Lenister stadium

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lenister stadium

Post by Russ »

You can retrofit a terrace to standing pretty easily

It is much harder to change seating areas to terraced

We all like a good Les Kiss
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:You can retrofit a terrace to standing pretty easily
No need to retrofit - terrace is already for standing pretty easily!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:You can retrofit a terrace to standing pretty easily
No need to retrofit - terrace is already for standing pretty easily!
Seating. Blame yesterdays pimms and stout

We all like a good Les Kiss
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Maybe Dawson's hands are tied a bit (not defending him btw) after all isn't it the RDS that are building the stadium with Leinster just a long term tenant. I reckon the stadia owners have an eye on other events outside whether Leinster can fill the 25,000 seats every week during the league.

A stadia that size helps fill a void in Dublin and provides a balance of seated stadia from Croke to the Aviva to the RDS. On top of the Horse Show it may provide for other events… not sure what the FAI agreement is with the Aviva but it could provide for some smaller football matches plus it will add to Irelands RWC bid as well with an additional all seater stadium. Plus maybe a host of other sporting or music events so more a case about benefitting Dublin more than Leinster specifically.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:Maybe Dawson's hands are tied a bit (not defending him btw) after all isn't it the RDS that are building the stadium with Leinster just a long term tenant. I reckon the stadia owners have an eye on other events outside whether Leinster can fill the 25,000 seats every week during the league.

A stadia that size helps fill a void in Dublin and provides a balance of seated stadia from Croke to the Aviva to the RDS. On top of the Horse Show it may provide for other events… not sure what the FAI agreement is with the Aviva but it could provide for some smaller football matches plus it will add to Irelands RWC bid as well with an additional all seater stadium. Plus maybe a host of other sporting or music events so more a case about benefitting Dublin more than Leinster specifically.
Spot on CT. Leinster are stuck with Donnybrook which is too limited for their needs so the RDS is their only real option and they probably have limited say in what configuration the stadium owners pick.

I liked Donnybrook in the old days.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Maybe Dawson's hands are tied a bit (not defending him btw) after all isn't it the RDS that are building the stadium with Leinster just a long term tenant. I reckon the stadia owners have an eye on other events outside whether Leinster can fill the 25,000 seats every week during the league.

Spot on CT. Leinster are stuck with Donnybrook which is too limited for their needs so the RDS is their only real option and they probably have limited say in what configuration the stadium owners pick.

I liked Donnybrook in the old days.
snipe…...only been to it once a Black Sabbath gig in the 80's I think… they were poor never took to Gillan as the lead singer
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gillan was magnificent in Deep Purple and poor with every other band including his own. I was never a massive Sabbath fan.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Went to Donnybrook only once to play against Bective. Was awful wet underfoot and we ended up very mucky by the end.

I think they might have improved the drainage when they tarted it up a few years ago.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:Gillan was magnificent in Deep Purple and poor with every other band including his own. I was never a massive Sabbath fan.
Fantastic musicianship throughout Purple. Loved Jon Lord's Bach inspired keyboards which was a huge part of their unique sound. A minor gripe is the sometimes cheesy lyrics which never matched the standard of the playing or the tunes imo.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Gillan was magnificent in Deep Purple and poor with every other band including his own. I was never a massive Sabbath fan.
Fantastic musicianship throughout Purple. Loved Jon Lord's Bach inspired keyboards which was a huge part of their unique sound. A minor gripe is the sometimes cheesy lyrics which never matched the standard of the playing or the tunes imo.
If you talk of the classic Purple lineup of Lord, Blackmore, Glover, Paice and Gillan.You are talking about a band with absolute excellence throughout. It's just a pitty Richie Blackmore is madder than mad Jack McMad. They really should have been the greatest rock band of all time.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
If you talk of the classic Purple lineup of Lord, Blackmore, Glover, Paice and Gillan.You are talking about a band with absolute excellence throughout. It's just a pitty Richie Blackmore is madder than mad Jack McMad. They really should have been the greatest rock band of all time.
He plays the lute these days.

One of his former band colleagues (can't remember who) put all the internal aggro down to Ritchie's Pre-Minstrel Tension :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
He plays the lute these days.

One of his former band colleagues (can't remember who) put all the internal aggro down to Ritchie's Pre-Minstrel Tension :lol:
He still pulls out the Strat and wrings the neck of it. There's a great story about Richie who was at loggerheads with a tour manager throughout the tour which ended in Norway. The story goes that after the tour end party, the manager woke up stark naked in a hire car with no keys on a ferry to Reykjavík.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
Merv….Great keyboards and Lord was the master of that sound...
Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Snipe… we are at one with the best DP line up although there is a Gillian -v- Coverdale argument to be had there.. Gillian was so poor that day he maybe tainted my thought that he was the better in DP…. anytime since that I seen Coverdale in Whitesnake he was a master of what he does and I got to I got to know a few of them so maybe I am bias.

Simply can't deny Black Sabbath their place at the table and OZZY is the man despite a half decent effort from the dwarf that was DIO.. Rainbow were a decent band with DIO & Blackmore………. Best band I ever seen live was Zeppelin
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Ronnie James Dio was an awesome rock singer. Rainbow were a great band with Cozy Powell, but the song writing was well below the Purple level with a few exceptions like Stargazer which is a bit of an epic.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

snipe… theres no sun in the shadow of the wizard

seen DIO once at Antrim Leisure centre of all places. Loved his Heaven and Hell with Sabbath.