TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Cornerfleg »

Spies is a showboating Narcissist ... NEXT
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Just out of interest how does anyone rate the signings of UR over the past several years referenced against who presumably ID'd them and which agent was involved etc etc...

Can we take it as read that Ruan was the best that we have signed... A product of the Dr Hump time however as I was always led to believe the key person in the move was Muller..

How many signing Esportif signings stack up against others?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Piutau, fantastic player but wasted talent here as he was not actually what was needed
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Just out of interest how does anyone rate the signings of UR over the past several years referenced against who presumably ID'd them and which agent was involved etc etc...

Can we take it as read that Ruan was the best that we have signed... A product of the Dr Hump time however as I was always led to believe the key person in the move was Muller..

How many signing Esportif signings stack up against others?
Ruan said to the BBC more or less that Muller was his approach to Ulster rather than the other way round.

I have no idea who players agents are & don't much care. My feeling is that the majority of, non-short-term injury, signings has delivered what it's said on the box. Herbst has been a little underwhelming given what we believed he might be but Hond comes with no such expectations. Franco has been a very good signing, in my opinion, his durability and availability week in week out has been all you can hope for in a guy who comes as a decent but not a household name player.

Young players are a mixed bag, you don't know what you are getting until he's been here a while so Treadwell has been excellent, Herron somewhat less than. Pete Browne has exceeded low expectations, Rowley & Barbara not so much.

On balance, it is ludicrous to expect every signing to be a pearler, a brahmer or a stoater, a pure peach by the way, so we have done ok in general. Louis Ludik, of course, is a pure peach, a man who has delivered even if old clownshoes the selector hasn't understood that. Charless? Not bad.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say we have made good signings in more mature players overall.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Tue May 23, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Definitely in 3 separate groups.

The Greats.

Ruan - Top of the pile, Rolls Royce.
Muller - Not the best player in the world, but a born leader you build a team around.
P3 - Lucky to get him, sorted his shyte out - gave everything. Hard as nails.
Stieny - Most underrated signing we ever made - pure quality
The Rev - First of the real top signings, no harder man ever played the game, I mean compared to Dave Ah Feck.
Charlie - Unnecessary Luxury but great to watch.
Marcel - IF he is fit a truly world class act.
Bros - Another hard nosed, this is how it's done player.
Sexton - Quality signing
Ward - The first to become fully adopted as an Ulsterman.
Terblanche - Past his best but was joyous to watch - one of the bests 15s to ever play the game.

The Middle Men

Matt Mustchin - Not the greatest player but always gave his all.
Simon Danielli - Played his best rugby for us
Afoa - Talent to burn ... along with Air miles - total mercenary.
Fat Nick - Loved it when the head got bobbing.
VDM - Honest grinder

Now the Dross ... in no particular order.

Shitcosfki - Weapons Grade Gash
Bart - Face palm Rubbish
Harrison - A useless ego on two legs
Grant Henderson - WTF
Brink - Broken
Dewey - Seriously what were we thinking
De Chazel - Yer having a laugh right.
Pfister - Oh sweet baby Buddha give me a break
Tia Maria - Busted before he got off GG's table
Lt. Uhuru - Waste of skin and organs
And the complete opposite of Ruan in everyway possible - Big Joe. the epitome of pointlessness.

I'm sure I've left some out like Free, Rowley, Dave Ryan, Windsor, Herron some guy from Samoa or wherever and some Georgian prop, Boys and Kershaw ... All in all we've signed slightly more utter DUNG than quality IMHO, but of late we've hit more of the jack pot.

I don't include Payne, Ludik or Reidy as they are no.... ahem ... local lads ....
Last edited by Cornerfleg on Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Look at it another way, we have done better than what Leinster have signed over past few years.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:Look at it another way, we have done better than what Leinster have signed over past few years.
I think we have different priorities. They have a production line of young talent, they look to NIQs to fill identifiable gaps and don't need the same profile of NIQs as we aim for. We aim as often as possible for a top class player to hopefully drag up the local talent to acceptability. We don't plug holes because we are like a fecking sieve and trying to block up half of them would be like importing thon we Dutch ballix with his thumb in the dyke.

Oh yeah, and did we all note that Bryn said: "bolster the pack" rather than the back row. I would hope he may have done similar to Mexico and signed someone capable of playing 2nd row & back row, hopefully, some tough fecker with injury free knees. >EW

Spies?????? Is he not soooooooooooooooo last decade? :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Definitely in 3 separate groups.

The Greats.

Ruan - Top of the pile, Rolls Royce.
Muller - Not the best player in the world, but a born leader you build a team around.
P3 - Lucky to get him, sorted his shyte out - gave everything. Hard as nails.
Stieny - Most underrated signing we ever made - pure quality
The Rev - First of the real top signings, no harder man ever played the game, I mean compared to Dave Ah Feck.
Charlie - Unnecessary Luxury but great to watch.
Marcel - IF he is fit a truly world class act.
Bros - Another hard nosed, this is how it's done player.
Sexton - Quality signing
Ward - The first to become fully adopted as an Ulsterman.

The Middle Men

Matt Mustchin - Not the greatest player but always gave his all.
Simon Danielli - Played his best rugby for us
Afoa - Talent to burn ... along with Air miles - total mercenary.
Fat Nick - Loved it when the head got bobbing.
VDM - Honest grinder

Now the Dross ... in no particular order.

Shitcosfki - Weapons Grade Gash
Bart - Face palm Rubbish
Harrison - A useless ego on two legs
Grant Henderson - WTF
Brink - Broken
Dewey - Seriously what were we thinking
De Chazel - Yer having a laugh right.
Pfister - Oh sweet baby Buddha give me a break
Tia Maria - Busted before he got off GG's table
Lt. Uhuru - Waste of skin and organs
And the complete opposite of Ruan in everyway possible - Big Joe. the epitome of pointlessness.

I'm sure I've left some out like Free, Rowley, Dave Ryan, Windsor, Herron some guy from Samoa or wherever and some Georgian prop, Boys and Kershaw ... All in all we've signed slightly more utter DUNG than quality IMHO, but of late we've hit more of the jack pot.

I don't include Payne, Ludik or Reidy as they are no.... ahem ... local lads ....
FFFS Fleg, when Cockers said over the last several years I didn't think we were going biblical on it. Entertaining thoughts just the same ..........oh and I'd have raised Harrison up a notch, two notches for his earliest days.

Brain a bit fuzzy today, Lt Uhuru? Do tell.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Harrison did well for 6 months then morphed into a loud mouthed fecking ruck inspector along with thon "pick him he's my mate Dawson" .... Oh All I needed was two clear shots back in those days and I could have saved us a lot of money ...

Lt. Uhuru ... I think his real name was Horua or something like that, I'm sure some of the more astute old farts will remember him. ... came, did an interview, played one match .... like a busted sofa was then released from his contract ... sort of back row version of Dave Ah Feck.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Tamati Horua, a STA signing, was supposed to be a prodigous young talent who'd had a bad run of injuries, would come here and get past all of them and become as great as Robbie Diack.

Didn't even remember him getting a game.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Did someone close to him die early or commit suicide and it just totally messed him up?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cheers Colin ... thons the boy ...

Feck forgot Jimmy Nagusa as well ... didn't like the cold did Jimmy, solid dude though.

There have been millions of others as well ... Campbell Feather ... then the try the Irish connection ... Frost, McCormick ... Cillian Willis .... Doyle FFS ... KEVIN FECKIN MAGGS oh dear lord, makes Big Stu look like a Morgan Pass Developer, he sullied the good name of mediocrity ... Jeez we've had more illegals than Texas ... BJ Botha ... where does he fit in? Del Fava? Constable ... Spencer Bromely ... now there was a cool dude ... pretty useless but cool.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

baggy... Fleg must be having a slack day at work. Part of me has always thought we got lucky with Ryan thanks to Muller and another part of me isn't yet sure that our current ID player sign him Committee is as good as it was...

Then again two of that top list are recent but whilst I think that Marcel could be the real deal I think it unfair to put him there just yet on the back of 3 matches before another injury ended his season.. Next season I will be better placed to judge. As for Charles undoubted class but completely luxury brought here only to fill seats in a position that was well enough covered... so therefore a potentially unneeded signing .
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by nonplussed »

Cornerfleg wrote:Cheers Colin ... thons the boy ...

Feck forgot Jimmy Nagusa as well ... didn't like the cold did Jimmy, solid dude though.

There have been millions of others as well ... Campbell Feather ... then the try the Irish connection ... Frost, McCormick ... Cillian Willis .... Doyle FFS ... KEVIN FECKIN MAGGS oh dear lord, makes Big Stu look like a Morgan Pass Developer, he sullied the good name of mediocrity ... Jeez we've had more illegals than Texas ... BJ Botha ... where does he fit in? Del Fava? Constable ... Spencer Bromely ... now there was a cool dude ... pretty useless but cool.
And Sam Harding, Mike Maguire, Grant Webb, Rod Moore, Clinton Van Rensburg, Riaz Fredericks, Kieran Hallet, Henry Head.... and Mark Crick, one game and border patrol decided he was offski ... and my favourite Dan Roach... who you may ask, exactly

It's a veritable gallery of gash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Simon Mason?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND