Liam Williams at it again...

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Liam Williams at it again...

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:If our players were pure as the driven snow and never guilty of being a young fella making a poor judgement call, we would have some, albeit tenuous, excuse for getting on our moral high horse. But it's not that long since our lot were at exactly the same thing.
Let's not forget these are just young lads being young lads. Just a bit tasteless and not PC, but hardly worthy of news or its own thread.
I'm quite sure I'm not alone in being guilty of worse back in the day.
Well said

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Once blacked up (and dragged up) as part of the 3 Degrees, back in the day.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:If our players were pure as the driven snow and never guilty of being a young fella making a poor judgement call, we would have some, albeit tenuous, excuse for getting on our moral high horse. But it's not that long since our lot were at exactly the same thing.
Let's not forget these are just young lads being young lads. Just a bit tasteless and not PC, but hardly worthy of news or its own thread.
Well said

Which one Merv ?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
Well said

Which one Merv ?
One of the ones that wasn't Sheila Ferguson. All in the best possible taste :afro:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Heard his pet sheep was offended when he sang Baa Baa black sheep to her as well. As punishment he has been denied all access for 3 months by the courts operating under ovinia law. Apparently though the sheep herself is appealing the decision citing loneliness concerns. She simply wanted an apology and a confirmation that she will only be physically imposed on going forward.

Causing offence under ovinia law is considered to be quite serious and some say he could have faced an order of death, which would be carried out by forcing large amounts of wool down the throat. By all accounts the sheep community are siding with the offended member and unusually are not taking to the streets to demand stern justice.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Anyone remember maverick tennis player Ile Nastase? He was teamed up with Arthur Ashe once in a pro doubles game and came on to the court blacked up. A.A was not amused.

Like Nasty, poor wee Liam is guilty only of being thick as champ in delf boul.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:Anyone remember maverick tennis player Ile Nastase? He was teamed up with Arthur Ashe once in a pro doubles game and came on to the court blacked up. A.A was not amused.

Like Nasty, poor wee Liam is guilty only of being thick as champ in delf boul.
Nasty was a real wind up merchant, great to watch at tennis, have his autograph after he lost to Borg in Wimbledon in 76
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

bazzaj wrote::banghead: :banghead: Oh fecken hell! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thought it might be an actual story rather than white middle classes once again morally policing the rest of us by getting all offended on their high horses at the expense of the bewildered.

Absolutely correct.

Merely the current incarnation of "progressive" Nu Puritans from a long line of sanctimonious, witch-finder generals [formerly religious types; btw every religion has them] who've always loved telling us sinners how to act,think and feel.

Puritanism. The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
H. L. Mencken
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

GLENN CORNICK wrote:
bazzaj wrote::banghead: :banghead: Oh fecken hell! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thought it might be an actual story rather than white middle classes once again morally policing the rest of us by getting all offended on their high horses at the expense of the bewildered.

Absolutely correct.

Merely the current incarnation of "progressive" Nu Puritans from a long line of sanctimonious, witch-finder generals [formerly religious types; btw every religion has them] who've always loved telling us sinners how to act,think and feel.

H. L. Mencken
>appl
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
GLENN CORNICK wrote:

Absolutely correct.

H. L. Mencken
>appl
The white middle classes? Who is actually offended? Anyone on here actually sought the views of those 'mocked' by this stunt? Are we just deciding amongst ourselves that this is now permissible?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Clearly people have been offended as was deemed newsworthy enough for the BBC to report it, the majority of whom are white and middle class and apologies have been issued subsequently.
Indeed are our politicians are no different who regularly preempt offence on peoples behalf.

I will say it before and I will have to say it again, just because you are offended doesn`t make you right.
Get on your horse about child slavery or human trafficking but a kid blacking up to look like a football hero???
Seriously if you see a life grab one if that genuinely upsets anyone.
Go put angst energy behind something actually worthwhile.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:Clearly people have been offended as was deemed newsworthy enough for the BBC to report it, the majority of whom are white and middle class and apologies have been issued subsequently.
Indeed are our politicians are no different who regularly preempt offence on peoples behalf.

I will say it before and I will have to say it again, just because you are offended doesn`t make you right.
Get on your horse about child slavery or human trafficking but a kid blacking up to look like a football hero???
Seriously if you see a life grab one if that genuinely upsets anyone.
Go put angst energy behind something actually worthwhile.
Show me some evidence of white middle classes being offended, not that it is relevant or something I care about. All I can see is the white middle classes getting arsey about criticism of a public figure doing something he should know better of. It's feck all to do with anyone being offended. There are multiple campaigns trying to tackle racism in Britain and this type of stunt by a public figure is unhelpful. He gets 5 mins of public shame and doesn't do it again and we all move on.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

My point is it doesn't even warrant 5 seconds of shame Dave, which is ironically significantly less time than I have spent rubbishing this farce.
This is why I am spending no more time on the sorry subject and bidding you a very Merry Christmas.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

And may all your Christmas's be white!
You''ll need to sing that bit in a Bing sort of way.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:My point is it doesn't even warrant 5 seconds of shame Dave, which is ironically significantly less time than I have spent rubbishing this farce.
This is why I am spending no more time on the sorry subject and bidding you a very Merry Christmas.
Agreed, Baz merry Xmas!