AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by UlsterNo9 »

http://www.intouchrugby.com/magazine/ja ... ugby-club/

Are non AIL teams exempt from this ruling?

Maybe he is living in the Palace barracks down the road and I'm just being cynical.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:http://www.intouchrugby.com/magazine/ja ... ugby-club/

Are non AIL teams exempt from this ruling?

Maybe he is living in the Palace barracks down the road and I'm just being cynical.

No ruling applies to AlL rugby clubs,

Your just being cynical, and I think he last played international rugby over 7 years ago. well done Bangor .if even a PR Stunt :shock: they like to sign high profile Fijians :lol:

His stats don't make inspiring reading, " plays Flat" "no need for tactical kicking" just what Bangor need, I see he did not play in first two home games, so he will probably waltz in when free and get a game, good for team morale, hear I know you have played last x amount of games and never missed training , but Jack played for Fiji 7 years ago >seeya
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

There were two last year, Chris Colvin and Lorcan Dow and three this year as far as i know, with Jack Owens being one and the other two to be confirmed. From what i gather University bursaries are accounted for in the regulation 6 stuff, and the Queen's bursaries pale in comparison with Trinity, UCD and UCC.

ok, well Rainey paid holidays for a young back from the ballymoney area and had an advert for a southern hemisphere player who they would sort accomodation, work etc for. Armagh contacted two of our players and offered them a car from donnellys if they moved across, and Ballynahinch contacted one of our players promising them that they would be able to get the an ulster development contract if they moved across, these are from the players mouths themselves. That'll get discussion started. I'm sure others have similar stories.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

All clubs are bound by the ruling.
In the case of the Fijian he has already played for Bangor and is registered with clearance from the Union he was registered with.
Like the Instonians case he is Working for his employer in N.ireland and his employer brought him to N.Ireland. He is currently living in N. Down. And playing for a local club.
He did not play against Instonians as his employer required him to work on that day.

What is the problem are clubs not entitled to recruit from Local residents.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:There were two last year, Chris Colvin and Lorcan Dow and three this year as far as i know, with Jack Owens being one and the other two to be confirmed. From what i gather University bursaries are accounted for in the regulation 6 stuff, and the Queen's bursaries pale in comparison with Trinity, UCD and UCC.

ok, well Rainey paid holidays for a young back from the ballymoney area and had an advert for a southern hemisphere player who they would sort accomodation, work etc for. Armagh contacted two of our players and offered them a car from donnellys if they moved across, and Ballynahinch contacted one of our players promising them that they would be able to get the an ulster development contract if they moved across, these are from the players mouths themselves. That'll get discussion started. I'm sure others have similar stories.
Ballynahinch contacted one of our players promising them that they would be able to get the an ulster development contract if they moved across, these are from the players mouths themselves.

Hinch have the power to get players contracts ..Whoa, jeez i didn't know Suffs was liked that much :roll:

could have swore i read that Queens offered 7 Bursaries, anyways , since you used the word "Ours" then one assumes your from Queens, maybe then as per the Regulation you should highlight your concerns to irfu

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Aird wrote:All clubs are bound by the ruling.
In the case of the Fijian he has already played for Bangor and is registered with clearance from the Union he was registered with.
Like the Instonians case he is Working for his employer in N.ireland and his employer brought him to N.Ireland. He is currently living in N. Down. And playing for a local club.
He did not play against Instonians as his employer required him to work on that day.

What is the problem are clubs not entitled to recruit from Local residents.
Did his employer require him to work V Ballyclare, DID anyone say local residents soldiers or not cannot play for local clubs. NOPE :roll:
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Kofi Annan wrote:
dublane wrote:There were two last year, Chris Colvin and Lorcan Dow and three this year as far as i know, with Jack Owens being one and the other two to be confirmed. From what i gather University bursaries are accounted for in the regulation 6 stuff, and the Queen's bursaries pale in comparison with Trinity, UCD and UCC.

Ballynahinch contacted one of our players promising them that they would be able to get the an ulster development contract if they moved across, these are from the players mouths themselves.

Hinch have the power to get players contracts ..Whoa, jeez i didn't know Suffs was liked that much :roll:

could have swore i read that Queens offered 7 Bursaries, anyways , since you used the word "Ours" then one assumes your from Queens, maybe then as per the Regulation you should highlight your concerns to irfu

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Haha obviously the contract thing is hot air

Thanks for the advice
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Players talking themselves up, or rather talking up who is supposedly talking to them, to enhance their own stock?

Could it be that said player being 'promised a development contact' was actually advised that if he played, and excelled, in 1A he would stand a much improved chance of making the step up rather than playing 2A, which is essentially Div 3.

Interestingly heard that QUB's scholarship/bursaries have swayed players from joining Malone, Ballymena and Ballynahinch this season.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

BuckRogers wrote:Players talking themselves up, or rather talking up who is supposedly talking to them, to enhance their own stock?

Could it be that said player being 'promised a development contact' was actually advised that if he played, and excelled, in 1A he would stand a much improved chance of making the step up rather than playing 2A, which is essentially Div 3.

Interestingly heard that QUB's scholarship/bursaries have swayed players from joining Malone, Ballymena and Ballynahinch this season.
On the players talking themselves up thing perhaps, and perhaps none of this goes on. In which case no need for the regulations and they will never be breached.

Players will be attracted by the bursaries, but as the grades to get in get tougher and the rugby related time demands on talented young players during their exam years get greater more and more players will fall short not only of queen's but of university in general.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

http://www.irishrugby.ie/club/ulsterban ... /32409.php Shanahan and McComish apparently played well....as he did against Munster's 1st team last season
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.