Heineken Semi finals

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Brian Dunn 382
Novice

Re: Heineken Semi finals

Post by Brian Dunn 382 »

Dublin4 wrote:Nobody in Dublin gave the team a chance so I for one would be proud of the effort. We refused to play any rugby and kept them under control for a long long time. Leinster were excellent in scrum and line out.

To be honest I don't think Leinster will give a toss about Friday.
I imagine they will play the seconds against you. Season is over. Time to put the internationals into cotton wool.

Big question: did MOC do enough today to stave off summary execution? I would argue he did but the fan base who are needed to buy season tickets will be very fickle and want a head.

Best of luck to Ulster in the playoffs.
Well played Leinster. Very few teams could have done that. As a dyed in the wool Ulster supporter who is itching for a win on Friday, I hope the Kingspan/Ravenhill crowd show their appreciation before the match. >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Brian Dunn 382 wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:Nobody in Dublin gave the team a chance so I for one would be proud of the effort. We refused to play any rugby and kept them under control for a long long time. Leinster were excellent in scrum and line out.

To be honest I don't think Leinster will give a toss about Friday.
I imagine they will play the seconds against you. Season is over. Time to put the internationals into cotton wool.

Big question: did MOC do enough today to stave off summary execution? I would argue he did but the fan base who are needed to buy season tickets will be very fickle and want a head.

Best of luck to Ulster in the playoffs.
Well played Leinster. Very few teams could have done that. As a dyed in the wool Ulster supporter who is itching for a win on Friday, I hope the Kingspan/Ravenhill crowd show their appreciation before the match. >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping

Wish I had posted that. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Thanks for the sympathy guys but I reckon you will be applauding a different Leinster team on Friday to the one which competed today.
It was important for the Pro 12 that the only representative gave a good account of themselves and that we did.

It is getting hard to see how anybody in the Pro 12 will ever be able to compete with the French super clubs.
The budget disparity is awesome.
Now come on Clermont! They have fans who utterly deserve a European title.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Thanks for the sympathy guys but I reckon you will be applauding a different Leinster team on Friday to the one which competed today.
It was important for the Pro 12 that the only representative gave a good account of themselves and that we did.

It is getting hard to see how anybody in the Pro 12 will ever be able to compete with the French super clubs.
They do indeed D4, biggest numbers & best French fans ever to appear at Ravenhill. Will be cheering them on. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Thanks for the sympathy guys but I reckon you will be applauding a different Leinster team on Friday to the one which competed today.

You would have had them in Dublin or a neutral venue on today's performance. Toulon were poor
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Dublin4 wrote:Now come on Clermont! They have fans who utterly deserve a European title.
Absolutely, they were amazing when they came here and it would be nice to see someone else win it for a change.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hoping now to pick up some free tickets as the stands will be empty
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Feck off TB my feelings about Sarries are none of your business. .
Well do us all a favour and stop posting them on a public forum then!

For someone who cannot find a single feck to give about the team, you like to drone on about your dislike of them enough. Or is it that you just like the 'sound of your own voice' being a Ashton?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Toulon and Clermont didn't fill the Aviva in 2013, what chance Twickers
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:Toulon and Clermont didn't fill the Aviva in 2013, what chance Twickers
They'll be lucky to fill the bottom tier
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Superb effort from Leinster, can hold their heads high after that performance. If only Gopperth had landed that drop goal...
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

As long as they send 250 fans each. That would be pretty good.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:As long as they send 250 fans each. That would be pretty good.
So long as they set off in good time and don't miss kick off and threaten to sue their club

-£40m for a reason
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

Well played Leinster, they almost did it! What a pity.

Now for Clermont to get their HC win!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: Feck off TB my feelings about Sarries are none of your business. .
Well do us all a favour and stop posting them on a public forum then!

For someone who cannot find a single feck to give about the team, you like to drone on about your dislike of them enough. Or is it that you just like the 'sound of your own voice' being a Ashton?
At least you managed to get it out in English this time >appl >appl >appl

When were you appointed King of the Forum, I must have missed that?