Ethel in Match Day Squad

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
theundercoverspark
Novice
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Ethel in Match Day Squad

Post by theundercoverspark » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Don't tell anyone but........

Today being Sunday and my scheduled day off I was enticed to work (offered double time and a Fish Supper from The Bethany). So, there I was up on the flood lights cleaning the glass when......Guess what, it was yer woman Ethel doing a bench press, a star jump, a trolley dash (along the touch line),sitting on the bench while making a latte for the BOSS.

Then I heard the words,"Ethel, it's time, you are in the squad" Well blow my fuses I couldn't believe it she was picked after all this time.

The Bear is not happy, I hear he has been in training all week, drinking pints(non alcoholic) :duh: in various watering holes, eating noodles and peri peri chicken in certain well known establishments.

Roll on Friday.

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Ethel in Match Day Squad

Post by Rooster » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 pm

theundercoverspark wrote:Guess what, it was yer woman Ethel doing a bench press, a star jump, a trolley dash (along the touch line),sitting on the bench while making a latte for the BOSS.
Thats it, Ethel is running the tryline with a big mug of latte, Cave for a hat trick on Friday night :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Ethel in Match Day Squad

Post by Snipe Watson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Rooster wrote:
theundercoverspark wrote:Guess what, it was yer woman Ethel doing a bench press, a star jump, a trolley dash (along the touch line),sitting on the bench while making a latte for the BOSS.
Thats it, Ethel is running the tryline with a big mug of latte, Cave for a hat trick on Friday night :thumleft:
beat me to it
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Ethel in Match Day Squad

Post by Snipe Watson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:58 pm

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Aye, trouble is you'd both beat Cave to it. He's too slow and lazy to be bothered trying to beat either of you. :roll:
Unless we were heading for a latte.
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Ethel in Match Day Squad

Post by Rooster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 am

Snipe Watson wrote:
LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Aye, trouble is you'd both beat Cave to it. He's too slow and lazy to be bothered trying to beat either of you. :roll:
Unless we were heading for a latte.
He'd feckin kill the both of us if we got there first :twisted:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Ethel in Match Day Squad

Post by Snipe Watson » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 am

We'll keep going until he retracts
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Ethel in Match Day Squad

Post by Rooster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 am

Snipe Watson wrote:We'll keep going until he retracts
2 trys in one match should let him off the hook as long as he has more than 10m to run.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

Post Reply