the northampton connection

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Shafted

I thought that you believed me to be total out of my tree when I said the same on the dark side!!!
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Ach no, don't tell me Shields is leaving. He's the one quality player we have and I just can't understand why he's not on the Ireland team. Pure class and Saints are really lucky to be getting such a legend.

(Think that'll work lads?)
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sure Thompson has throwing problems as well so they won't notice Shieldsy when he misses a few dozen throws either :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

Gary wrote:Ach no, don't tell me Shields is leaving. He's the one quality player we have and I just can't understand why he's not on the Ireland team. Pure class and Saints are really lucky to be getting such a legend.
Did you keep a straight face Gaz when you wrote that :lol: :lol:
But of course we are devestated :(

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Took me nearly an hour to type that Goody. Couldn't seem to persuade my fingers to do it :(
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

mikerob wrote:
jamesie wrote:if only they knew :cyclopsani:
http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/foru ... um.php?f=1

On the other hand, ignorance is bliss...
any chance of a more specific link MIke?
I can't wade through ntheir entire message board. It's an hour of my life I'll never get back :wink:
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
ThirtyThreeNil
Novice

Post by ThirtyThreeNil »

anyone fancy chipping in for his (one way) flight ticket?
Gary
Chancellor to the King

Post by Gary »

He'd probably miss the plane :?
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

Gary wrote:He'd probably miss the plane :?
**snigger** :lol:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

GerryO' wrote: http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/foru ... um.php?f=1

On the other hand, ignorance is bliss..
any chance of a more specific link MIke?
I can't wade through ntheir entire message board. It's an hour of my life I'll never get back :wink:
My "ignorance is bliss" comment was because there is no comment on the Saints' official site about a Shields or Mallon move so I certainly wasn't going to stir things up there by posting something so it isn't worth reading yet... although Jamesie can always be relied on for creating controversy on other fans' websites. :wink:

However on the unofficial Saints website referenced by shafted (http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read ... 589&sid=99) I see that some Saints fans have already come across the less-than-favourable comments about Shields on the ur.com deadsite.
Shafted

Post by Shafted »

horslips wrote:Shafted

I thought that you believed me to be total out of my tree when I said the same on the dark side!!!
now now, i didn't comment on your reliability, more a shock that Shieldsy would get picked up by a GP club (for the moment anyway!)
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Whilst I understand that we might be a bit light at the start of the season in the centre do we not really just need cover for a few months until players return. As such could another alternative not be found elsewhere?

Mallon left here a couple of years ago due to what was described as limited opportunities in an area of strength. He has since had limited opportunities with the Saints starting a total of 12 games as well as suffering what was described as a serious knee injury. He has been unable to force his way back into first team contention playing more for what is effectively the Saints A team the Wanderers.

Since his departure we have lost Kevin Maggs from the centre but have witnessed Andrew Trimble’s emergence as a quality player albeit Ireland’s instance that he plays on the wing.

Last year we also added Mark Bartholomeusz who can play in the centre as well as elsewhere and this year will introduce Rob Dewey there as well.

So is the only solution to give a player a 2-3 year contract just to cover a few weeks after a world cup. If everyone was available just how far down the peckign over would Seamus be unless of course he has improved as a player.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU