What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I hear D4 want Jack McGrath to join his old mucker Nordi.
Those noises has been doing the rounds for years. He’s rejected us once, he’ll do so again. Add Brexit it, and I would be seriously surprised if we got him
I think Jordi was in the same position. I was surprised when he signed so you never know.
Slightly different IMO. Jordi was fighting with vDF, SOB, Leavy, Ruddock, Conan, Fardy for a place

McGrath is guaranteed, at the least, a bench spot even when all are fit

Personally I would rather us use what money we have to buy a LHP who would provide good back up to, but not usurp O'Sullivan, and then spend big bucks (or whatever is left) on a beast of a second/back row... or else a 10 but we can dream
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Those noises has been doing the rounds for years. He’s rejected us once, he’ll do so again. Add Brexit it, and I would be seriously surprised if we got him
I think Jordi was in the same position. I was surprised when he signed so you never know.
Slightly different IMO. Jordi was fighting with vDF, SOB, Leavy, Ruddock, Conan, Fardy for a place

Personally I would rather us use what money we have to buy a LHP who would provide good back up to, but not usurp O'Sullivan, and then spend big bucks (or whatever is left) on a beast of a second/back row... or else a 10 but we can dream
McGrath rumours haven't been around for years - I actually think it's more than likely he would consider moving on (and did hear he had met with McFarland). He is after all a test Lion, presently not making Ireland 23s - and actually not guaranteed a spot in Leinster's 23 (e.g. Byrne made the bench ahead of him for the big home game vs Toulouse, Dooley for the game away to Munster)! He's 29, I can imagine him being keen to get a starting slot nailed down (and if we had half a sniff we would bite his arm off..)
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A lot of these Leinsters players have nothing left to achieve at club level but the one thing that Ulster can offer is a starting birth.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Dave wrote:A lot of these Leinsters players have nothing left to achieve at club level but the one thing that Ulster can offer is a starting birth.
importantly a starting berth within the Irish system, to get back on the intl radar. That said having watched EOS put in a bravura performance last night, he would be kept honest!!
..one more thing
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I would welcome McGrath heading up here, experienced player who could hold things together in tough times. EOS and Moore were combining well last night in open play and did the required job in the scrum.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Columbo wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:

McGrath rumours haven't been around for years - I actually think it's more than likely he would consider moving on (and did hear he had met with McFarland). He is after all a test Lion, presently not making Ireland 23s - and actually not guaranteed a spot in Leinster's 23 (e.g. Byrne made the bench ahead of him for the big home game vs Toulouse, Dooley for the game away to Munster)! He's 29, I can imagine him being keen to get a starting slot nailed down (and if we had half a sniff we would bite his arm off..)
Wrong on most accounts

Firstly, there has been talk. There was a very thread here 6 years ago with rumours he was on the move (i’ve been lurking a while). Whether there’s more too them this time round I dont know, and i’d happily be proved wrong but remain sceptical

A quick google search also tells me he was injured for a few weeks at the start of the season, and for a 6 weeks in December hence why he missed the Munster and Toulouse games. Looking at the lineups outside of those dates and the November internationals, and he’s basically been involved in most games

As you say he is a test Lion, ergo by quite a distance at least the second choice prop

As Baggy would say, you’ve been helped >EW
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Not a rumour but fardy has signed on for another year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

According to RMC SPORT Pienaar set to leave Montpellier at the end of the season and not honour his new contract
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Probably personal reasons involved there. Hope the family find some peace.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Apparently Jack McGrath wants to leave Leinster. https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 59685.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

:)
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wait until the Leinster separatists get wind of this. They would rather he played AIL.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Columbo wrote:Was Jack McGrath seen having a coffee with McFarland?
Well... :cowboy:

Would be a great move for both IMO - a small part of me however wonders if this article is born from O'Connor being short of copy and reading forums... it has been known to happen! :D
..one more thing
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:As Baggy would say, you’ve been helped
Who is this "Baggy" of whom ye speak?

:duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

pip14 wrote:According to RMC SPORT Pienaar set to leave Montpellier at the end of the season and not honour his new contract
Sad for his family and I can see and understand why, Montpellier have been good to him and his place is now back home, here in Ulster, give him time but i am sure we will see him in Kingspan again.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”