. It has always been advantage BR.
That is not all you were saying in the beginning. Then you were suggesting that not only was there an advantage, but that I had deliberately created that advantage by my choice of username.

I think I have successfully refuted the second allegation (apologies accepted anytime), and while I accept that there may be some theoretical advantage, neither I, you nor anyone else following this (if anyone is) has been able to suggest any situation where this advantage applies.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

BR. I came across a word in your post that stopped me again. The word was “apologies”. This time it was because I do understand the word that I was forced to stop. For the avoidance of any doubt, as I would not wish any to exist, can I respond as follows.

Some time ago now, you wrote “Well as I have only become aware of this disadvantage since you pointed it - I'm not that bothered, maybe I'll re-register sometime.” I actually accepted that readily but did not say so. Perhaps I should have replied more fully than by saying “Take the last step. You have already suggested that if you become bothered about your disadvantage you would maybe re-register.”

Earlier, when asked by another, “Couldn't it just be coincidence anyway?” I had responded “It could be coincidence”.

I think you will know that I would have still raised the central issue had there been more than just yourself with 2 character usernames. Previous history would point towards this, I would suggest. I would say however that it is likely my initiating post would have been somewhat different in that senario.

I feel that my initiating post included indications of light-heartedness, but accept that the first three sentences although containing some factual statements could be read as an accusation against you. I was only looking for a bit of craic out of it and hopefully we have both got some from it.

Irrespective of anything above, may I apologise unreservedly for any annoyance or hurt resulting from what I wrote
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Don't stop now boys this is a classic thread in the making :D
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR

A warm welcome awaits you if you ever find yourself in the vicinity of the second barrier up at the halfway line. This thread clearly quallifies you for honorary membership of the crew!
(Cables already knows this applies to him too, but the daft galoot continually turns up on the wrong side of the pitch).
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Thankyou Cables - I did not want to get a Bad Reputation as the Board Renegade. Being Realistic, although a Better Read than many, this thread was Becoming Ridiculous and was in danger of Blandly Rotating into Boring Repetition and Baffling Readers. But I must thank you for the Brief Respite from the Bloody Ritual of Business Requirements analysis while I wait to Book Ryanair flights to the Basque Region. :D

Captn - I am indeed honoured.