Leinster 2014-15

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster 2014-15

Post by Setanta »

They're bound to be annoying for other fans but won't annoy Leinster fans.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

HoneyBadger wrote:Leinster annoying other signings in the next week or two, anybody know who they're linked with?
Nobody knows nathing?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

There are some nice yellow leinster/clermont tshirts printed up for this weekend.

Might try and nab one and sharpie over the Leinster with the word Ulster
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Clermont are stars cheating surrender monkeys.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Gordon Darcy's retirement announced today.
While he is available for the RWC and being paid till then I don't really think Joe will include him.

I know he was never popular on this Forum but Darce made an incredible contribution to Ireland over many years.
He was fated to be put in the shade by BOD but I would argue his skill set helped make BOD and he was quite self effacing.
As a schools player, he was simply a phenomenon. Great feet, soft hands, good tackler. Nice guy too.

I think he is the last link to the 20th century in terms of current players. Time stands still for no one.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

I'm assuming he's leaving the retirement until after the World Cup, so he's available to Leinster during that period. I doubt that he reckons he's any chance of being in the World Cup squad.

Agreed, very skillful player in his day.

A D'Arcy / Nacewa partnership could be used in adverts for Age Concern.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Gordon Darcy's retirement announced today.
While he is available for the RWC and being paid till then I don't really think Joe will include him.

I know he was never popular on this Forum but Darce made an incredible contribution to Ireland over many years.
He was fated to be put in the shade by BOD but I would argue his skill set helped make BOD and he was quite self effacing.
As a schools player, he was simply a phenomenon. Great feet, soft hands, good tackler. Nice guy too.

I think he is the last link to the 20th century in terms of current players. Time stands still for no one.
Incredible?

He was a fecking goat
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Russ wrote:

Incredible?

He was a fecking goat
Yes, Russ, he was incredible. (and THAT beard obviously fooled you but he wasn't a goat)

Don't know about his school days but his contribution to Ireland and Leinster should not be under-estimated. in the last couple of seasons he obviously hasn't quite been the player he once was, but if he was one of ours, we'd give him a thread to himself and be paying tribute to his contribution to Ulster.

Well Done D'Arce - a fine career, now enjoy your retirement :salut:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Alister Scott wrote:
Russ wrote:

Incredible?

He was a fecking goat
Yes, Russ, he was incredible. (and THAT beard obviously fooled you but he wasn't a goat)

Don't know about his school days but his contribution to Ireland and Leinster should not be under-estimated. in the last couple of seasons he obviously hasn't quite been the player he once was, but if he was one of ours, we'd give him a thread to himself and be paying tribute to his contribution to Ulster.

You keep using that word incredible. i don't think you know what it means

A goat of a player who was unable to pass, unable to kick and had the ability ro make negative yards in almost every carry

A player only there because of his mate

A player who, had there been anyone else, would have never been capped
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Russ wrote:
Alister Scott wrote:
Russ wrote:

Incredible?

He was a fecking goat

You keep using that word incredible. i don't think you know what it means

A goat of a player who was unable to pass, unable to kick and had the ability ro make negative yards in almost every carry

A player only there because of his mate

A player who, had there been anyone else, would have never been capped
Well, if he's a goat he had an incredible career for a goat -

Not many goats survive 16 years of rugby - more or less all of them in the professional era.

Not many goats get to win 3 Heineken Cups

Not many goats get to win, what was it, 4 Celtic leagues?

Not many goats get to tour with the Lions, let alone going twice!

Not many goats play for Ireland the number of times he did and win a couple of championships, a GS, a couple of triple crowns and go to how many world cups?

Not bad for a goat that can't pass, can't carry and can't kick.

Actually, for a goat I think it's pretty INCREDIBLE - I don't know of any other goats that have done ANY of that.

Still - he only managed it because of his mucker .... and presumably he had some hold over EVERY Irish and Lions coach of the last 16 years.

Ya know what? Maybe it's not that i don't know what "incredible" means, maybe it's you that don't know what a goat is!

Russ OUT! :D

Well done D'Arce! >appl
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

:D
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Ballacks d4 thats what russ does.
Don't bite.
Too late.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

bazzaj wrote:Ballacks d4 thats what russ does.
Don't bite.
Too late.
Goats bite! >EW
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Alister Scott wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Ballacks d4 thats what russ does.
Don't bite.
Too late.
Goats bite! >EW
spell checker broken Scotty?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QoCWkwWIk

Here's Darce at his best ripping Scotland to bits. He wasn't short of gas in those days.