NEW CEO........................?

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Re: NEW CEO........................?

Post by browner »

cables wrote:
a manager in fabrication
Oooooooopsy :oops:

:scratch:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

browner wrote:
cables wrote:
a manager in fabrication
Oooooooopsy :oops:
:scratch:
Fabricated CV, Browner?

Allegedly ..... by some ....... not by me, obviously
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

YoungMan wrote:
a manager in fabrication
Was Browner being funny(i think not) or spun a yarn.................. Manger as opposed to General Manager.....................wonder what his training was in fabrication must have done night classes in between jobs :scratch:
Can you do a night course in welding :?
Talking of welders what has happened our welder :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

browner wrote:
bit wrote:browner- what job did he actually hold in the 'Yard'
Going by those i was speaking to i would imagine he was a manager in fabrication production, not sure of his rank....will enquire next time i'm talking.
As i thought, just a general production manager as opposed to "the general manager"......a term i had never heard of in 16 years in H&W,just needed to confirm though as that was over 20 years ago.

Not being funny, nor am i being spun a yarn.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:
browner wrote:
bit wrote:browner- what job did he actually hold in the 'Yard'
Going by those i was speaking to i would imagine he was a manager in fabrication production, not sure of his rank....will enquire next time i'm talking.
As i thought, just a general production manager as opposed to "the general manager"......a term i had never heard of in 16 years in H&W,just needed to confirm though as that was over 20 years ago.

Not being funny, nor am i being spun a yarn.
I think Sir John Parker was bossman in those days browner :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

That's correct, but was never known as "the general manager".....can think of plenty of other names though...for managers in general that is. :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

If you need a list, those I recall were:
Sir Fred
Baillie
Dr. Denis
Mallabar
Edwards
Watt
Hoppe
Punt
Parker
Olsen

Knew most but never worked under Punt, Parker or Olsen.

Parker John (as we called him) started in the same office building as I in the same year. Hoppe was a salesman and loved travelling the world drumming up business. He quickly decided he needed an assistant on these trips and plucked Parker John from the Naval Architect team. John was, I believe, as surprised as any. Indeed he had to go into Belfast to buy clothing for the first trip. Hoppe travelled First Class and John economy BTW.

I suspect the early Parker era would have been too early for Logan. The Olsen/Parker era would have been more likely therefore 1989 on perhaps.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cables wrote: I suspect the early Parker era would have been too early for Logan. The Olsen/Parker era would have been more likely therefore 1989 on perhaps.
Thats the era I was thing off cables, at that stage Parker had really climbed the ladder in business circles, Olsen was actually slowing down his workload when he was involved in yard and handing over to daughter at that time.
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

1989 on perhaps.
Correct again... he also has a military background.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

The fabrication job would not have been a 'commercial' job and we think it started in 1989 or even later.

Tie in
"a wealth of commercial experience over the last 17 years, in a wide range of industry sectors."

That takes you to 1992. Reasonable to assume left H&W before/during 1992 then?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

YoungMan wrote:SO LETS GET THIS RIGHT....HE WAS NOT GENERAL MANAGER...............................
a general manager as opposed to the general manager, I think that is general consensus from browner and cables :?
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

YoungMan wrote:
browner wrote:
1989 on perhaps.
Browner do you read threads before posting or just jump in..................................... :roll:
May have been a confirmation from another source. Browner has shown many times in posts that he reads threads.
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

YoungMan wrote:
browner wrote:
1989 on perhaps.
Browner do you read threads before posting or just jump in..................................... :roll:

:cheers:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So Frabrication Production it is then............. now what of his military service probably the Catering Corps... or does anyone know better?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:So Frabrication Production it is then............. now what of his military service probably the Catering Corps... or does anyone know better?
Nah the military bit seems to check out ok, but then again it was never mentioned in the press release, would appear the press release was all wrong/adjusted/altered/fabricated/reconstructed/embellished and everything not in it was correct :scratch:
Rory Best