IRISH EXILES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

IRISH EXILES

Post by Kofi Annan »

For the rugby supporter/fan who have never heard of the above and thought the Exiles were the plastic paddies AKA Landon Orish:
The Exiles have been busy making in-roads to the new season over the past three weekends, at both Under-18 and Under-19 levels.
The Exiles Under-18s played the first of their interprovincial matches with a fiercely competitive game at home to Connacht at Stockport RFC on Sunday, August 26.
Ten minutes in, the Exiles counter attacked from a loose kick to set up a penalty chance which was converted by out-half Harry O'Reilly to give them a 3-0 lead.

Connacht pressurised for the next period, but in their frantic efforts to get on the scoreboard they forced a pass that was gratefully intercepted by the Exiles to allow winger Matt Killeen to score a well-taken converted try.

To their credit Connacht stuck with their game-plan and were rewarded with a forwards drive and a seven-pointer which got them off the mark for half-time - 10-7.

From the restart, Exiles back rowers Lorcan Dow and Charlie Greene drove deep into Connacht's 22 and cleverly used their greater numbers to put Killeen in for a second score in the corner. The difficult conversion was slotted.

Connacht's response was swift and they produced a try which brought them back to within striking distance on a 17-12 scoreline.

Almost immediately the Exiles responded with a deep drive into Connacht territory where the Exiles scrum half Jack Cullen gratefully accepted a scrum turnover to intelligently unleash his backs to score a beautiful try and push the score to 22-12.

With time running out Connacht's efforts were eventually rewarded when a series of recycles allowed centre Sean O'Hagan, an Exile who has been at Connacht on a summer programme, to stretch out and bring Connacht to within a score on 22-17.

Connacht continued to look for the winning score, but the Exiles' defence held firm to give then the spoils in a match of high standard.

Next up, the Exiles Under-18s played Munster aat Thomond Park on Saturday, September 1. This match produced a game of a very high standard that was in keeping with the great venue.

On a glorious sunny day the spectators were treated to a super game of rugby where both sides displayed superb skills and played with great intensity for the full 70 minutes. The game produced eight thrilling tries - five of these for the Exiles, from Joe Carolan, Alex Corry, Josh Lyons and Jack Lowbridge.

The Exiles started as they had left off the previous week against Connacht and moved the ball at every opportunity.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: IRISH EXILES

Post by Kofi Annan »

For Pythagoras:
Lorcan Dow.jpg
Lorcan Dow.jpg (71.43 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

update...Lorcan played for the ravens on friday night, represented the ulster 20s and is currently playing in the ail for Queen's who are having a decent season.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

dublane wrote:update...Lorcan played for the ravens on friday night, represented the ulster 20s and is currently playing in the ail for Queen's who are having a decent season.
Three matches in wan weekend? Thon's some lad. Tell me, Queens playing at 9.30 on a Sunday night ............... you sure?

sorry , I'll get me coat
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Anyone know how the exiles games went at Newforge over the weekend??
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Real exiles or fake?

Easterby Out
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:Anyone know how the exiles games went at Newforge over the weekend??
They got a slight kicking I heard Ulster U20 76 Exiles 0 :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ormondlad
Novice

Post by ormondlad »

Exiles are always much weaker at under 20 level than they are at 18s or 19s. Though all the provinces have improved as most beat Exiles at u18 youths level this season when several seasons ago exiles would go unbeaten on their tour of Ireland.