Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

August 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 24 users online :: 8 registered, 1 hidden and 15 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], richardt84, SemrushBot, stirlingwing, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 648210
Total topics 19022
Total members 2917
Our newest member Cap10

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 36 votes
  

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby damianmcr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm

kingofthehill wrote:Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does that leave Guilt Trip? Silent partner?
User avatar
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5901
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby ColinM » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 pm

It's hardly ever open so don't suppose it matters where he is.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7852
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 am

kingofthehill wrote:Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Another mistake by UR, currently our best prop. Assuming Worcester are offering a longer contract?

Maybe he will be opening a new branch of Guilt Trip in Worcester. One or two the nippers better be good, without Black this season would have been much uglier.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29246
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Tighty » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:13 am

King of the hill wrote

''Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.''


I don't often agree with many of Baggy's wide ranging pronouncements but I'm in TOTAL agreement with him on this one. UR better have some 'clinker' of a LHP signing up their slieve or we are well and truly shafted for next season at least. Admittedly, I can see the arguement about it being difficult to give CB the length of contract he may have wanted , BUT ... UR has wasted more money on unproven overseas players before . CB is not spectacular but he's been our best LHP this year by a country mile and therefore UR know the player they are getting .
User avatar
Tighty
Initiate
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby scrum5 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 am

Tighty wrote:King of the hill wrote

''Baggy you will be gutted to hear but Callum Black is away to Worcester.''


I don't often agree with many of Baggy's wide ranging pronouncements but I'm in TOTAL agreement with him on this one. UR better have some 'clinker' of a LHP signing up their slieve or we are well and truly shafted for next season at least. Admittedly, I can see the arguement about it being difficult to give CB the length of contract he may have wanted , BUT ... UR has wasted more money on unproven overseas players before . CB is not spectacular but he's been our best LHP this year by a country mile and therefore UR know the player they are getting .


They have, you just haven't seen him yet, goes by the moniker The Hond, translated from the Afrikaans, it means Chihuahua.... :duh: :duh: :duh:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012

Support J9, A True Legend....Feb 1971- 06 Feb 2017
User avatar
scrum5
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6054
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Cracker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:22 am

He is leaving(not deserting) a fast sinking ship and who can blame him. He will simply be joining the considerable number who sadly will not be renewing their season tickets.
As far as those in charge are concerned an apt comparison is Nero fiddling while Rome burns.
User avatar
Cracker
Squire
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Mid Ulster ROB » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:08 am

With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
User avatar
Mid Ulster ROB
Novice
 
Posts: 62
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Russ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 am

Mid Ulster ROB wrote:With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
Also why Callum was unceremoniously dropped a couple of weeks back

#baggyknew

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27782
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Russ wrote:
Mid Ulster ROB wrote:With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
Also why Callum was unceremoniously dropped a couple of weeks back

#baggyknew

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Oh you mean the time he took 30 hours to explain he had a bad back ............... the time the press had to ask Kiss repeatedly "WHERE'S CALLUM"

Aye, that would be right. My conclusion is that UR could not give CB the contract he was after, he signed up for his old club and FOLK in a fit of pique dropped him.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29246
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby solidarity » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:06 pm

Having had my brilliant suggestion of Danny Cipriani as our new 10 soundly rejected, nay roundly scorned, here's another idea. Looks like James Haskell is now surplus to requirements at Wasps. He would certainly add a bit of grunt to our pack.
User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1273
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby nonplussed » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:08 pm

I’d have Cipriani in a heart beat.... Haskell however can feck aff


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
nonplussed
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm

I'd have neither, it's time to stop hiring mercenaries unless they are exceptional, neither Wasp meets that criteria.

Ulster needs players who are invested in the shirt, a bit of the GAA mentality of parish above all, fewer and better NIQs would suit my thoughts, no more dross and with the 5 year project period, no player worth a damn is likely to be pursuing that as a career move.

Feckin' foreigners coming over here stealing our Dave's jobs. :lol: Enough I say.

I hope Hond proves to be the tipping point and we stop buying in worse players than are already here. I remember sitting listening to Doc Dave saying that we must only sign top class players who improve the team & demand selection. Deysel & Hond, in particular, do not meet that criterion.

As projects, Robbie & Herbst the lion tamer/killer wouldn't meet it either other than as projects, Louis, on the other hand, was a top-notch project as obviously was Girrid.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29246
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Rooster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:08 pm

Project players are always a bit of a gamble, NIQ players should be starting quality only anything less don't bother.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39541
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Snipe Watson » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:39 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
Mid Ulster ROB wrote:With Callum Black leaving, maybe that's why Tommy O'Hagan is touted to be starting against the Kings next week
Also why Callum was unceremoniously dropped a couple of weeks back

#baggyknew

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Oh you mean the time he took 30 hours to explain he had a bad back ............... the time the press had to ask Kiss repeatedly "WHERE'S CALLUM"

Aye, that would be right. My conclusion is that UR could not give CB the contract he was after, he signed up for his old club and FOLK in a fit of pique dropped him.

Isn't it an amazing thing, how a player is playing the best rugby of his career shortly before disappearing off to pastures new?
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22780
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Postby Cornerfleg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 pm

Looks like we're keeping Rodney, Diack and about 30 others then..... Brett Herron must have got 4 years using that scenario.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Raver's rumours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->