2014/15 Tigers watch

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: 2014/15 Tigers watch

Post by big mervyn »

tigerburnie wrote:The Youngs brothers are from Norfolk
Are 6 fingers an advantage in pro rugby?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

big mervyn wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:The Youngs brothers are from Norfolk
Are 6 fingers an advantage in pro rugby?
Merv you're a bad lad(knowledgeable, but on the naughty step)........................did you see that family in Brazil on the beebs web page the other day, they really have got 6 fingers(as opposed to the Norkolk inhabitants who have webbed fingers and toes). >EW
Tigersman
Novice

Post by Tigersman »

tigerburnie wrote: Ah entertaining post Baggy, Mr De Chaves is actually Sebastian, and no it's not a relation of squeeky Joes(or I don't think he is), he's a young Italian lad who has been in our accademy for a while, think he's played yoof level for Italy, but if he's any good no doubt the England camp will claim him on residency rules..........................
Isn't De Cheves South African? Was a SA U20.

He is eligible to play for South Africa, Portugal and England. through Parents (the latter 2) and birth.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tigersman wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: Ah entertaining post Baggy, Mr De Chaves is actually Sebastian, and no it's not a relation of squeeky Joes(or I don't think he is), he's a young Italian lad who has been in our accademy for a while, think he's played yoof level for Italy, but if he's any good no doubt the England camp will claim him on residency rules..........................
Isn't De Cheves South African? Was a SA U20.

He is eligible to play for South Africa, Portugal and England. through Parents (the latter 2) and birth.
Any super duper cup ballix?

Easterby Out
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Ed Slater may be local, but came into the game late on and certainly didn't go through the academy system.
He is a friend of my eldest son, they played in the same team at Uni.
After Uni, I think he then went on to play at Nottingham and Leicester picked him up from there.
The Youngs brothers were both at the North Walsham club, probably the best club in Norfolk.
I'm sure I can remember Ben playing against Bury St Edmunds in the early youth grade years.
There is this thing with rugby around here, Norfolk club players feed into the Leicester set up and Suffolk players into the Northampton set up.

Merv, it's not the extra fingers that you find in Norfolk, it's toes!
It's all to do with the Fens >EW
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Samstew wrote:Ed Slater may be local, but came into the game late on and certainly didn't go through the academy system.
Sam, I said that in my post on page one mate.

I also note we are in the 7's tournament as a pre season warm up.
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Rugby ... story.html

Kicks off in a week or so in Cardiff with the Welsh contingent of the Premiership.................................. >EW
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

tigerburnie wrote:
Samstew wrote:Ed Slater may be local, but came into the game late on and certainly didn't go through the academy system.
Sam, I said that in my post on page one mate.

I also note we are in the 7's tournament as a pre season warm up.
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Rugby ... story.html

Kicks off in a week or so in Cardiff with the Welsh contingent of the Premiership.................................. >EW
Yes you did and you also mentioned that the Youngs boys were from Norfolk, sorry, I wasn't implying that you hadn't.
A very good friend of mine from school, has a son who is playing at Leicester, surname of Armes, I'm sorry I can't remember his first name.
As I recall, he played his rugby at Wymondham RFC during his youth years, pronounced Windham >EW
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Tom Croft played 80 minutes skippering a youthful side(plus Bai!) against Nottingham at the weekend. Nottingham won what was I am told an entertaining match. Doubt too many of this squad will figure in next weeks trip to the Greenyards, where Tigers take on Edinburgh,I will be in attendance to cast an eye over the squad and give my (erm) expert opinion.
http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/20452.php
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

uploadfromtaptalk1408273305505.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1408273305505.jpg (78.52 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Easterby Out
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Actually quite pleasing to see these friendlies taking place at smaller venues giving the local yokels a chance to ee some decent players close up.

Doesn't happen here of course, too many want to see Ulster, I understand that there are fewer than several hundred tickets available on ticketbastard for our game against Exeter, indicative of a crowd in excess of 16500, if correct.

Whilst my seat won't see my Crozier for the game due to my current exile , it will be allocated to a deserving young man who was an Ulster mascot last season & had the pleasure of running out with the team hand in hand with the legend that is Johann Muller.

Always assuming that Ticketbastard put the option in place sometime this week to transfer it,as I was advised will happen. :roll:

Hope you enjoy it Scotty.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
20140816_172643.jpg
Easterby Out
I assume he can't spell "Ulsterish", he means sounds like "biys". :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

So, soon to be 40 year old Brad Thorn signs for the Tigers.

I imagine we'll see him next month then if he's able for it :stir:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Is there a minimum number of players/ proportion of 1st-team squad that English clubs need to have, who are English-eligible?
It's the hope that kills you.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Is there a minimum number of players/ proportion of 1st-team squad that English clubs need to have, who are English-eligible?
No
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No guys, the thing is, RFFU the watery toothless arm of English rugby long since bought into the fact that PRL would build the greatest league world rugby has ever seen.

"But wait" I hear you call, they haven't enough players to make a decent league with 12 teams, but that is the second part of the masterplan, "we'll bring in players from all over the world, three years later, they can play for England - even if they are called Vunipola".

And lo it came to pass that the RFFU thought, "thon's a plan" and they ceded all power to the lunatics running the PRL asylum and they begat Vuniolas, Hapes, Pauls, several dozen Tuilagis and sundry other guys, Catts, Bothas, Barritts, Jouberts and yeah it came to pass that they were all Englishmen, good & true.

Ah verily the RFFU had had their tummy tickled & were vastly pleased, to the extent that they never again disagreed with the tuppenyfuckwits in charge of PRL clubs - barring Leicester, Exeter and perhaps Saints though their CEO is as mad as a box of frogs.