Qualifying Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

UR13IRFU
Novice

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Post by UR13IRFU »

"I believe not long ago last season maybe, one Snr club could not put a 2ndxv out when no other team in the club had a game that Saturday, I can't remember who it was but Rupi may be able to help" Dungannon by any chance?!
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

Buck, you comments are 100percent CORRECT!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UR13IRFU wrote:"I believe not long ago last season maybe, one Snr club could not put a 2ndxv out when no other team in the club had a game that Saturday, I can't remember who it was but Rupi may be able to help" Dungannon by any chance?!
Rainey
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I see that the new Conference League set up has got off to a good start at least in the Majority of cases for the Qualifying sides.
Didn't take long for one of AIL sides to fail to turn up at Larne lets hope that this is not going to be a reoccurring feature of this league which has been set up largely to benefit the 2nd XV's.
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Aird wrote:I see that the new Conference League set up has got off to a good start at least in the Majority of cases for the Qualifying sides.
Didn't take long for one of AIL sides to fail to turn up at Larne lets hope that this is not going to be a reoccurring feature of this league which has been set up largely to benefit the 2nd XV's.
I believe that was Malone who failed to show up at Larne. Academy v Queens 2 didn't happen either according to the domestic page on UR.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I see North downs finest have a very tasty player, lucky for them he just turned up out of the Blue. Looked at his CV page (professionally made for players looking for European contracts)what a waste of money if you want to play for the love of the game and note take any inducements.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

As I have said before the attitude of the Branch youth convenor in the past was not conducive to encouraging youth rugby when he insisted that Youth League games could only be played on Saturday mornings and similarly Under 20 Rugby could only be played on Saturdays and that all Cup competitions were only open to Clubs with League Teams. This prevented clubs entering Under 19 Teams made up with that years School leavers. At least one Ulster player who subsequently went on to be capped came into the game this way.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Interesting to to see B Harlequins 2 are the latest 2nd XV to concede a Confrence League game.

If my memory serves me correctly it used to be that if you failed to complete a fixture you were docked points has this changed as this doesn't seem to have happened in this case.
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

As stated, Malone 3s withdrew from their league, Junior 1 before a ball was dropped.These players can now turn out for the
4s and 5s earning points to boost their league standings!!!!
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

Malone3s have departed their league, left, retired or whatever but not coming out to play in the league they entered. All the other teams now have 2 extra free weekends!
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

Drop their 5s and move everyone up the club!
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

drumbo diehard wrote:Drop their 5s and move everyone up the club!
That would have been the normal thing to do, DD.
But the problem lies with the front row (apart from pure numbers of players).
Our thirds were promoted last season into Junior 1. Last season there was no live scrummaging in J1 but that has changed and J1 now has live scrummaging. We do not have enough front row who are either capable of or willing to take on live scrummaging and the front row players in our fourths and fifths were also most unwilling to move up and play J1 rugby with live scrummaging.
As it is, we have enough players in total numbers to run our 1s and 2s squad, although, if we have any more injuries to props and hookers, that may change.
The Branch accepted our undertaking that we would not use thirds players to strengthen our 4s and 5s. So, very reluctantly but unavoidably, our 3rds have gone, hopefully just for one season.
Hope that explains the situation.
Bo***cks to Brexit
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Is David McIlwaine back with Ballynahinch?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Yeah just when he's home from Leeds Uni