Ulster Snr League

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bill
Novice

Re: Ulster Snr League

Post by Bill »

Didn't think the UB had to be officially informed by the triumphant Club. It's usually in the SL on Sunday and the ref submits a match report anyway so it's not as if they didn't know. They could have put something on like " Dungannon retain the Stevenson Shield, full report to follow" or is that too much for the munchkins at Ravers. How do the IRFU get their info before posting on their website, common knowledge perhaps.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Kofi Annan wrote:I was reading yesterday's morning Bele Tele over breakfast and Ingram mentioned in his article that it was disgraceful or words to that effect ,that no one from Ravenhill was there to present the trophy to Dungannon. the evening edition had that comment removed! Is it a case now were criticism of the branch in any form is not allowed.
Some BBC Comentators may agree with that statement.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Not really surprised as the Senior Clubs largely seem to treat this competition as a training exercise for the AIL.
The whole Senior Clubs scene really needs to be reviewed ann sensible action taken. it is pointless asking the Senior clubs as it is just like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas.How many Senior Clubs would survive in Qualfying One ?
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Not really surprised as the Senior Clubs largely seem to treat this competition as a training exercise for the AIL.
The whole Senior Clubs scene really needs to be reviewed ann sensible action taken. it is pointless asking the Senior clubs as it is just like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas.How many Senior Clubs would survive in Qualfying One ?
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

Aird wrote:How many Senior Clubs would survive in Qualfying One ?
Ummmm all of them!!!
RedWhiteKnight
Novice

Post by RedWhiteKnight »

midulsterrugby wrote:
Aird wrote:How many Senior Clubs would survive in Qualfying One ?
Ummmm all of them!!!

Haha exactly what I was thinking! Not quite sure what his point was there..
If ya ain't first, you're last!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:cheers:
Dungannon RFC were celebrating their first ever back to back Ulster Senior League titles when they beat Ballynahinch to get the points needed to retain the Stevenson Shield...
Tries from David Egner, Adam Duhig and captain Mark Jenkinson secured a 24-5 win and ensured the team were able to begin the celebrations with one league fixture remaining.
Dungannon Director of Rugby Justin Fitzpatrick commented afterwards: “This is a well deserved reward for the hard work the entire squad have put in over the season. Back-to-back Stevenson Shield wins is also an historic achievement when you consider we have been playing as a Club for 139 years.”
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/branch/clubs/10299.php
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

In my view only the top perhaps 5 teams in the Senior league are in any way competitive, after the first couple of deafeats the rest are just going through the motions to complete the fixtures and keep the Branch of their backs.
The whole basis of the league where they only play onece eithe at home or away is flawed.
Dont even start me on the 2nd Xv League which is an even bigger farce with clubs not wanting to enter and some even wanting to play their seconds in the Junior League and even worse in the past the Competitions Committee allowing them to.
Basicallily I feel that the current set up spreads the talent fa too thinly over far to many clubs.
Even worse still are the false hopes offered by some clubs to players who would probably benefit from proving themselves at qualifying level before progressing further rather than being forgotten players at a senior club.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Queen's are hitting a bit of a form at the right time, with decent USL wins against Armagh and Ballymena this week. The end of the season will be very interesting at the top of 2A too with Malone going well, and COD not a million miles of the pace.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Right , got this subject onto the correct thread, I see the Galacticos of Hinch where beat at home by Armagh anyone see this,or know what happened ? Did Hinch think a weakened side was good enough or did Armagh just ambush them. Any other scores from last night,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Ballymena beat Banbridge 29-21
QUB 29 - 24 Inst
Dungannon 40 - 17 Rainey
Harlequins 27-8 Ards

Then on Saturday COD beat Malone 22-19.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I see Hairyqueen 2nds lost against Ards. :lol: Must have been Ards 2nds first win over another senior club for manys a year
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

ColinM wrote:I see Hairyqueen 2nds lost against Ards. :lol: Must have been Ards 2nds first win over another senior club for manys a year
Sorry is that not the newly named Harlequin Devels :roll: , what sort of person would want to give a 2nd XV a fancy name, sounds very like someone having their ego stroked, Quins appear to have taken a giant leap backwards, cant wait to read the match reports, last week they tried to justify just beating Banbridge by saying a car with two players broke down on the way to Banbridge and had to use 2nd XV players, now its 30 minutes from Belfast to Banbridge and in the world of mobile communication i am sure a car could have been sent or another car would have been travelling from the big smoke . Call me old and cynical but that is a feeble excuse.#whatboneyard
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Hinch had a very weakened pack playing which got bullied at the breakdown by a very up for it Armagh pack! Hinch also had a pretty much brand new backline playing aswell! Armagh dominated the game until the last 10 minutes when Hinch brought on there regulars and scored 2 tries in injury time to nearly steal it! Good win for Armagh but think Hinch had one eye on the ballymena game in Saturday!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UR13IRFU wrote:Hinch had a very weakened pack playing which got bullied at the breakdown by a very up for it Armagh pack! Hinch also had a pretty much brand new backline playing aswell! Armagh dominated the game until the last 10 minutes when Hinch brought on there regulars and scored 2 tries in injury time to nearly steal it! Good win for Armagh but think Hinch had one eye on the ballymena game in Saturday!
Are you saying Hinch put their 2nds out :scratch: how many of their regulars did they bring on in the last 10 mins, did Lawton not play, I hear the Hinch car park is now used for fight club :wink: