Lenister stadium

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

ladyboy696969
Novice

Re: Lenister stadium

Post by ladyboy696969 »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Maybe Dawson's hands are tied a bit (not defending him btw) after all isn't it the RDS that are building the stadium with Leinster just a long term tenant. I reckon the stadia owners have an eye on other events outside whether Leinster can fill the 25,000 seats every week during the league.

A stadia that size helps fill a void in Dublin and provides a balance of seated stadia from Croke to the Aviva to the RDS. On top of the Horse Show it may provide for other events… not sure what the FAI agreement is with the Aviva but it could provide for some smaller football matches plus it will add to Irelands RWC bid as well with an additional all seater stadium. Plus maybe a host of other sporting or music events so more a case about benefitting Dublin more than Leinster specifically.
Spot on CT. Leinster are stuck with Donnybrook which is too limited for their needs so the RDS is their only real option and they probably have limited say in what configuration the stadium owners pick.

I liked Donnybrook in the old days.
snipe…...only been to it once a Black Sabbath gig in the 80's I think… they were poor never took to Gillan as the lead singer
That would have been Dalymount Park (old national soccer stadium) on the north side of the city. Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Twisted Sister, Mamas Boys. Great gig.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Lenister stadium

Post by Cockatrice »

ladyboy696969 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Maybe Dawson's hands are tied a bit (not defending him btw) after all isn't it the RDS that are building the stadium with Leinster just a long term tenant. I reckon the stadia owners have an eye on other events outside whether Leinster can fill the 25,000 seats every week during the league.

A stadia that size helps fill a void in Dublin and provides a balance of seated stadia from Croke to the Aviva to the RDS. On top of the Horse Show it may provide for other events… not sure what the FAI agreement is with the Aviva but it could provide for some smaller football matches plus it will add to Irelands RWC bid as well with an additional all seater stadium. Plus maybe a host of other sporting or music events so more a case about benefitting Dublin more than Leinster specifically.
Spot on CT. Leinster are stuck with Donnybrook which is too limited for their needs so the RDS is their only real option and they probably have limited say in what configuration the stadium owners pick.

I liked Donnybrook in the old days.
snipe…...only been to it once a Black Sabbath gig in the 80's I think… they were poor never took to Gillan as the lead singer
That would have been Dalymount Park (old national soccer stadium) on the north side of the city. Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Twisted Sister, Mamas Boys. Great gig.
Feck your right I was high on drugs....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU