Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2019

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Dave, Neill_M, SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 667874
Total topics 19215
Total members 2947
Our newest member IanBru

Pro 14 2019/20

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby Bart S » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Neill_M wrote:Latest unofficial conferences for 2019/20.

https://twitter.com/simonrug/status/1138818178082062336

Conference A

Glasgow (Scotland 1)
Leinster (Ireland 2)
Ulster (Ireland 3)
Ospreys (Wales 1)
Dragons (Wales 4)
Zebre (Italy 2)
Cheetahs (South Africa 1)

Conference B

Edinburgh (Scotland 2)
Munster (Ireland 1)
Connacht (Ireland 4)
Cardiff Blues (Wales 2)
Scarlets (Wales 3)
Benetton (Italy 1)
Southern Kings (South Africa 2)


I assumed the number after each team was their ranking in the respective country but if that's the case, how could Munster be ahead of Leinster? :scratch:
User avatar
Bart S
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3323
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby Neill_M » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Bart S wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Latest unofficial conferences for 2019/20.

https://twitter.com/simonrug/status/1138818178082062336

Conference A

Glasgow (Scotland 1)
Leinster (Ireland 2)
Ulster (Ireland 3)
Ospreys (Wales 1)
Dragons (Wales 4)
Zebre (Italy 2)
Cheetahs (South Africa 1)

Conference B

Edinburgh (Scotland 2)
Munster (Ireland 1)
Connacht (Ireland 4)
Cardiff Blues (Wales 2)
Scarlets (Wales 3)
Benetton (Italy 1)
Southern Kings (South Africa 2)


I assumed the number after each team was their ranking in the respective country but if that's the case, how could Munster be ahead of Leinster? :scratch:


More points over the 21 games in the regular season.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby UlsterNo9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Combined Table based on last season league points, puts Munster above Bart

Glasgow - 81
Munster - 77
Leinster - 76
Ulster - 63
Connacht - 61
Ospreys - 58
Benetton - 57
Cardiff Blues - 54
Scarlets - 52
Edinburgh - 51
Cheetahs - 46
Dragons - 26
Southern Kings - 22
Zebre - 19
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4015
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby UlsterNo9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/guinness-pro14-conferences-overhauled-next-16077439

This article, albeit older had Ireland 1 and 4 in Conference A with Ireland 2 and 3 in Conference B :scratch:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4015
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby solidarity » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:Combined Table based on last season league points, puts Munster above Bart

Glasgow - 81
Munster - 77
Leinster - 76
Ulster - 63
Connacht - 61
Ospreys - 58
Benetton - 57
Cardiff Blues - 54
Scarlets - 52
Edinburgh - 51
Cheetahs - 46
Dragons - 26
Southern Kings - 22
Zebre - 19


A few obvious observations:

All four Irish sides in the top 5
Only one Welsh side in the top half
Bottom 3 a long way adrift and top 3 a fair bit ahead.
Good to see Benetton making progress; hope it's not a false dawn.
Both Saffers in bottom 4. Any hope of better things to come from them?
Only a dozen points covering places 4 to 10 so looking like many matches are pretty competitive.
User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1538
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby justinr73 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:26 am

Do we know when the fixtures are out?

Given the late start, we should at least get a bit more notice to plan our travel arrangements this year.

Or not....!

A game in South Africa during England’s cricket tour would be good.
User avatar
justinr73
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 am

justinr73 wrote:Do we know when the fixtures are out?

Given the late start, we should at least get a bit more notice to plan our travel arrangements this year.

Or not....!

A game in South Africa during England’s cricket tour would be good.


July 24 last year for the fixtures with the 1st game 1st weekend of September. 3 week delay for 2019/20.

Only likely to have 1 game in South Africa this year if the pattern is followed. Would be v the Cheetahs if the new rumoured conferences are correct.

NH sides tend not to tour in SA during Dec/Jan due it being too hot. Unsure when the cricket tour is, don’t really follow it.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Jason Tovey rejoining Cardiff Blues for 2019/20.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Pro 14 2019/20

Postby Neill_M » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Conferences confirmed for 2019/20 and 2020/21:

Leinster, Glasgow, Ulster, Ospreys, Dragons, Zebre, Cheetahs

Munster, Connacht, Cardiff, Scarlets, Edinburgh, Benetton, Kings

Ulster and Ospreys probably fighting for 3rd. B wide open bar the Kings.
Last edited by Neill_M on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:45 pm

WTF? The three best teams in one group?

Who did Munster shag?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20229
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby UlsterNo9 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:16 pm

What's also interesting is that this is now locked in for the next two seasons, therefore where you finish this season coming will be irrelevant as far as conference split the season after.

When are fixtures released?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4015
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Pro 14 2019/20

Postby Neill_M » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:20 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:What's also interesting is that this is now locked in for the next two seasons, therefore where you finish this season coming will be irrelevant as far as conference split the season after.

When are fixtures released?


No date yet, was July 24 last year but the season starts 3 weeks later in 2019/20
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to Provincial an' aither teams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->