Munster 18/19

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Aird
Squire

Re: Munster 18/19

Post by Aird »

I reckon Adamson is running Pyper from S.Africa close for the title as Worst Referee.He is following in the tradition of Scottish Referees.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Dodged a bullet with Arno Botha, stealing a living from Munster
yeah was thinking that, he looks really impressive, right up until the match starts! Another guy where there’s a huge disparity between performance and bigging-up by (Munster) co-commentators is Haley, reasonable player but a bit error-prone and not much of a spark.

I thought Munster were keek - they looked like they’d been taking notes from the Ireland performances in the 6 nations, really dull stuff, loads of possession but went nowhere fast, and a terrible kicking game. I found it baffling that with less than 10 mins remaining and needing a try to win they were just hoofing the ball down the middle of the pitch, with the scarlets back 3 saying thanks and taking it back into their half! Very winnable and we could have done with a favour!
..one more thing
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Can understand the kicking to some extent — the ball was wet and it was raining heavily - the major problem was the quality of the kicks done into space and all in the air straight to either Patchett or Halfpenny — quality catch and kickers of a rugby ball .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well Munster made heavy weather of it but they eventually got the job done against Zebre to claim the expected 5 points. First half woeful. Second half less so.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:Well Munster made heavy weather of it but they eventually got the job done against Zebre to claim the expected 5 points. First half woeful. Second half less so.
Which is your way of sayin' yous won a match yous wuz expected to win.

But you made really heavy weather of sayin' it. >EW

Just sayin' like.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Wee Joey has signed new deal until the summer of 2022. Mathewson extends again to cover RWC.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Neill_M wrote:Wee Joey has signed new deal until the summer of 2022. Mathewson extends again to cover RWC.
Munster putting the joke into injury joker.

What are the odds on Matthewson getting a third contract extension after RWC?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Great news for Munster. Wee Joey will be a ligind. :D

I think I said earlier in this thread I expected Mathewson contract to be extended. Munster should just sign him for as long as we like. Everybody benefits. Cannot see any issue.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster's confirmed scrum halves for next season - Murray, Mathewson (during RWC) and McCarthy. Status unknown - Cronin, Hart and Williams.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

21 pages after it was asked ... anyone know yet if the 18/19 Pro 14 is a league that Munster should expect to win? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:21 pages after it was asked ... anyone know yet if the 18/19 Pro 14 is a league that Munster should expect to win? :duck:
We'll have a somewhat clearer answer by Saturday afternoon. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Now talking about Saturday - I'm sure Edinburgh will be well up for this game but this is one of those games I expect Munster to win and I will be very critical of Munster if they make a balls of it. I'm saying that even with the knowledge that our star players have something to prove now after the 6n and one of them in particular has to prove not just form but ability to even do the basics to any reasonable standard. I want the Munster selectors to be decisive if he is looking like costing us the game. There is no place for sentimental and foolhardy loyalty in this game.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Munster 18/19

Post by Neill_M »

Bookies have Munster 4 points favs. I think they will win by less than 7.

If they do win, they will host the Monty Boo-urns XV in Dublin or travel to Coventry to play North Barnet.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Edinburgh are a good team and talent wise there isnt a lot between them and Munster. I don't think they have the mental strength to win a big knock out game yet so expect Munster to come through. Will be a great battle up front.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neill_M wrote:Bookies have Munster 4 points favs. I think they will win by less than 7.

If they do win, they will host the Monty Boo-urns XV in Dublin or travel to Coventry to play North Barnet.
It would be the shock of the century if Saracens don't take the boo-boys apart. Glasgow will have their wee moments and probably score a couple of tries but they'll do well to finish within 15 points.

FFS even Ulster have more of a chance than Glasgow and realistically they only have a chance if Leinster fall asleep for at least 30 minutes of the game.