Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

May 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 34 users online :: 9 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], bangorboy, big mervyn, Bing [Bot], Dave, Flipper, Google [Bot], SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 640292
Total topics 18943
Total members 2904
Our newest member Jtmcc

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 36 votes
  

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 pm

ruckover wrote:Kieran Read's out of contract :stir:


It was only ever a matter of time before he couldn't resist the urge to drag a team from being useless to remotely acceptable. I hear he respects lesbians so much he could kiss them.

Apropos of nothing, I've decided to christen FOLK, St Vitus. FOLK, ya St Vitus dancer.

Anyone know if St Vitus lives in Sydenham with someone called Chorea?
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28525
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Snipe Watson » Fri May 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Wasn't even aware Sunderland had a rugby team. I live and learn.

Bet you hadn't heard of Barcelona rfc either?

>appl
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22567
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Snipe Watson » Fri May 19, 2017 1:47 pm

With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22567
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Rooster » Fri May 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.

We are also downsizing squad so .........
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39302
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Dave » Fri May 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.

We are also downsizing squad so .........

We need to downsize Rodders.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby UlsterNo9 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Wasn't even aware Sunderland had a rugby team. I live and learn.

Bet you hadn't heard of Barcelona rfc either?

>appl


:lol:
#LOGANOUT
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2885
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:01 am

Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.


At this late stage if I was told we were getting both Sean Dougall AND Dom Ryan I'd be contend. Mind I'd want both not one or other.

I don't really follow Super Rugby, who are the clubs that will be the likely casualties?

My understanding is with the exception of the Melbourne Rebels who are privately owned the other Australian clubs are owned by the union. Does this mean that even if a club is scrapped thats owned by the union their players now without a club are still contracted to the union? Therefore could be reassigned to another club? Just second guessing this could be possible..... ?
#LOGANOUT
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2885
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Snipe Watson » Sat May 20, 2017 12:38 am

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.


At this late stage if I was told we were getting both Sean Dougall AND Dom Ryan I'd be contend. Mind I'd want both not one or other.

Neither of them are what we need. Powerful ball carrier is the key is the number one requirement.

My understanding is with the exception of the Melbourne Rebels who are privately owned the other Australian clubs are owned by the union. Does this mean that even if a club is scrapped thats owned by the union their players now without a club are still contracted to the union? Therefore could be reassigned to another club? Just second guessing this could be possible..... ?

I'd imagine their contracts allow for cancellation in the event of a team or teams folding. Probably some contrived compensation formula.
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22567
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Cockatrice » Sun May 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.


At this late stage if I was told we were getting both Sean Dougall AND Dom Ryan I'd be contend. Mind I'd want both not one or other.

Neither of them are what we need. Powerful ball carrier is the key is the number one requirement.

My understanding is with the exception of the Melbourne Rebels who are privately owned the other Australian clubs are owned by the union. Does this mean that even if a club is scrapped thats owned by the union their players now without a club are still contracted to the union? Therefore could be reassigned to another club? Just second guessing this could be possible..... ?

I'd imagine their contracts allow for cancellation in the event of a team or teams folding. Probably some contrived compensation formula.


then maybe we have got lucky with Botha because he doesn't appear to be that big ball carrier we need.... CharlesP made more yards in one match that Botha did throughout the 2016 and 2015 seasons combined.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7628
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Rooster » Sun May 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.


At this late stage if I was told we were getting both Sean Dougall AND Dom Ryan I'd be contend. Mind I'd want both not one or other.

Neither of them are what we need. Powerful ball carrier is the key is the number one requirement.

My understanding is with the exception of the Melbourne Rebels who are privately owned the other Australian clubs are owned by the union. Does this mean that even if a club is scrapped thats owned by the union their players now without a club are still contracted to the union? Therefore could be reassigned to another club? Just second guessing this could be possible..... ?

I'd imagine their contracts allow for cancellation in the event of a team or teams folding. Probably some contrived compensation formula.


then maybe we have got lucky with Botha because he doesn't appear to be that big ball carrier we need.... CharlesP made more yards in one match that Botha did throughout the 2016 and 2015 seasons combined.

Botha never was a big ball carrier anyway so no surprise
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39302
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Dave » Sun May 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Botha can't carry.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Dave » Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm

I hear we've signed a Pablo.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Cockatrice » Sun May 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.


At this late stage if I was told we were getting both Sean Dougall AND Dom Ryan I'd be contend. Mind I'd want both not one or other.

Neither of them are what we need. Powerful ball carrier is the key is the number one requirement.

My understanding is with the exception of the Melbourne Rebels who are privately owned the other Australian clubs are owned by the union. Does this mean that even if a club is scrapped thats owned by the union their players now without a club are still contracted to the union? Therefore could be reassigned to another club? Just second guessing this could be possible..... ?

I'd imagine their contracts allow for cancellation in the event of a team or teams folding. Probably some contrived compensation formula.


then maybe we have got lucky with Botha because he doesn't appear to be that big ball carrier we need.... CharlesP made more yards in one match that Botha did throughout the 2016 and 2015 seasons combined.

Botha never was a big ball carrier anyway so no surprise


Yep.... but some here think that he was.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7628
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Sun May 21, 2017 9:00 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:With the downsizing of super rugby, we are in a relatively fortunate position, in that there may be a late run of players becoming available.
Any other year, we'd be stuffed at this late stage.

I don't really follow Super Rugby, who are the clubs that will be the likely casualties?

Sunderland and Barcelona RFC ........... apparently ..........i think
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12732
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby BaggyTrousers » Sun May 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:ined.

Botha never was a big ball carrier anyway so no surprise


Yep.... but some here think that he was.[/quote]

Not what Marcell said lads, and Cockers FFS, a wing or fullback will run back 150-200 metres on a great day, try doing that up the middle into a shower of big Saffer ballixes.

Stockdale carried about 120 metres in 18 minutes in Swansea FFS. Not world record pace admittedly, my racing snail would be close to that after a good feed. >EW
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28525
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Raver's rumours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->