Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 10 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 643469
Total topics 18976
Total members 2907
Our newest member TCLad

Qualifying Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby Gerald the Mole » Tue May 03, 2016 11:14 pm

I wonder if another backpacking 9 will turn up in the Gold Coast, just by chance :roll:
User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Steward
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby drumbo diehard » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:40 am

Instonians sign coach Rodger Wilson and player coach Lewis Stevenson , thereby doubling their pack weight
User avatar
drumbo diehard
Novice
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby Rooster » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:28 am

Gerald the Mole wrote:I wonder if another backpacking 9 will turn up in the Gold Coast, just by chance :roll:

One backpacked all the way up from Dublin to the academy?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39448
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby dublane » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Stevenson will be ridiculous at that level!
User avatar
dublane
Novice
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby therealspratt » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:37 pm

dublane wrote:Stevenson will be ridiculous at that level!

He puts his all into it and he should practically be unstoppable, knew about Roger but Stevenson has come as a massive surprise. The one thing I was thinking about is how much heavier he should be compared to your average qualifying second row, will the lads be able to lift him quickly? Though given how much Instonians use their backrowers in the lineout he could just be used as a lifter I suppose.
User avatar
therealspratt
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby LegsLikeSausages » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:29 pm

therealspratt wrote:
dublane wrote:Stevenson will be ridiculous at that level!

He puts his all into it and he should practically be unstoppable, knew about Roger but Stevenson has come as a massive surprise. The one thing I was thinking about is how much heavier he should be compared to your average qualifying second row, will the lads be able to lift him quickly? Though given how much Instonians use their backrowers in the lineout he could just be used as a lifter I suppose.

The Stevenson thing was kept quite secret as I think he had other offers on the table. My understanding is that his academic commitments meant that he wanted to be in Belfast and did not want to have long away trips down south with an AIL club.
User avatar
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby dublane » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Hopefully this will be the push needed to get instonians up into ail, the club seems to be much healthier these day than when they were previously there
User avatar
dublane
Novice
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby dublane » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Any truth in james mckinney and paddy wallace both turning out for CIYMS this year?
User avatar
dublane
Novice
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby RuPi » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Had heard McKinney was going there as player coach.
User avatar
RuPi
Novice
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby Gerald the Mole » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Donaghadee, Whats happening there, Towns Cup finalists a few years ago, now freefall,
Coleraine : Emptied the piggybank and favourites to go up
CIYMS: what can you say , will be the bridesmaid but not the bride, geat backline, old fatboys in the pack
Larne: Dark horses, and playing nice rugby
Limavady: growing into a strong contender
Academy: need to do better, oh and grow up
UUC: between them and Dee fighting for bottom place and second bottom will still go down
Grosvenor: will always take a big scalp but will finish 4/5, no team relish a match at their "home"
Randalstown: undecided
Lisburn: will just stay up 8th place
________________________________________________________________________________
Ballyclare: Boot boys will punish a fe teams at home
Portadown: My favourites
Instonians: The Arrogance will be their downfall, 2nd place
Omagh: very impressive and years of hard work paying off, they will surprise some, only team to upset the apple cart. Towns Cup beckons
Ards annd CV: fighting for last
Dromore: mid table maybe 4th
Carrick, last years hard work will be ruined ,
Enniskillen: will alway push for a top two place, guess they will finish 3rd, tdue to missing BPs
Cooke: who cares.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

PSNI: to steal it, again not crossing the Border is an unfair advantage , shame on them
Ballymoney:
Lurgan: Playing buckfast rugby, old and beautiful
Strabane: will be hard to beat at home.
Virginia: bit life a wolf, huff and puff, but their ambitions outweigh reality
The Rest: anyone's guess but Letterkenny will struggle

_______________________________________________________________________________________
User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Steward
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby Neill_M » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:13 pm

Lisburn already sick of the sight of CI, hosted them in the league and the junior cup - beat 0-74 and 12-41 in the process. Larne have had a good start, had a big win over Lisburn on Sat.

Does seem a bit harsh for the other teams in Q2 to have to face someone of McKinney's standard. Stevenson playing in Q1 seemed bad enough, until he got his contract down in Galway.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4514
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby dublane » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:50 pm

The dee are awful. Coleraine could put out 2 sides that would beat them. Larne will beat a lot of teams. Ci will fancy themselves for promotion
User avatar
dublane
Novice
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby Gerald the Mole » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Why would teams see playing against McKinney as harsh, is it because of his bone crunching tackles. I hear the guy is enjoying his rugby, harsh!
User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Steward
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby Gerald the Mole » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Franco Maggiolo,maybe he is playing for free and his granny paid for the flight

IMG_1718.PNG
IMG_1718.PNG (239.03 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Steward
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Qualifying Rugby

Postby dublane » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Gerald the Mole wrote:Donaghadee, Whats happening there, Towns Cup finalists a few years ago, now freefall,
Coleraine : Emptied the piggybank and favourites to go up
CIYMS: what can you say , will be the bridesmaid but not the bride, geat backline, old fatboys in the pack
Larne: Dark horses, and playing nice rugby
Limavady: growing into a strong contender
Academy: need to do better, oh and grow up
UUC: between them and Dee fighting for bottom place and second bottom will still go down
Grosvenor: will always take a big scalp but will finish 4/5, no team relish a match at their "home"
Randalstown: undecided
Lisburn: will just stay up 8th place
________________________________________________________________________________
Ballyclare: Boot boys will punish a fe teams at home
Portadown: My favourites
Instonians: The Arrogance will be their downfall, 2nd place
Omagh: very impressive and years of hard work paying off, they will surprise some, only team to upset the apple cart. Towns Cup beckons
Ards annd CV: fighting for last
Dromore: mid table maybe 4th
Carrick, last years hard work will be ruined ,
Enniskillen: will alway push for a top two place, guess they will finish 3rd, tdue to missing BPs
Cooke: who cares.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

PSNI: to steal it, again not crossing the Border is an unfair advantage , shame on them
Ballymoney:
Lurgan: Playing buckfast rugby, old and beautiful
Strabane: will be hard to beat at home.
Virginia: bit life a wolf, huff and puff, but their ambitions outweigh reality
The Rest: anyone's guess but Letterkenny will struggle

_______________________________________________________________________________________



How are these prediction's shaking out? time for a mid season review and update Gerald?
User avatar
dublane
Novice
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Provincial an' aither teams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->