Leinster 2014-15

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Deckard
Novice

Leinster 2014-15

Post by Deckard »

Not to detract from the 13-14 thread, but I suppose we should have a new season Leinster thread!

I'm a bit of a Leinster fan, but I must say I was happy to see Glasgow get the result todaty - they were the better side by some distance, in fact they were the most impressive Pro12 team I've seen so far by some distance.. Yes their error count was too high, but they were playing high-risk rugby and it was their first game - some of the stuff they played was outstanding. Fair play to Leinster for nearly picking their pocket, but really justice was done at the death.. (WTF was Matawalu thinking btw???)

Real shame that Reid got crocked so early, I was looking forward to seeing him this season
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: Leinster 2014-15

Post by Loki »

i haven't seen any of the rugby this weekend but any answers to the question -
(WTF was Matawalu thinking btw???)
should be sent on a postcard to:
N Matawalu
c/o Glasgow Warriors
Scotstoun
Glasgow

in the words of the Bard, he hath ever but slenderly known himself! I absolutely love him as a player, from the sublime to the ridiculous in the same breath. Imagine an XV of Matawalus. when he gets it right there is barely a finer player in the league.

Us aside Glasgow are probably the team I'd pay to watch. Their development over the last few years has been exceptional, Townsend should take a lot of praise.

anyway. to get back on thread - :mexican:
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

They've just interviewed Guy Easterby during the Mexico - Scarlets game. Seemingly his eyes are incapable of opening. This answers a few historical questions for me.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Thumping Scarlets at the moment 42-5
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Was at the game myself. Leinster demolished them, scarlets were hopeless. Gave Leinster too much space and time. Game was over at half time, the scarlets weren't interested at all in the second half.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Will MOC last beyond the season?

Hard to see it at the minute.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Whiff of Cordite did a piece on this "RIP Leinstertainment"
http://whiffofcordite.com/2014/09/22/ri ... rtainment/

Divided views as you would expect. There is the #MOCout brigade who think Leinster should be running in tries from 90 metres and MOC's brand of Leicester-like rugby is below a team like Leinster.

And the pragmatists who say Leinster has lost quality players and need to cut their cloth to the people they have available.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Great to see Gordon Darcy deliver a man of the match performance at the weekend. His pass for the second try was right out of the top drawer and he then grabbed a fully deserved try of his own.

The legend lives on.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Great to see Gordon Darcy deliver a man of the match performance at the weekend. His pass for the second try was right out of the top drawer and he then grabbed a fully deserved try of his own.

The legend lives on.
Yes. Dorses one performance a year.
His Leinster place is cemented for one more year.
All he needs is to play badly for 2 Irish games, then have a decent performance where we all say, didn't dorse do well, and he keeps his shirt for another year.

This dorse tactic is commonly seen in the english cricket team too
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:
Yes. Dorses one performance a year.
His Leinster place is cemented for one more year.
All he needs is to play badly for 2 Irish games, then have a decent performance where we all say, didn't dorse do well, and he keeps his shirt for another year.

This dorse tactic is commonly seen in the english cricket team too

Like many you haven't a clue. Darcy was one of Leinster's top performers last year. He has been one of Ireland's top performers for the last 2 years.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

D'Arcy remains decent though slightly on the wane but that aside did anyone see the great adaptable one, Quiff, present a try to the enemy rather in the style of old Campo all those years ago. A player with talent of course but boosted beyond his ability I believe.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

You know what Baggy. I think Madigan might have some chance to show how good he is if they let the poor fecker play. He has rarely got any decent run of games. This year may be his chance now he is needed to play 12.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:You know what Baggy. I think Madigan might have some chance to show how good he is if they let the poor fecker play. He has rarely got any decent run of games. This year may be his chance now he is needed to play 12.
He is a 12.

He is not a 12 in the same league as Olding
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:

He is not a 12 in the same league as Olding
That remains to be seen. I'd agree that Olding certainly looks like he will be a superior player but obviously he has it all to prove. A season long of high quality performances is the only thing that will do this.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

SOB out for 5-6 months. Another great Irish flanker whose career has been blighted by injury.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten