'not held'

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

'not held'

Post by BR »

If ref's are so keen to have tacklers release and roll as quickly as they now are (faster every season, it would seem), they need to address the issue of ball carriers rolling/crawling or getting up again after a tackle. Any opinions?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
namron
Warrior Chief

Re: 'not held'

Post by namron »

Its a total oxymoron. Some un-held players are now digging tunnels to improve their field position, yet if you hold them you could be pinged for not releasing- farcical :duh:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

By no means the only law that is being totally ignored/misrefereed, but strange because it is diametrically opposed to one of their current cause celebs
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The whole breakdown situation is a mess. Players are being held in, others are timing their exit some guys are and every referee seems slightly different. there was one incident where a player on the ground blatantly flicked the ball which had been placed, off the ground to his team mate in front of the referee and nothing was done.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Anyone else notice the couple of occasions were Leinster players played the ball either to pull it back into the ruck or flick it to their team mate.

I personally thought the ref gave them a hell of a lot.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:Anyone else notice the couple of occasions were Leinster players played the ball either to pull it back into the ruck or flick it to their team mate.

I personally thought the ref gave them a hell of a lot.
So you didn't read my post then JB? :roll:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'm agreeing with you.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The incident you referring to the one were the Leinster guy actually crawled along the ground to flick the ball away?

Not blaming the ref for the next observation but at nearly every ruck there were blue shirts holding defenders back e or 4 yards from play. Refs can't spot everything but why don't we have street smarts?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:The incident you referring to the one were the Leinster guy actually crawled along the ground to flick the ball away?

Not blaming the ref for the next observation but at nearly every ruck there were blue shirts holding defenders back e or 4 yards from play. Refs can't spot everything but why don't we have street smarts?
It has been our problem for a decade or more.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

It would be really interesting to see a game where they played the actual tackle and ruck laws. Maybe we'd see more turn-over ball, but in open play rather than by buying a penalty.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:It would be really interesting to see a game where they played the actual tackle and ruck laws. Maybe we'd see more turn-over ball, but in open play rather than by buying a penalty.
It would and it would also be virtually unrecognisable. Nothing will be done until after the world cup, but surely the IRB must see that games are increasingly becoming a lottery.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I suspect the modern player wouldn't have a Scooby how to play at all.
www.stoutboys.co.uk