Owen Farrell: Saracens fly-half escapes citing for high tack

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Owen Farrell: Saracens fly-half escapes citing for high

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BuckRogers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:Not really ones to preach after McGrath got away with a fairly blatant knee in the Baa-Baas game.
He's starting to get a bit of a reputation as a cheap shot merchant. Knee to the back in a non competitive end of season celebration game is fairly low. Not that there is any excuse for it in a competitive game either.

Mind you, if a turnip had dropped the knee on Cheatawalu yesterday, he have got a medal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tramped on Rory at the OurDS as well.
Ach, sure doesn't everybody, the Weegies certainly did. >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If it's the same incident, on the wireless, I heard it explained that Watson took a hit & was on his way down, more or less making hitting him high inevitable.

Mind you that was the appalling Matthew Dawson, so I expect it was bullshit. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:If it's the same incident, on the wireless, I heard it explained that Watson took a hit & was on his way down, more or less making hitting him high inevitable.

Mind you that was the appalling Matthew Dawson, so I expect it was bullshit. :roll:
Watson was in the process of being tackled legally when farrell threw a stiff arm at the side of his head

Borderline red card. Garces would have given it
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:If it's the same incident, on the wireless, I heard it explained that Watson took a hit & was on his way down, more or less making hitting him high inevitable.

Watson was in the process of being tackled legally when farrell threw a stiff arm at the side of his head

Borderline red card. Garces would have given it
There's no place in the game for bring deceased's body parts onto the field of play. Straight red..
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:Not really ones to preach after McGrath got away with a fairly blatant knee in the Baa-Baas game.
He's starting to get a bit of a reputation as a cheap shot merchant. Knee to the back in a non competitive end of season celebration game is fairly low. Not that there is any excuse for it in a competitive game either.

Mind you, if a turnip had dropped the knee on Cheatawalu yesterday, he have got a medal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it had been an english player and an english citing commissioner who had decided not to cite after an incident such as the mcgrath one i suspect people in ireland would have been up in arms. The mcgrath incident looked bad because it was bad and the nature of the game should be irrelevant. IMHO mcgrath was a lot luckier than farrell. Would hate to think that the end of season nature and disruption to world cup plans had any impact on the decision....
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

If it had been an english player and an english citing commissioner who had decided not to cite after an incident such as the mcgrath one i suspect people in ireland would have been up in arms. The mcgrath incident looked bad because it was bad and the nature of the game should be irrelevant. IMHO mcgrath was a lot luckier than farrell. Would hate to think that the end of season nature and disruption to world cup plans had any impact on the decision....
World Rugby saw fit to mention the McGrath incident along with the Huget stamp. I read that as a very public warning to the unions that they expect indiscipline to be properly dealt with. I applaud that action from World Rugby, citings and punishments need to be consistent and applied without fear or favour.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

World Rugby saw fit to mention the McGrath incident along with the Huget stamp. I read that as a very public warning to the unions that they expect indiscipline to be properly dealt with. I applaud that action from World Rugby, citings and punishments need to be consistent and applied without fear or favour.
I agree Snipe, when we're at it, would you mind firing off a missive to the SRU and let them know our findings. :lol: