NEW CEO........................?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: NEW CEO........................?

Post by Snipe Watson »

ulsterfan09 wrote:There is speculation that Adrian Goodrich, the ex Ulster Captain will be appointed as the new CEO of the UB. If it is Adrian he worked for Gallaghers Cigarettes for many years in a variety of roles from personnel officer to Managing Director when in 2006 he was a member of the board that shared €4.7m when Gallagers were sold to Japan Tobacco.

'May 2006. GALLAHER (Ireland) directors, including managing director Adrian Goodrich, stand to pocket at least £4.7m if the Benson & Hedges cigarette company's parent is taken over by Japan Tobacco.
Last week it emerged that the €12bn Gallaher Group had received an approach from a rival cigarette giant, reported to be Japan Tobacco' Most recent filings show that Goodrich (53) owns 63,139 shares and 77,040 stock options in the Gallaher Group. Based on an expected offer price of £17.75 per share, his holding is now worth close to £1.25m plus other stock options. Directors of the Irish operation hold almost 265,000 shares and stock options in the group' (http://www.independent.ie)

Adrian has been the Chairman of Repak, a not for profit organisation set up by the Irish Government to look at recycling waste. This role was presented to Afrian in 2002 as Gallaghers were one of the largest contributors of waste in Ireland (Cig packets etc). He left Gallaghers at the end of 2006.

Adrian is from Ballymena and currently is still chairman of Repak (http://www.repak.ie). If Adrian is the new CEO we wish him well.

We await confirmation......Or otherwise...................
Fixed :roll: :shake:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Something at the back of my mind says he was once the managing Director of the Yates Group of Companies in Bangor= Safe Hands then
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

What relation is he to Cecil Watson :lol:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Yes, was associated with the Yates Group Kofi.

Here is a wee pic - he is the one on the left (as YOU look at it)

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:What relation is he to Cecil Watson :lol:
Don't know about relationship to Cecil, but his wife is a bit tasty :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:Something at the back of my mind says he was once the managing Director of the Yates Group of Companies in Bangor= Safe Hands then
Who or what are the Yates group ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

cables wrote:Yes, was associated with the Yates Group Kofi.

Correct Cables, the one on the right is called Maureen.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:Yes, was associated with the Yates Group Kofi.

I hope you are finding a different Yates group than the one I have found in companies house records cables :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

The tone of your post suggests I should hope so too.

I have him as attending a "VISIONING DAY- FEBRUARY 2001" organised by the "North Down Local Strategy Partnership".

He was representing an organisation reported as - "Yates T R (NI) Ltd".

Subsequent to that in 2005, the Secretary of State when appointing him to Youth Justice told us:-
Shane Logan lives in Bangor. He was, until last year, Chairman and Chief Executive of Yates Group, a Supply Chain Management Group. Formerly he was Managing Director of BP Northern Ireland and Managing Director of Coca-Cola, Russia.
Same or different is the question.

In 2006 there was a Youth Justice conference in Belfast which was attended by a Russian delegation.
The Secretary of State has appointed Mr Shane Logan as a Non-Executive
Director of the Youth Justice Agency Management Board. The appointment
is for a three year period and took effect from 14th March 2005.
Shane’s main role will be to provide support to the Agency’s senior
management team in the areas of corporate governance and financial
probity. As well as attending Management Board meetings, he will fulfil
the key role of chairing the Agency’s Audit Committee.
Shane brings with him a wealth of senior management experience having,
until last year, held the position of Chairman and Chief Executive of the
Yates Group, a supply chain management group. Prior to that, he was
Managing Director of BP Northern Ireland and Managing Director of
Coca-Cola, Russia
Then in June 2007 he was to be a contributor to a conference on Mergers ran associated with NICVA.
NICVA has enlisted the help of Cleaver Fulton Rankin solicitors to help demystify legal due diligence for organisations embarking on a merger or formal collaboration. RNIB’s Director Shane Logan will also give tips on planning a merger from the perspective of someone who has recently been through this process.
Last edited by cables on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote:The tone of your post suggests I should hope so too.

I have him as attending a "VISIONING DAY- FEBRUARY 2001" organised by the "North Down Local Strategy Partnership".

He was representing an organisation reported as - "Yates T R (NI) Ltd".

Subsequent to that in 2005, the Secretary of State when appointing him to Youth Justice told us:-
Shane Logan lives in Bangor. He was, until last year, Chairman and Chief Executive of Yates Group, a Supply Chain Management Group. Formerly he was Managing Director of BP Northern Ireland and Managing Director of Coca-Cola, Russia.
Same or different is the question.

Then in June 2007 he was to be a contributor to a conference on Mergers ran associated with NICVA.
NICVA has enlisted the help of Cleaver Fulton Rankin solicitors to help demystify legal due diligence for organisations embarking on a merger or formal collaboration. RNIB’s Director Shane Logan will also give tips on planning a merger from the perspective of someone who has recently been through this process.
I'm a suspicious fecker by nature cables and when parts of someones cv are cherry picked for a press release it makes me even more of a suspicious fecker than normal
Appointment of non-executive director to the Youth Justice Agency Management Board
Friday 25 March 2005
Would have thought those may have warranted a mention somewhere in press :? , mind you I can't find any other references in Google.

But there you go and I wish him all the best in a pretty difficult job and challenge in building Ulster Rugby up into a similar or better success as Leinster and Munster.

ps Yates T R (NI) Ltd appears to have gone mammaries up very shortly after his departure, providing they and he are the same firm/person http://www.ukdata.com/numbers/NI011219.html
Rory Best
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Logan's appointment is a missed opportunity for UR. Not only was he allegedly not the IRFU reps choice, but was also allegedly well down the pecking order in the short list presented by the rec company hired to source candidates. in my opinion he was the only one of the 3 who will not challenge the committee and will be no more than a puppet, I expect to see very little change in UR as the gin soaked ties have got their man and will remain in the ivory tower in which they have become accustomed ! Once again I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by nonplussed on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Do the central Russians even drink coke?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:Do the central Russians even drink coke?
Drink it and snort it :lol: :wink:
Rory Best
ulsterfan09
Novice

Post by ulsterfan09 »

Hold my hands up, got it wrong twice but I had it on 'good authority' within UB. But you know what learnt me lesson on that one, sorry everyone.

Anyhow Mr Logan, done some checking.

Worked for Fuel Services as General Manager (not BP, they sold BP petrol cards to SMEs in N.Ireland). He was not a statutory Director of this company in the 90s if any of us remember them.
Worked for Yates Group as CEO. They had a turnover of £2m. He was also a director of Meldon Electronic, Yates TR NI, Yates Office Supplies and Yates APD. All these companies were dissolved in 2005. In fact Yates were sold to the management by Logan and a chap called Miskelly (now with McClure Watters), seemingly the company went bust within three months, there is a suggestion that everything wasnt what it should have been when sold. A chap called Sam Humpries now CEO of USEL in the Shankill bought the company and I believe may have lost a considerable amount of money and even his house on this deal(that would need validating or someone to ask the question of him).

Being a Bangor man i am sure he knows Dick M well!!!!!!!!!. Dick was on the first interview panel i believe. Since 2005 to date he has worked for RNIB a non commercial charity with a small turnover, interesting that this is deemed a serious commercial role. Regarding Coke Cola, still checking.

I also concur with previous posts that Mr Logan was NOT everyones choice in fact D4 plus one other supported another candidate (dont know which of the other two). If I do a compare of the three based on whats here and on the internet....Well...I am not convinced we have the right man here, hope we have but I think the Yates Group matter needs further investigating........
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ulsterfan09 wrote:Regarding Coke Cola, still checking.
Try checking depot manager :wink:
Rory Best