Ulster sides in UBL

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster sides in UBL

Post by Russ »

Armagh beat Ballymena in the cup

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gerald the Mole wrote:...had a real dog in him.
Hope it was a small dog.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:...had a real dog in him.
Hope it was a small dog.
What the F is wrong with people these days! I thought Gerbils were exotic.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Willie's team beat Doakie's team 3 - 10
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Banbridge with another big win today
Soper marches on
Will he march into Kingspan and demand the top job?

UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

We beat UCC yday in very difficult conditions, Ballymena done us a favour and only 1 point off Shannon now. Banbridge still with in a sniff sitting in 3rd spot. Does B&I Cup quarter final fall on same weekend as any UBL fixtures as it will harm both teams chances of promotion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UR13IRFU wrote:We beat UCC yday in very difficult conditions, Ballymena done us a favour and only 1 point off Shannon now. Banbridge still with in a sniff sitting in 3rd spot. Does B&I Cup quarter final fall on same weekend as any UBL fixtures as it will harm both teams chances of promotion.
Getting a bit like Bakebook here, the answer is no , but if you had googled it you would have known, latest Bakebook Question: where in Edinburgh do Irish fans go to watch the game on match day, DOH its in Dublin and ffs .

RE clubs depending on Academy players etc, if said clubs produced the players then they should have first choice on them, but stop relying on players handed to the clubs. CLubs really have to get the youth structure and coaching right or its goodbye to cLuB rugby.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
UR13IRFU wrote:We beat UCC yday in very difficult conditions, Ballymena done us a favour and only 1 point off Shannon now. Banbridge still with in a sniff sitting in 3rd spot. Does B&I Cup quarter final fall on same weekend as any UBL fixtures as it will harm both teams chances of promotion.
Getting a bit like Bakebook here, the answer is no , but if you had googled it you would have known, latest Bakebook Question: where in Edinburgh do Irish fans go to watch the game on match day, DOH its in Dublin and ffs .

RE clubs depending on Academy players etc, if said clubs produced the players then they should have first choice on them, but stop relying on players handed to the clubs. CLubs really have to get the youth structure and coaching right or its goodbye to cLuB rugby.
I think there's some truth in that Kofi but you've also got to get your academy players to want to play for the club. To buy into the history and traditions of the club
Make them a clubman

UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Banbridge and Ballynahinch, 2 of the most successful clubs that invested in their youth system and keep putting out teams every week. Hinch have a few players in 1st squad that came through the youth but at the end of the day the harsh truth is that if your going to get in
to 1A which is pretty much semi pro standard then local club players ain't going to cut it. Look what happened when we played Shannon with hardly any academy players...got hammered!

Investing in youth will insure club stays strong as a whole but when it comes to UBL 1st XV rugby it's hard to compete against the money men in Dublin and Cork without the help from the branch even tho sometimes we do get messed about with allocations before match day
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UR13IRFU wrote:Banbridge and Ballynahinch, 2 of the most successful clubs that invested in their youth system and keep putting out teams every week. Hinch have a few players in 1st squad that came through the youth but at the end of the day the harsh truth is that if your going to get in
to 1A which is pretty much semi pro standard then local club players ain't going to cut it. Look what happened when we played Shannon with hardly any academy players...got hammered!

Investing in youth will insure club stays strong as a whole but when it comes to UBL 1st XV rugby it's hard to compete against the money men in Dublin and Cork without the help from the branch even tho sometimes we do get messed about with allocations before match day
10 of yesterday's 1XV at bann came through the youth system and 4 more on the bench Im led to believe. What aboug Hinch and Ballymena?

UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

7 started and 1 on the bench
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UR13IRFU wrote:7 started and 1 on the bench
That's not even 50%
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Match of the Day: Saturday 3rd February Palace Grounds 2:30 KO (as distinct from Paris Ballicks)

The Armagh Yokels v The Belfast Binmen

Be there, if it's as good as the reverse fixture, it'll be better than watching the feckin' 6Ns..... or Alster.

I am assured that the crud from last season's Bullshit Bingo has been removed from the pitch and rumours that a member of this forum attempted to buy the bullock are of no substance and have been discredited. It was his son............... no, FFFS not the bullock, that tried to buy the beast.

Anyway, the bullock was a feckin' heifer with an arsepiece that you'd normally only see sashaying around Mullingar. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UR13IRFU wrote:7 started and 1 on the bench
Is it still the case that Hinch mop up a lot of the ex RBAI and Methody men as essentially they're the closest AIL top level club to Belfast?

UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Yeah seems to be, got a couple from CCB aswell then the usual haul from Wallace. Hard keeping them all happy but they seem to be enjoying MCGlocks coaching.