Garces strikes again

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Garces strikes again

Post by BuckRogers »

Another harsh red from our pal Jerome.

http://www.rugbydump.com/2015/05/4286/s ... in-the-air
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Garces strikes again

Post by Russ »

Chubes. Clueless chubes in coloured shirts
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Terrible decision far worse than Jihads.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

BuckRogers wrote:Another harsh red from our pal Jerome.

http://www.rugbydump.com/2015/05/4286/s ... in-the-air
Crazy, crazy decision! :shock: Parisse even had his shirt pulled whilst in the air, he competed for the ball, never had his hands or arms anywhere near Dulin, but all Garces seemed interested in was the outcome i.e. how Dulin landed - head or neck = Red Card regardless! Madness - start issuing the tags out now and lets just forget about any physical contact!
>crazy1
Hope is not a strategy.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Crazy decision by Garces but what on earth was Parisse doing, when he grabbed a prone, player with a likely neck injury and hauled him off the ground?

That action was worthy of a red card itself.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Garces is an utter ringpiece, those of you with a smattering of French will have heard him incorrectly state that the Blue player was in the air "en avance". Completely wrong, indeed but for Parisse being pulled by blue 7 he may have made a clean catch, and most certainly he was landing as Dulin jumped.

It's really coming to something when a ref sees an incident, then a few more times on a screen and is fundamentally wrong in what he say is the reason why red was shown i.e. Dulin jumped first, then the colour of card for the resultant fall.

By the logic of his explanation, Dulin who jumped second, should have been red carded for his own actions in hurting himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe that some red card decisions are now so often overly harsh/ plain wrong that it's maybe time to change the punishment. Yellow card: 10 minutes without further penalty, subject to not being cited (to cover overtly lenient yellow cards such as Fat Nick), Red card: 10 minutes and a disciplinary panel hearing with possible further punishment.

The reality is that the difference in red & yellow card decisions is often wafer thin, time the massive difference in the impact on the game was brought into line. If the only difference between yellow & red is "the body part landed on", the action is clearly identical, so should the impact on the game be.

In this case I would expect Parisse to face no action, but despite Stade winning with 14 men for an hour, it's just wrong for a game to be decided by a dodgy decision. Poor decisions deciding results is bad for rugby.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

This has become ridiculous. I can't help the feeling that the only way to put an end to this lottery is to ban the practice of jumping to catch the ball.

That in itself could take a number of dangerous practices out of the game and maybe restore some of the older principles.

I really dislike the current trend of a player jumping for the ball with his knee or studs up to try to dissuade an an oncoming player from contesting the ball. It always struck me as nasty and dangerous.

I also really dislike the law change that allowed a player to call a mark in the air or while running at full speed. I felt it was absolutely ridiculous on Saturday when Zebo caught a ball on the run and ran over the touchline with it but was given the mark and a chance to clear his lines.

If jumping for the ball was removed and something closer to the old laws were reinstated for calling a mark I think we'd see a lot fewer of these controversial cards.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's as bad as nigel penalising beagle for being too short to compete in the air.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

What an abysmal decision. It was a collision and it's rugby not tiddlywinks.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Dave wrote:It's as bad as nigel penalising beagle for being too short to compete in the air.
That one was a disgrace. What made it worse was there was an identical incident on Ludik a few minutes later and absolutely nothing was given. I don't think consistency even exists with officiating nowadays.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Given the number of red cards that are starting to be issued these days I think the sanction for getting one really needs to be looked at. When someone is sent off it's more or less game over. That was fair enough when it took an abhorent act of thuggishness to get sent off, but with the ever growing list of accidental/wreckless incidents referees are being asked to crack down on the punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime. Similar to what happens in a sport like ice hockey I would like a red card to mean a spell on the naughty step (possibly 10 or 20 mins) followed by an enforced substitution rather than mean your team are down a player for the rest of the game.

P.S. I think that red card was absolutely ridiculous.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

In some ways I can see some justification of a card but red is totally excessive .
The chasing player jumpers early and then forms a back of his opposite to go over . And it is also I warranted because the player jumps into him which in other circumstances would be considered a body check .
So the fairest solution is a yellow card to both players for reckless play .

The time off the pitch would allow the player to be medically assessed and save a whole load of time watching playbacks for an accidental collision between two players going for the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist