TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by damianmcr »

kingofthehill wrote:Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does that leave Guilt Trip? Silent partner?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

It's hardly ever open so don't suppose it matters where he is.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.

Another mistake by UR, currently our best prop. Assuming Worcester are offering a longer contract?

Maybe he will be opening a new branch of Guilt Trip in Worcester. One or two the nippers better be good, without Black this season would have been much uglier.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

King of the hill wrote

''Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.''

I don't often agree with many of Baggy's wide ranging pronouncements but I'm in TOTAL agreement with him on this one. UR better have some 'clinker' of a LHP signing up their slieve or we are well and truly shafted for next season at least. Admittedly, I can see the arguement about it being difficult to give CB the length of contract he may have wanted , BUT ... UR has wasted more money on unproven overseas players before . CB is not spectacular but he's been our best LHP this year by a country mile and therefore UR know the player they are getting .
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Tighty wrote:King of the hill wrote

''Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.''

I don't often agree with many of Baggy's wide ranging pronouncements but I'm in TOTAL agreement with him on this one. UR better have some 'clinker' of a LHP signing up their slieve or we are well and truly shafted for next season at least. Admittedly, I can see the arguement about it being difficult to give CB the length of contract he may have wanted , BUT ... UR has wasted more money on unproven overseas players before . CB is not spectacular but he's been our best LHP this year by a country mile and therefore UR know the player they are getting .
They have, you just haven't seen him yet, goes by the moniker The Hond, translated from the Afrikaans, it means Chihuahua.... :duh: :duh: :duh:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

He is leaving(not deserting) a fast sinking ship and who can blame him. He will simply be joining the considerable number who sadly will not be renewing their season tickets.
As far as those in charge are concerned an apt comparison is Nero fiddling while Rome burns.
Mid Ulster ROB
Novice

Post by Mid Ulster ROB »

With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Mid Ulster ROB wrote:With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
Also why Callum was unceremoniously dropped a couple of weeks back

#baggyknew

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Mid Ulster ROB wrote:With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week

#baggyknew

Oh you mean the time he took 30 hours to explain he had a bad back ............... the time the press had to ask Kiss repeatedly "WHERE'S CALLUM"

Aye, that would be right. My conclusion is that UR could not give CB the contract he was after, he signed up for his old club and FOLK in a fit of pique dropped him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Having had my brilliant suggestion of Danny Cipriani as our new 10 soundly rejected, nay roundly scorned, here's another idea. Looks like James Haskell is now surplus to requirements at Wasps. He would certainly add a bit of grunt to our pack.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

I’d have Cipriani in a heart beat.... Haskell however can feck aff

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'd have neither, it's time to stop hiring mercenaries unless they are exceptional, neither Wasp meets that criteria.

Ulster needs players who are invested in the shirt, a bit of the GAA mentality of parish above all, fewer and better NIQs would suit my thoughts, no more dross and with the 5 year project period, no player worth a damn is likely to be pursuing that as a career move.

Feckin' foreigners coming over here stealing our Dave's jobs. :lol: Enough I say.

I hope Hond proves to be the tipping point and we stop buying in worse players than are already here. I remember sitting listening to Doc Dave saying that we must only sign top class players who improve the team & demand selection. Deysel & Hond, in particular, do not meet that criterion.

As projects, Robbie & Herbst the lion tamer/killer wouldn't meet it either other than as projects, Louis, on the other hand, was a top-notch project as obviously was Girrid.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Project players are always a bit of a gamble, NIQ players should be starting quality only anything less don't bother.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

#baggyknew

Oh you mean the time he took 30 hours to explain he had a bad back ............... the time the press had to ask Kiss repeatedly "WHERE'S CALLUM"

Aye, that would be right. My conclusion is that UR could not give CB the contract he was after, he signed up for his old club and FOLK in a fit of pique dropped him.
Isn't it an amazing thing, how a player is playing the best rugby of his career shortly before disappearing off to pastures new?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Looks like we're keeping Rodney, Diack and about 30 others then..... Brett Herron must have got 4 years using that scenario.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"