HEC Cup Final

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: HEC Cup Final

Post by Snipe Watson »

Sarriesfan wrote:Don't understand why so many fans have it in for us and I thought given our Ulster connection we could have got some support yet I come on here and read nothing but bile against our club and it's supporters. I watched the game from home and thought we made a good start but they got away with murder being over the top, going offside and thuggish attacks on our players. Money bought them the cup anyway looking forward to next year and seeing the new competition move us forward with Rabo teams having to qualify for once.
The leading role played by Nigel Wray in the destruction of the world's finest club rugby competition for starters.
Small McCall is universally liked, but his current employment situation is a disappointment.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Sarriesfan wrote:Don't understand why so many fans have it in for us and I thought given our Ulster connection we could have got some support yet I come on here and read nothing but bile against our club and it's supporters. I watched the game from home and thought we made a good start but they got away with murder being over the top, going offside and thuggish attacks on our players. Money bought them the cup anyway looking forward to next year and seeing the new competition move us forward with Rabo teams having to qualify for once.
Your good start lasted about a minute. For the other 79 you were schooled.

Sarries just don't like it up them.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Biggest game of your clubs history

200 miles away

Watched from home

Anscombe Out
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Yawn - go on to pretty much any rugby forum and you will see bile against your club - it's not just restricted to Ulster you know. Just because Mark McCall works for the club doesn't mean that we are going to support it, why would we??

Be interesting to see how your club 'moves forward' in next years competition right enough, particulary since they literally scraped out of a group that contained Connacht and Zebre this year :roll: how's that going to make things easier for you now (unless of course the competition is rigged to benefit the English, oh wait....).

'Thuggish attacks on your players', jesus can you hear yourself?

You were beaten by the better team on the day, suck it up.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

It's all a cult you see

Anscombe Out
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Sarriesfan wrote:Don't understand why so many ...
:)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

We like Eric though.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:We like Eric though.
Eric was always sorrie

Anscombe Out
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Your post here is enough to explain some of it. Be more in your line to accept that the better team won.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Tossers
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Keyboard Warrior
Novice

Post by Keyboard Warrior »

Yoda wrote:Having said that, we had a fantastic weekend, best yet of the 4 Heiny finals I've been too. Absolutely great craic - I think I saw most premiership and rabo clubs represented (although don't remember seeing a weegie) - all we met were superb and in particular the Saints and Bath fans on Friday night as well as a very outnumbered tigger.
We had a few Glasgow fans in Kitty Flynn's pre match. Which owing to the presence of several groups of the best French fans, including one brilliant guy with a flute-like instrument, turned into probably the finest pub I've been to before a sporting event. Hats off to the chaps from Larne who helped drive it up that final notch.
:fleg: :fleg: :stout: :stout: >drinks >drinks >fiddle >dance :fleg: :fleg:

I have to agree with the previous posters about the atmosphere inside the stadium, even turgid games in half empty stadiums achieve a few minutes that lift the crowd, I honestly can't think of one during the match.
"Sadly, rugby is now heading the way of soccer, fueled by pitiful websites and the anonymous vitriol of cowards." Tony Ward once again refocusing away from the real problems in Irish Rugby.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:
Biggest game of your clubs history

200 miles away

Watched from home

Anscombe Out
Clive the Sarriesfan. :lol:

If you look on the Sarries Watch thread you will see I posted something similar. It is indeed remarkable that your club managed to alienate and rub people up the wrong way to the extent that almost to a man, woman and child, despite our fondness for Mark McCall, that we all cheered on Toulon.

Wray and Griffiths have a lot to answer for in making your club almost universally loathed. Genuinely, it's not just here, your club isn't liked anywhere. Remarkable achievement.
Nothing against Sarries fans per se but Wray, Griffiths and their ilk (Bruce Craig, McCafferty etc) are a stain on the rugby landscape. I despise everything Sarries, as they are currently run, stand for. The irony was also not lost on me on Saturday when a club with actual financial muscle, eviscerated a club who like to think they are big timers. Also a casual two fingers to tossers such as Ashton, Billy V and Owen Fazz.

I was in Cardiff at the weekend and I could have swore blind there were more Toulonais than Sorries fans which amused me slightly. Of course they were probably saving their money for the best club competition the AP....

As an aside I hope Northampton wipe the floor with ye next weekend.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1401261231548.jpg[/attachment]

Sarries fans thinking it was the best atmosphere ever

Totally clueless

Anscombe Out
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1401261231548.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1401261231548.jpg (78.38 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1401261231548.jpg[/attachment]

Totally clueless

Anscombe Out
Depends what your point of reference is I suppose.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1401261231548.jpg[/attachment]

Totally clueless

Anscombe Out
Depends what your point of reference is I suppose.
True

Allianz empty music tannoy park

Wembley with 87000 free tickets

Twickers the morgue

Incidentally I am off to Twickers on Sunday for the worst marketed England game in history

Anscombe Out