2014/15 Tigers watch

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2014/15 Tigers watch

Post by Wee Woman »

Jackie Brown wrote:Have the Irish clubs been subjected to BT coverage on purpose? It feels that way.
That's a good point Jackie, I wonder how many Irish games have been on Sky so far.

Bar the Munster game that's on right now, I can't immediately think of any others.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Munster game on now is on BT. Last week it was on Sky. But that was 1 from 6 in rounds 3 and 4.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Sorry it is on Sky, 2 from 6.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BT know which teams bring in the viewers.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Well they don't need to show any Leinster games, they seem to be the only team Sky covers in the Pro12
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Wee Woman wrote:Well they don't need to show any Leinster games, they seem to be the only team Sky covers in the Pro12 Image
That may change next season as Leinstertainment is well and truely dead.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Well they don't need to show any Leinster games, they seem to be the only team Sky covers in the Pro12 Image
Like Molly Malone "Leinstertainment" is wheeling her wheelbarrow. Far from the team they once were. All three main provinces are very much in transition. At least Munster still have "passshun"!
Munster have been in transition since 2008
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Like Molly Malone "Leinstertainment" is wheeling her wheelbarrow. Far from the team they once were. All three main provinces are very much in transition. At least Munster still have "passshun"!
Munster have been in transition since 2008
Except now they don't have Cheika or Schmidt to paper over the cracks. We are all in transition btw.
We're just tom kite
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Once a Knight wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: Secondly I express my opinion, sometimes backed up with the facts available, but that makes me no more of a wum than any other on here, from this side of the Isle of Man, I cannot see any changes in this competition on the field of play. I am told the cash distribution has changed, but the competition and the same teams in it, looks just fine and dandy to me.
Exactly my issue. You expressed no "opinion" - when asked for your views you responded by posting the latest piece of PRL propaganda.

As for your comment about the Isle of Man, you'd be better watching for challenges in the direction on the Channel Isles. But then, maybe that doesn't fit with your prejudices.

As for "fine and dandy" I can only point you in the direction of the nearest mental health practitioner. :thumleft:

It quite simply "sucks" compared to the "not fit for purpose ERC competition" which incidentally was the best Rugby competition in the world. But I guess if you can't win it destroy it is the English way. Thing is, all you had to do was wait. Cycles are cyclical. All Irish provinces are now in transition and focussed on RWC.
Wee Woman wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Have the Irish clubs been subjected to BT coverage on purpose? It feels that way.
That's a good point Jackie, I wonder how many Irish games have been on Sky so far.

Bar the Munster game that's on right now, I can't immediately think of any others.
I have mentioned this before and no one seemed to notice, bet you could count the number of AP supporters on the thumb of one hand who watched that match today
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

OaK you need to understand that the old ERC has gone, no amount of bitterness is going to bring it back, watching the games so far( on BT as I won't pay that Australian media pirate any more of my hard earned)I have enjoyed all the games, each having their own merits and whether we win or lose in the next rounds I have enjoyed my team being in this fine competition. Now the clubs/franchises have to qualify(Glasgow are good enough not to need an auto place) there's only one easy pool for the Sinners this year. Better all round from this position, sure the money makes a difference, but to win something, you usually have to beat the best.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:OaK you need to understand that the old ERC has gone, no amount of bitterness is going to bring it back, watching the games so far( on BT as I won't pay that Australian media pirate any more of my hard earned)I have enjoyed all the games, each having their own merits and whether we win or lose in the next rounds I have enjoyed my team being in this fine competition. Now the clubs/franchises have to qualify(Glasgow are good enough not to need an auto place) there's only one easy pool for the Sinners this year. Better all round from this position, sure the money makes a difference, but to win something, you usually have to beat the best.
Every game in the past 2 weeks has been boring tom kite

Nobody outside of the english, toulon and Clermont are giving a feck
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:OaK you need to understand that the old ERC has gone, no amount of bitterness is going to bring it back, watching the games so far( on BT as I won't pay that Australian media pirate any more of my hard earned)I have enjoyed all the games, each having their own merits and whether we win or lose in the next rounds I have enjoyed my team being in this fine competition. Now the clubs/franchises have to qualify(Glasgow are good enough not to need an auto place) there's only one easy pool for the Sinners this year. Better all round from this position, sure the money makes a difference, but to win something, you usually have to beat the best.
Every game in the past 2 weeks has been boring tom kite

Nobody outside of the english, toulon and Clermont are giving a feck
Unfair Russ, some of the English don't give a feck either
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Are you really telling me that Ulster rugby takes the field and doesn't care about the result, do really believe that?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

tigerburnie wrote:Are you really telling me that Ulster rugby takes the field and doesn't care about the result, do really believe that?
It's the Ulster Way. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Leicester Tigers (v Northampton Saints, away, Saturday 3.15pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Blaine Scully
13 Matt Smith
12 Anthony Allen
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs (c)
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs
3 Dan Cole
4 Graham Kitchener
5 Geoff Parling
6 Tom Croft
7 Julian Salvi
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 Leonardo Ghiraldini
18 Michele Rizzo
17 Fraser Balmain
19 Sebastian De Chaves
20 Robert Barbieri
21 Sam Harrison
22 Freddie Burns
23 Miles Benjamin

Each week sees another returning from injury, starting to look better both on the field and on the bench, Mulipola and Tuillagi, close to returning too.