URSC Members

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster - Accept that but this was more to do with a full programme of events being planned for next season rather than the fact that one of the breakfast's fell the wrong side of the new season year.

The idea was that the URSC could get a newsletter type article out direct to members something that never happened last year using the new membership list. The truth being that it had to be organised asap with the Lions Breakfasts in mind and also that an event was being planned for August that might require time to get together.

The list would also allow the URSC to see how many members have taken up renewal (don't forget that of the 2,500 CU members last year none had to pay) and as such know where it is. Initial talk was of a 25% uptake so that would provide some 500 or so season ticket holders. It is an aim of the URSC to set a target and try and achieve that number of members which is difficult as long as UR hold onto season tickets and won't say how many there are.

What if the numbers were much lower then UR is not giving the URSC enough time or indeed cooperation to get the message out and for people to join. In truth a much better membership package could have been announced but it was rushed despite other suggestions floating around.

I accept and actually have done for a while the views of pwr, fermain & yourself re the fact that UR are holding the purse strings but was prepared to give them the chance and see how it worked out over the coming season. It hasn't even started and the problems are surfacing already not only withy membership but with getting events planned for next year something that needed to be done weeks if not months ago.

There is no doubt that UR see the corporate market as more important and rewarding than that provided by the ordinary fan. Yes they can bring soemthing to the table and the new ground should reflect that much more than those pityful boxes at the end of the ground.

Keep the fans disorganised and they will fall into place and toe the line together as a strong and united group they might want something back for all the years they have been coming to watch Ulster through the good times as well as the bad.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I am in full agreement with you on this one CT, the last post was just stating a possible excuse that UR may be using not to give you names at present. In any case it is very small minded of them not to disclose full membership to committee as how else are you going to know numbers of possible attenders at functions, who to send details of events to etc, it leaves it totally impossible to organise events for the benefit of the fans. It's a total disgrace.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I'm in full agreement with you CT.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

aye, me too CT.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor