IRELAND -V- FRANCE at Ravers

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

:bounce: :bounce: :salut: :cheers: Yeah............ an Ulster win, followed by an Irish win washed down by lots of Magners .............. Hope it's more than just a rumour!! Well done UR

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Hope this is true.
Does that mean we'd watch on the stands / terraces or would we stand on the pitch and glue our eyes to a screen possibly behind the beer tent?

Colinx
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
Ulsterfan1310
Novice

Post by Ulsterfan1310 »

that would be great. i wanna know that answer too colin!
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Here's hoping, keep us posted YM!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Magners League and World Cup Double Header at Ravenhill
10 August 2007, 2:34 pm
By Lyndsey Irwin
Read on for details of more of Ulster's Magners League matches and how you see Ireland take on France on the big screen at Ravenhill on Fri 21st Sep...
Following the confirmation of the broadcast schedule for Magners League games in the first half of the 2007/8 season, the details of the kick-off dates and times for the majority of the remaining non televised games up until the new year have been released.

Ulster are set to open their 2007-08 Magners League account against our Heineken Cup opponents, the Ospreys at Ravenhill on Friday 21st August - the same night that Ireland face France at the Stade de France, Paris in the pool stages of the Rugby World Cup.

**Given the fact that we'll all want to be cheering on both teams, Ulster Rugby will kick off their match at Ravenhill at 6.30pm and at this stage we are hopeful that we will have a big screen in operation at Ravenhill in order to be able to tune into the Ireland game which kicks off at 8pm**
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/11_5472.php
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I would have thought 6:30 is too late for a few reasons.

I presume most will want to see the whole of the Ireland game whether it be at Ravers, Rosetta or at Home.

There seems to be no real chance for anyone with these KO times.

We can't really have the O's run in a couple of tries to win the game while the Ulster team and supporters are distracted by the big screen. :wink:

Could UR not change it to 6:00pm?
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Ireland game starts at 8; no indication what time the big screen will 'tune in'. Presumably after the final whistle.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

No injury time cables, just play on over the debris and get the game finished when the whistle blows in Paris :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GerryO'
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by GerryO' »

Surely the O's game should be moved to Saturday night.
THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

GerryO' wrote:Surely the O's game should be moved to Saturday night.
That would wreck Taffie TV's weekend Gerry :roll:
Bit like they should have a 3:00pm kick off with our away game in Newport day of 1/4 final in Cardiff.
Rory Best