1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 24 users online :: 8 registered, 1 hidden and 15 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], richardt84, SemrushBot, stirlingwing, YandexBot

Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 648210
Total topics 19022
Total members 2917
Our newest member Cap10

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

• Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 36 votes

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby damianmcr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm

kingofthehill wrote:Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does that leave Guilt Trip? Silent partner?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Postby ColinM » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 pm

It's hardly ever open so don't suppose it matters where he is.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 am

kingofthehill wrote:Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.

Another mistake by UR, currently our best prop. Assuming Worcester are offering a longer contract?

Maybe he will be opening a new branch of Guilt Trip in Worcester. One or two the nippers better be good, without Black this season would have been much uglier.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Tighty » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:13 am

King of the hill wrote

''Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.''

I don't often agree with many of Baggy's wide ranging pronouncements but I'm in TOTAL agreement with him on this one. UR better have some 'clinker' of a LHP signing up their slieve or we are well and truly shafted for next season at least. Admittedly, I can see the arguement about it being difficult to give CB the length of contract he may have wanted , BUT ... UR has wasted more money on unproven overseas players before . CB is not spectacular but he's been our best LHP this year by a country mile and therefore UR know the player they are getting .
Tighty
Initiate

Postby scrum5 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 am

Tighty wrote:King of the hill wrote

''Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.''

I don't often agree with many of Baggy's wide ranging pronouncements but I'm in TOTAL agreement with him on this one. UR better have some 'clinker' of a LHP signing up their slieve or we are well and truly shafted for next season at least. Admittedly, I can see the arguement about it being difficult to give CB the length of contract he may have wanted , BUT ... UR has wasted more money on unproven overseas players before . CB is not spectacular but he's been our best LHP this year by a country mile and therefore UR know the player they are getting .

They have, you just haven't seen him yet, goes by the moniker The Hond, translated from the Afrikaans, it means Chihuahua.... :duh: :duh: :duh:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012

Support J9, A True Legend....Feb 1971- 06 Feb 2017
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Postby Cracker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:22 am

He is leaving(not deserting) a fast sinking ship and who can blame him. He will simply be joining the considerable number who sadly will not be renewing their season tickets.
As far as those in charge are concerned an apt comparison is Nero fiddling while Rome burns.
Cracker
Squire

Postby Mid Ulster ROB » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 am

With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
Mid Ulster ROB
Novice

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 am

Mid Ulster ROB wrote:With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
Also why Callum was unceremoniously dropped a couple of weeks back

#baggyknew

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Russ wrote:
Mid Ulster ROB wrote:With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week

#baggyknew

Oh you mean the time he took 30 hours to explain he had a bad back ............... the time the press had to ask Kiss repeatedly "WHERE'S CALLUM"

Aye, that would be right. My conclusion is that UR could not give CB the contract he was after, he signed up for his old club and FOLK in a fit of pique dropped him.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby solidarity » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:06 pm

Having had my brilliant suggestion of Danny Cipriani as our new 10 soundly rejected, nay roundly scorned, here's another idea. Looks like James Haskell is now surplus to requirements at Wasps. He would certainly add a bit of grunt to our pack.
solidarity
Warrior Assassin

Postby nonplussed » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:08 pm

I’d have Cipriani in a heart beat.... Haskell however can feck aff

nonplussed
Warrior Assassin

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm

I'd have neither, it's time to stop hiring mercenaries unless they are exceptional, neither Wasp meets that criteria.

Ulster needs players who are invested in the shirt, a bit of the GAA mentality of parish above all, fewer and better NIQs would suit my thoughts, no more dross and with the 5 year project period, no player worth a damn is likely to be pursuing that as a career move.

Feckin' foreigners coming over here stealing our Dave's jobs. :lol: Enough I say.

I hope Hond proves to be the tipping point and we stop buying in worse players than are already here. I remember sitting listening to Doc Dave saying that we must only sign top class players who improve the team & demand selection. Deysel & Hond, in particular, do not meet that criterion.

As projects, Robbie & Herbst the lion tamer/killer wouldn't meet it either other than as projects, Louis, on the other hand, was a top-notch project as obviously was Girrid.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Rooster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Project players are always a bit of a gamble, NIQ players should be starting quality only anything less don't bother.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Snipe Watson » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:39 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

#baggyknew

Oh you mean the time he took 30 hours to explain he had a bad back ............... the time the press had to ask Kiss repeatedly "WHERE'S CALLUM"

Aye, that would be right. My conclusion is that UR could not give CB the contract he was after, he signed up for his old club and FOLK in a fit of pique dropped him.

Isn't it an amazing thing, how a player is playing the best rugby of his career shortly before disappearing off to pastures new?
#NotMyCountry
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Cornerfleg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 pm

Looks like we're keeping Rodney, Diack and about 30 others then..... Brett Herron must have got 4 years using that scenario.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Raver's rumours