Leinster 2014-15

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster 2014-15

Post by for dog and ulcer »

80 mins up. Dragons win double!!!! Leinster 10 points behind Ulster!!
Last edited by for dog and ulcer on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Heh heh heh.... :cheers:
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

for dog and ulcer wrote:80 mins up. Dragons win double!!!! Leinster 10 points behind Ulster!!
Effectively 11 as they can only get a maximum of 12 wins.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Wow what a come back from Dragons. Fully deserved victory.

Leinster rested so many players. The problems of fighting a battle on 2 fronts when you're not quite as good as you used to be? Not concentrated on Pro12? Over-confident? Still copying us? [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The result ends our interest in the domestic side of things. Playing the seconds was always a risk even in Newport.
It all comes down now to Toulon next Sunday and I don't think you will find any Leinster fans giving us a chance over there.

Joe Schmidt, I suppose, will be happy to have his players wrapped up in cotton wool for the summer by mid April.

A bad performance next Sunday should be the final nail in Matt O'Connor's coffin. The fans down here have been seething for months demanding his head after far too many narrow wins with absolutely no style to them.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote:The result ends our interest in the domestic side of things. Playing the seconds was always a risk even in Newport.
It all comes down now to Toulon next Sunday and I don't think you will find any Leinster fans giving us a chance over there.

Joe Schmidt, I suppose, will be happy to have his players wrapped up in cotton wool for the summer by mid April.

A bad performance next Sunday should be the final nail in Matt O'Connor's coffin. The fans down here have been seething for months demanding his head after far too many narrow wins with absolutely no style to them.
That's a harsh assessment of a team that were the best side in Europe before the money bags took over. Losing BOD and Leo leaves a massive hole in terms of leadership. There was always going to be a down turn.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

That was a big gamble by MOC today and it didn't come off. They could have sewn that game up if they'd any of their regular internationals on the bench.

A thumping in France next week and a loss to us (hopefully) will surely mean the axe for him Dub?

We think we're getting it hard.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Fans down here have unrealistic expectations.
Beating Quins 14 13 and Bath 18 15 just doesn't do it. They can't accept a grinding it out win.
It's boring you hear them say at the RDS.
Too many Leinster fans just want the champagne stuff that Schmidt used to serve up.

I like MOC on a personal basis but it's a results business and it seems in Leinster it's also a panache and style business.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Another worry for Leinster, is finishing outside of the top 4 will give them in theory at least a much tougher European draw next season.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Good point, I'm off to watch the golf now.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well that's Leinster out of the Soupa Doupa then. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:The result ends our interest in the domestic side of things. Playing the seconds was always a risk even in Newport.

That's a harsh assessment of a team that were the best side in Europe before the money bags took over. Losing BOD and Leo leaves a massive hole in terms of leadership. There was always going to be a down turn.
Nope - I get where he's coming from Snipe. Evolution. MOC is not evolutionary. He's an old school thinker.

You see, Irish teams at the top level adjust, react and evolve. It'll take us a year or two and a skinned knee here or there but we will adapt. MOC has been playing regressionary "Anglo ball" which is fine with his first 23 but today his sub 23 (not for the first time this season) didn't slot in and play "Leinster ball".

He has failed to evolve the squad.

They need a progressive coach. Someone who is a thinker and can evolve players. Allan Clarke would be perfect. >EW
Bejaysus I missed that last bit, great idea yer grace :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder was the concession of the Pro12 O'Connor's decision? Maybes aye, maybes naw.

Looked to be home & hosed after an hour, then .........................WHAMMO, end of Pro12. I did say the mighty Dragons were a threat.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

MOC? The players? Got to be a bit of both but I wouldn't like to apportion the relative blame.

I wonder if Leinster are going through the same process as Munster post-2008? The liginds were past their best and they went though McGahan, then Penny, now Foley in an attempt to re-live their glory days but of course they never can.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Fans down here have unrealistic expectations.
Beating Quins 14 13 and Bath 18 15 just doesn't do it. They can't accept a grinding it out win.
It's boring you hear them say at the RDS.
Too many Leinster fans just want the champagne stuff that Schmidt used to serve up.

I like MOC on a personal basis but it's a results business and it seems in Leinster it's also a panache and style business.
D4, as you know I'm not Leinster's biggest fan, but a combination of a bit of toughness from Cheka & an emphasis on accuracy from Schmidt produced a style of rugby that was unquestionably the finest in Europe for 4 or 5 seasons. Great to watch and I enjoyed seeing them do away with the opposition they faced in the finals. :thumleft:

Hard for a lot of the Jacks come lately to keep the faith when things slip, it was the success that brought a lot of them along.

One of the reasons I haven't been fond of Leinster is that in the rise from not filling Donnybrook to being able to fill the Aviva at times, there have been swathes of jackeens I've not found to my liking, maybe I've been unlucky but I never found the same number of ballixes in the Munster support & I've been to 3 of their 4 finals. I'm not blind to our own swathes of fools either but that is just the impression I've been left with. Many here would have a different opinion on the Munster/Leinster fans.

Anyway, very much second favourites at the weekend but I believe Leinster are one of the few teams who have a chance in France & especially as it's not at Toulon's own ground. I certainly wish you very well, Leinster may not be my favourite team but Toulon I dislike almost on a par with Sarries. Good luck.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Well that's Leinster out of the Soupa Doupa then. :roll:
Well since nobody bit on that it's not that they are playing Toulon, it's that Barnes is reffing the game. :roll: