Heineken Semi finals

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Heineken Semi finals

Post by Russ »

davejohnston wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/a ... nham-final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have asked EPCR for an allocation
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:

.............of one?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

.............of one?
I asked for 200 free
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

.............of one?
I asked for 200 free
Did you run out of bog roll?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

.............of one?
I asked for 200 free
Did you run out of bog roll?
I want a section to myself
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Should be easy enough, daresay you could have the entire upper tier.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

.............of one?
I asked for 200 free
You are setting your sights too low Russ. I'd ask for free tickets, free transport to and from the ground and free drink with waitress service by attractive Eastern European girls.

It's what the fans want.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

I'd be very interested to see what the accounts look like at the end of the first year. TV deals will carry them so far, but surely empty stadiums and a lack of sponsors must make the TV companies question the value. Considering sky are now looking an extra £4 a month for sports I imagine there will be a few less subscribers next year

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

davejohnston wrote:I'd be very interested to see what the accounts look like at the end of the first year. TV deals will carry them so far, but surely empty stadiums and a lack of sponsors must make the TV companies question the value. Considering sky are now looking an extra £4 a month for sports I imagine there will be a few less subscribers next year
Have to say I'm a SKY loyalist, have been since God knows when. I grudgingly pay out a slice of my meagre monthly stipend and will do for so long as they have the Pro12, some SDC & some Ireland games. I also watch a fair bit of Super XV & Top14.

Add in a fair bit of golf, the occasional game of wendyball watched with a mate, some cricket and I get reasonable value from it. Its all the crap I don't use that irritates me in the whopping monthly charge.

Mind you, I've cancelled BT Sport which I got free for 6 months, I wouldn't give the steam off my pish to that shower & their numpty "experts" & double glazing front man.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

davejohnston wrote:I'd be very interested to see what the accounts look like at the end of the first year. TV deals will carry them so far, but surely empty stadiums and a lack of sponsors must make the TV companies question the value. Considering sky are now looking an extra £4 a month for sports I imagine there will be a few less subscribers next year
... that's if you can actually see the accounts. ERC accounts were filed in Companies House Ireland so you could download them for a charge of a few Euros. EPCR is now registered in Switzerland and I don't know how accessible the accounts will be. It may even depend what canton the company is registered in.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Sky has just announced a big rise in new customers for the last quarter, so they don't seem to be suffering from BT competition so far.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

mikerob wrote:
Sky has just announced a big rise in new customers for the last quarter, so they don't seem to be suffering from BT competition so far.
To call BT "competition" is stretching it a fair bit. :lol:

SKY are probably picking up more customers BECAUSE of BT. :roll:

I have had BT Sports free since it came out - I think I've watched it twice .... which was enough to put me off watching it again.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I wouldn`t say I enjoyed that semi as a spectacle but I loved the way Leinster set about Toulon and made them look ordinary.
They are not the super humans they have been made out to be and we showed them way too much respect when we played them.
As usual it all starts up front and playing as a complete collective in closing and stifling a side of star individuals, most of whom are past their best.

I look at Leinsters side and there is no doubt in my mind they would have won that with Sexton as Madigan just can`t offer his control or composure, nor Gopperth his class.
He will make all the difference in those sorts of games next season.
As it was they were drop goal away from winning that.

None of us should fear these sides next season home or away as most of Toulons opponents have been beaten by looking at the team sheet before a ball has been kicked.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I think we played better against Toulon to be honest

Incidentally EPCR have stopped responding to my messages
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote: I look at Leinsters side and there is no doubt in my mind they would have won that with Sexton as Madigan just can`t offer his control or composure, nor Gopperth his class.
He will make all the difference in those sorts of games next season.
As it was they were drop goal away from winning that.
Absolutely. :thumleft: