Munster 2015-2016

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster 2015-2016

Post by Neill_M »

Big result for getting into top 6, 1 more pt definitely locks out Edinburgh. Cardiff need at least 2 pts v Ospreys to stay alive for Top 6.
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

A good maul is a thing to behold. Haven't seen many at Ravenspan in the past season or two.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well we won. We had some decent moments but yet again we looked like we never heard of the word defence and some of our players never heard of tackling. I wouldn't be overly confident about beating Scarlets. Shocking season and I just hope we can get that win we need now and then close the book and try to forget the pain.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

All of Ulster will be hoping for a Munster win as well! :D
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So when was the last time someone went to Munster and won scoring at least 4 tries?

Ulster in Jan 09?

A losing BP may be good enough for Scarlets of course....!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Anyone bought the new Frank and Walters album yet?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Setanta wrote:All of Ulster will be hoping for a Munster win as well! :D

Except Kofi. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster v Scaaarlets S4C #supersaturday

Munster: Simon Zebo; Andrew Conway, Francis Saili, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Johnny Holland, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Dave Foley, Billy Holland; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander (C)

Replacements: Mike Sherry, James Cronin, John Ryan, Robin Copeland, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Ronan O'Mahony.

Scarlets: 15 Liam Williams, 14 Gareth Owen, 13 Steff Hughes, 12 Hadeigh Parkes, 11 Steff Evans 10 Steve Shingler 9 Aled Davies, 1 Rob Evans, 2 Ken Owens ©, 3 Peter Edwards, 4 Jake Ball, 5 David Bulbring, 6 Lewis Rawlins, 7 James Davies, 8 John Barclay

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Dylan Evans, Rhodri Jones, Tom Price, Morgan Allen, Gareth Davies, Aled Thomas, Michael Tagicakibau

Unavailable through injury: Emyr Phillips (knee), Tom Williams (shoulder), Aaron Shingler (concussion), DTH van der Merwe (shoulder), Samson Lee (concussion), Mike Collins (hamstring), Scott Williams (hamstring)

No Samson Lee, DTH or Scott Williams for Scaarlets - all big losses. Hopefully Reggie Perrin has another big game and UR get some help :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well season over for Munster, didn't see any of the game but they did the job & didn't miss out on the SDC.

Now as part of the efforts to sort out the finances I see there is a game arranged to play NZ Maori in November in the AI windy.

Big season for Munster with Erasmus coming to act as saviour. A few good signs of a player or two beginning to establish themselves like Holland & Scannell. Saili maybe better for a year under his belt & Keet happily fit for most of the season. Better season ahead I hope.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

'Happy to have played out my dreams here' - Denis Hurley announces Munster departure.

Nice lad Denis, I had a chat with him after Munster's 2008 HC win when we blagged our way into the Official Munster Supporters tent on the Arms Park pitch behind the big stadium. He was a little quiet having not had the most comfortable afternoon at full back but eventually with encouragement allowed that he was "feckin' delighted with the whole thing".

Time goes on, he was a 23 year old at the time, with a good season behind him and a career in front of him. Another man forced out by injuries that won't come right. Happy retirement Denis. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And in other Munster News:
Munster have confirmed that Denis Hurley, BJ Botha, Cathal Sheridan, Gerhard van den Heever and Shane Buckley are departing the province this season.
Shan will be pleased.

Wonder is that the end of the line for BJ who ruptured his ACL in the SDC? 111 appearances as a Turnip after 58 as an Ulsterman to go with 81 for Sharks & 25 caps for the Boks is a fair innings, not too far short of 300 pro games. >appl

Fair play BJ, good luck for the future.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I wonder if Ulster at least tried to get Ian Nagle before he signed for Leinster.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

I've been quite impressed by the few glimpses I've see of backrower Shane Buckley, a hard nosed abrasive, all action type, and quite a big lump. Perhaps Ulster should have a look at him for a decent squad player. Don't know if he has lined up something else.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Spiffsson wrote:I've been quite impressed by the few glimpses I've see of backrower Shane Buckley, a hard nosed abrasive, all action type, and quite a big lump. Perhaps Ulster should have a look at him for a decent squad player. Don't know if he has lined up something else.
http://www.the42.ie/munster-players-lea ... 7-May2016/

Munster’s announcement today also waved farewell to former academy player of the year Shane Buckley. The 24-year-old back row is believed to be close to sealing a move to an English club.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Setanta wrote:I wonder if Ulster at least tried to get Ian Nagle before he signed for Leinster.
We had a passing interest in him but I don't think that ever manifested itself in a serious offer.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.