Qualifying Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Post by pwrmoore »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote: i believe that clogher lost their no 8 to a leg break or nasty injury of some sort, and that he was a real driving force in their team. it would be a shame if this was to put the skids on their season.
Clogher Valley number 8 suffered a nasty compound fracture to the leg during a match v CIYMS at Belmont a few weeks ago. CV were behind the whole game but scored a try in the last move of the game which tied the scores (16 apiece I think) and then converted from the touchline to win.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

that was a good game. CI had the chance to go 8 points clear with 3mins to go but missed the penalty. was great determination to get the try. poor kicker got dogs abuse as he lined up the conversion.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

YoungMan wrote: CV won 16_18 and their Kiwi hooker broke his leg( just to be factual) :wink:
Sorry - YM knew it was a Kiwi and assumed that as the oracle that is the welder said he was their number8 that he was correct. I stand corrected. :salut:
Paul.

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Not too familiar with the details and had only heard this by word of mouth.
Got it wrong.
cheese wrote:poor kicker got dogs abuse as he lined up the conversion.
doesn't sound like CI :scratch:
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Not too familiar with the details and had only heard this by word of mouth.
Got it wrong.
cheese wrote:poor kicker got dogs abuse as he lined up the conversion.
doesn't sound like CI :scratch:
Doesn't indeed. Nor does it align with my recollection of what happened during the final conversion. The boys were extremely disappointed but I don't remember anything unsportsmanlike about it.
Paul.

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

should i rephrase to CI support?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:should i rephrase to CI support?
No need - neither supporters nor players were ill-behaved during the kick. There were a few loud voices during the game though.
Paul.

fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by YoungMan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:39 am

How are Bangor doing this year?
Not great. Lost 12-5 at home to Larne on Sat :D
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Any results from yesterday :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Results all on Branch website for QL1, Dee v CIYMS due to Funeral at CIYMS.

Other league sections not constrained by the demands of the Round Robin Play offs so will delay their start.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

INSTONIANS: any word on what's going on , two defeats in two weeks, has their foreign legion left ? And why ?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Kofi Annan wrote:INSTONIANS: any word on what's going on , two defeats in two weeks, has their foreign legion left ? And why ?
There have been a couple of key players who have left on gap years or some such but that was a while ago, in fact they had their best game of the season the week before. It seems to be more a case that they went into that cup match with a bad mindset and that has carried through to that last match, I expect them to pick themselves up and finish the job!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

therealspratt wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:INSTONIANS: any word on what's going on , two defeats in two weeks, has their foreign legion left ? And why ?
There have been a couple of key players who have left on gap years or some such but that was a while ago, in fact they had their best game of the season the week before. It seems to be more a case that they went into that cup match with a bad mindset and that has carried through to that last match, I expect them to pick themselves up and finish the job!
What the Saffers and Italian are away on gap years :duck:
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

The italian played against Queen's so he is still here, came on after about 20 mins but was fairly anonymous.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

dublane wrote:The italian played against Queen's so he is still here, came on after about 20 mins but was fairly anonymous.
He must be stuck in reverse
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best