Mobile phones & Cameras

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

cardoc
Novice

Mobile phones & Cameras

Post by cardoc »

A friend was telling me that a ban on mobile phones and cameras in new Ravenhill has been talked about, might not be a bad idea bring it into line with golf competitions where phones and flashes from cameras are considered a distraction to players. There could be a allocated place ( a wee hut) in some remote corner within the stadium, out of view of genuine rugby spectators, for those who are addicted to mobiles to use as smokers have now become accustomed :stir:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mobile phones & Cameras

Post by mikerob »

Sounds like bollix to me...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I heard there was going to be a smoking ban at Ravenhill too ...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Now that I could live with ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

Cornerfleg wrote:Now that I could live with ...
A smoking ban or camera/mobile ban or both? (or the 3) :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

cardoc wrote:A friend was telling me that a ban on mobile phones and cameras in new Ravenhill has been talked about, might not be a bad idea bring it into line with golf competitions where phones and flashes from cameras are considered a distraction to players. There could be a allocated place ( a wee hut) in some remote corner within the stadium, out of view of genuine rugby spectators, for those who are addicted to mobiles to use as smokers have now become accustomed :stir:

Wise up, oh great Physician to the Automotive Industry.

Golf & Rugby of course are a great comparison, both being played in bright daylight when flash photography from 50 metres would take the eye out of ye. And that quietness that pervades rugby matches, if it wasn't for the stands, you'd convince yourself that you were in 100 acres of sward forest sand & water.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I hear men with beards and tall baldy lanky feckers will be refused access unless accompanied by a midget wearing a pink fluorescent tu tu and a Woodvale RFC supporters balaclava , but hey I good be a tad off the mark :roll:

Feck me like.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Is the Terracing not already a no smoking area because of the extended roof therefore making it a covered area, if so I would assume that it would apply to all new stands, from a personal point of view whither covered or not, smoking should be banned in crowed areas.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

scrum5 wrote:Is the Terracing not already a no smoking area because of the extended roof therefore making it a covered area, if so I would assume that it would apply to all new stands, from a personal point of view whither covered or not, smoking should be banned in crowed areas.....
Is the whole ground not non smoking, but not because of the extended roof
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

I'd love to see an Ulster Rugby representative try to take my mobile phone off me
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Windeos wrote:I'd love to see an Ulster Rugby representative try to take my mobile phone off me
Aye, just like you see the same staff literally taking fegs out of peoples mouths on the Prom then :duh:

Plus, has anyone told John Dickson that he could be out of a job if this ban is implemented??
BBC & Sky TV must also be concerned :stir:

What a load of old tosh :lol: .
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

scrum5 wrote:... smoking should be banned in crowed areas.....
First, bats, then olws, now we're delayed by crows! Stone them, I say!
Kofi Annan wrote: Is the whole ground not non smoking, but not because of the extended roof
Indeed - rumour has it, it has been non-smoking for several years (hence my original comment)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hahahahaha, nonsense. How could it ever be policed?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sounds like an April fool joke that has taken a while to get around
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Only rugby ground I've ever been pulled up about a camera at was Stade De France.

Mind you, an f2.8 300mm might have been taking the widdle a bit, but it's a big place and I was up in the nosebleeds.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean