TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Lurgan Lad
Steward
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Lurgan Lad » Sun May 05, 2019 6:37 pm

dublane wrote:Are we signing a new iq 10 to replace Mcphillips? Someone down the pecking order at another province with potential hopefully. Any ides who might fit the Bill?
If you are talking about Johnston I would guess he would be 3rd choice OH for us, would it really help him coming up to us?

Dharper
Initiate
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dharper » Mon May 06, 2019 10:08 am

Connacht have an non IQ to announce, not sure whether that deal is done yet. If CL came would that stop Faddes deal?

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4033
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by UlsterNo9 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:57 am

Dharper wrote:Connacht have an non IQ to announce, not sure whether that deal is done yet. If CL came would that stop Faddes deal?
The Westies were always exempt from NIQ rule if I remember correctly.

M Coetzee, S Carter, Faddes and C Lealiifano would be four NIQ.

The NIQ rule has been tampered with so much since Nucifora (look at Munster) arrived I'm lost. At present I have 4 NIQs inclusive of a project player as being okay. Faddes would be 32 by the time he'd qualify for Ireland under current ruling so I doubt that would be signed off as a project player. However there has been no real clarity given since the world rugby changed residency ruling from three years to five.

Munster have 6 NIQs on the books at present Rhys Marshall, Jean Kleyn, Arno Botha, Chris Cloete, Albie Matthewson and Jacob Taute. I may be wrong but I think they started the year with 7 as Tyler Bleyendaal only became IQ at the start of the year.

Based on what Munster have I would like to think Nucifora would sign off on Lealiifano on top of the three we know of. My understanding being Carter and Faddes is a done deal.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5423
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M » Mon May 06, 2019 12:02 pm

Re Munster and their NIQ players:

Taute joining Tigers, Kleyn and Marshall become IQ’d in Sept and Nov respectively. So next season they will have Botha, Cloete and Mathewson (until end of RWC).

Fair to say the NIQ rules are flexible.

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4033
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by UlsterNo9 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Neill_M wrote:Re Munster and their NIQ players:

Taute joining Tigers, Kleyn and Marshall become IQ’d in Sept and Nov respectively. So next season they will have Botha, Cloete and Mathewson (until end of RWC).

Fair to say the NIQ rules are flexible.
Thanks Neill, I had hoped you'd answer, knowledgeable as always :thumleft: . After checking on Belyendaal he became IQ on Jan 2018, therefore I was wrong. Decided to do the research in full, Munster have 3 NIQs who can never play for Ireland and a further 5 who could potentially play for Ireland.

Current Status

Munster NIQs
Botha (2 caps, SA)
Matthewson (5 caps, NZ)
Taute (3 caps, SA) Departing end of the season

Munster NIQs potential Projects
Cloete - Qualifies 2020 Contracted until 2022
Kleyn - Qualifies Sept 2019
Marshall - Qualifies Nov 2019

Munster Academy NIQs
Keynan Knox Qualifies Jan 2021
Matt More Qualifies Jan 2021

Where that leaves Ulster on the Carter, Coetzee, Faddes and potential of Lealiifano all things being fair I would like to think resigning Lealiifano wouldn't be a problem. With these things before though life is not always fair.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

jean valjean
Warrior Assassin
Posts: 1360
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by jean valjean » Mon May 06, 2019 4:37 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Re Munster and their NIQ players:

Taute joining Tigers, Kleyn and Marshall become IQ’d in Sept and Nov respectively. So next season they will have Botha, Cloete and Mathewson (until end of RWC).

Fair to say the NIQ rules are flexible.
Thanks Neill, I had hoped you'd answer, knowledgeable as always :thumleft: . After checking on Belyendaal he became IQ on Jan 2018, therefore I was wrong. Decided to do the research in full, Munster have 3 NIQs who can never play for Ireland and a further 5 who could potentially play for Ireland.

Current Status

Munster NIQs
Botha (2 caps, SA)
Matthewson (5 caps, NZ)
Taute (3 caps, SA) Departing end of the season

Munster NIQs potential Projects
Cloete - Qualifies 2020 Contracted until 2022
Kleyn - Qualifies Sept 2019
Marshall - Qualifies Nov 2019

Munster Academy NIQs
Keynan Knox Qualifies Jan 2021
Matt More Qualifies Jan 2021

Where that leaves Ulster on the Carter, Coetzee, Faddes and potential of Lealiifano all things being fair I would like to think resigning Lealiifano wouldn't be a problem. With these things before though life is not always fair.
Leli is still younger than when fardy signed for d4 and let's not forget he got an extension this year, so age should not be a factor. Personally would like another bruiser in the back row but happy to give the youngsters a chance next year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lurgan Lad
Steward
Posts: 894
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Lurgan Lad » Mon May 06, 2019 5:24 pm

Could we actually afford Lealiifano I wonder? Would be interested to know if our new CEO has made any savings since he started?

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dave » Mon May 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Not with this season's attendance figures, no.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

launish116
Novice
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by launish116 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:13 pm

Dave wrote:Not with this season's attendance figures, no.
Well we will have an extra home quarter to add to the accounts. Aswell as an away quarter and semi.

Bart S
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3325
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Bart S » Mon May 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Dave wrote:Not with this season's attendance figures, no.
Difficult to know what the position is, with players being released/having been released and what conteacts other guys are on. Attendances i imagine are just a part of it. I doubt the average was that much higher when ulster had 3 world cup winners (Afoa, Ruan and Johann) plus a. super Rugby winner (Pedrie) on the books.

Bart S
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3325
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Bart S » Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Anyway, i cannot see Lele coming back........unless a certain poster on here in particular mentions it!!

User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 40135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Rooster » Mon May 06, 2019 9:32 pm

Lele has said he would love to come back, whether we have asked him or not is a different matter and whether we have funds for it is yet another matter
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best

nonplussed
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1555
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by nonplussed » Mon May 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Don't need him

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Cracker
Squire
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Cracker » Tue May 07, 2019 8:03 am

Bring back Ruan as stand in out half if he is coming home.

User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 13659
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Cap'n Grumpy » Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am

Cracker wrote:Bring back Ruan as stand in out half if he is coming home.
Even if he was only the stand-in out-half, he would still be the stand out out-half!
Sadly the days of people using proper English are went

Post Reply