London Irish becomes Irish

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: London Irish becomes Irish

Post by Kofi Annan »

tigerburnie wrote:The "not nots" have got themselves some backers who must think there's value in the Premiership going forwards, can't see anything wrong with that. Their history, as with the other exiles sides around the uk, was for people away from home to have a game of rugby with folk from their own background Yep that's why those people play for IRISH EXILES NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH LONDON IRISH(I think London,Coventry and Birmingham all have "Welsh" exiles clubs).
I think it's the "Wild Geese" who are the "not nots" amateur side in Nat2 South I think.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

tigerburnie wrote: I think it's the "Wild Geese" who are the "not nots" amateur side in Nat2 South I think.
The Wild Geese is the name they call the London Irish amateur 1st XV. The teams run by the club all have names rather than 1st XV, 2nd XV and so on.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Kofi Annan wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:The "not nots" have got themselves some backers who must think there's value in the Premiership going forwards, can't see anything wrong with that. Their history, as with the other exiles sides around the uk, was for people away from home to have a game of rugby with folk from their own background Yep that's why those people play for IRISH EXILES NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH LONDON IRISH(I think London,Coventry and Birmingham all have "Welsh" exiles clubs).
I think it's the "Wild Geese" who are the "not nots" amateur side in Nat2 South I think.
This may be confusing to some. Indeed i was unaware of it until you told me.
I should have known better, the split, there's always a split.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

None of this matters a jot, whilst Spide Smith is there they will always be a hateful shower of Warren Gatland, London Spiderish. >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tomas O'Spide of LI was red carded today for stamping on James Haskell. OK he will be banned but really, first class Tomas, Haskell is a total ganch. Well done son.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

London Irish sign Eoin Griffin from Connacht, they are trying to green up the club for sure. Not going to get front line Irish players, but good prospects like Griffin are good for them. Not very good for Connacht !
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Not sure it's terrible for Connacht, to be honest and a good move for Griffin. Griffin and Henshaw competing for one shirt, Henshaw already the better option and three years younger... If I was on a Connacht budget, I know which one I'd break my back trying to keep.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tomas O'Spide banned for 3 weeks for stamping on Haskell, clearly the Hangin' Judge wasn't hangin' today, plus of course Tomas has a hangdog expression at the best of times so must have looked suitably contrite.

Anyway, 3 weeks for stamp - Claw got 6 months a few decades back :lol: :lol: :lol: . Bargain, well done Tomas my son >appl >appl >appl Haskell deserved every stud of it.