Other Pro 12 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Other Pro 12 15/16

Post by Neill_M »

Interesting choice of game by BBC Wales, Cardiff have nothing to play for themselves, but could help out Ospreys in terms of making top 6 by stopping Edinburgh getting the 5 match points.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:Guinness PRO12 confirmed the television schedule for round 22 matches on Saturday 7 May as follows:

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors at the Sportsground – TG4/BBC Scotland
Edinburgh Rugby v Cardiff Blues at BT Murrayfield – BBC Wales
Leinster v Benetton Treviso at RDS Arena – not live
Munster v Scarlets at Thomond Park – S4C
Ospreys v Ulster at Liberty Stadium – Sky Sports/BBC Northern Ireland
Zebre v Newport Gwent Dragons at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi – RAI Sport

>clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping
I hear speculation that Mexico requested "no publicity" after their embarrassing crowd of just over 10000 in their last home game, fearing an empty RDS. :shock: :shock: :shock: >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I thought at first the comment " Not live" against the RDS game was a comment on the home team rather than the TV broad cast.
W
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I thought at first the comment " Not live" against the RDS game was a comment on the home team rather than the TV broad cast.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Edinburgh v Cardiff BBCW #supersaturday

Edinburgh Rugby:15 FIFE Dougie 14 HOYLAND Damien 13 SCOTT Matt 12 STRAUSS Andries 11 BROWN Tom 10 TOVEY Jason 9 KENNEDY Sean 1 SUTHERLAND Rory 2 FORD Ross (c) 3 NEL WP 4 BRESLER Anton 5 TOOLIS Ben 6 MANU Nasi 7 WATSON Hamish
8 DU PREEZ Cornell

16 MCINALLY Stuart 17 DELL Allan 18 ANDRESS John 19 TOOLIS Alex 20 BRADBURY Magnus 21 HIDALGO-CLYNE Sam 22 DEAN Chris 23 HELU Will

Cardiff Blues: 15 Dan Fish, 14 Aled Summerhill, 13 Garyn Smith, 12 Rey Lee-Lo, 11 Tom James, 10 Gareth Anscombe, 9 Lloyd Williams; 1 Gethin Jenkins (c), 2 Matthew Rees, 3 Taufa'ao Filise, 4 Cam Dolan, 5 James Down, 6 Josh Turnbull, 7 Ellis Jenkins, 8 Josh Navidi

Replacements: 16 Kristian Dacey, 17 Brad Thyer, 18 Scott Andrews, 19 Lou Reed, 20 Macauley Cook, 21 Tomos Williams, 22 Jarrod Evans, 23 Gavin Evans

Zebre v Dragons Not on TV #supersaturday

Zebre:15 Ulrich Beyers 14 Kayle Van Zyl 13 Tommaso Boni 12 Matteo Pratichetti 11 Leonardo Sarto 10 Carlo Canna 9 Guglielmo Palazzani 8 Andries Van Schalkwyk 7 Filippo Cristiano 6 Johan Meyer 5 Marco Bortolami 4 Quintin Geldenhuys (c) 3 Guillermo Roan 2 Oliviero Fabiani 1 Andrea Lovotti

16 Bruno Postiglioni 17 Andrea De Marchi 18 Dario Chistolini 19 Gideon Koegelenberg 20 Federico Ruzza 21 Luke Burgess 22 Kelly Haimona 23 Mils Muliaina

Dragons:Geraint Rhys Jones, Adam Hughes, Adam Warren, Jack Dixon, Hallam Amos, Angus O’Brien, Charlie Davies; Phil Price, Rhys Buckley, Lloyd Fairbrother, Matthew Screech, Nick Crosswell ©, James Benjamin, James Thomas, Ed Jackson.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Luke Garrett, Shaun Knight, Rynard Landman, Harrison Keddie, Sarel Pretorius, Dorian Jones, Carl Meyer.

Good game for Zebre to have, need to score 1 more match point than Treviso to take the Italian Euro spot. Edinburgh need a BP win and hope for other results to go their way to make Top 6 (Null points for Munster and Ospreys don't win).
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote: Zebre v Dragons Not on TV #supersaturday
It is on RAI so actually is on TV and I can receive it :D (won't be watching though)
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Aird wrote:I thought at first the comment " Not live" against the RDS game was a comment on the home team rather than the TV broad cast.
W
Their blackline were playing in Slow Motion on Saturday when PJ was racing away.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote: Zebre v Dragons Not on TV #supersaturday
It is on RAI so actually is on TV and I can receive it :D (won't be watching though)
It's on delayed coverage anyway, not live - Giro D'Italia has started.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

A surprising result in Italy today, OK Zebre won to get the Italian spot in Europe for next year, but did it by putting 47 pts on the Dragons. Thats a hammering :roll: :shock:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:A surprising result in Italy today, OK Zebre won to get the Italian spot in Europe for next year, but did it by putting 47 pts on the Dragons. Thats a hammering :roll: :shock:
Dragons end season on 4 wins. That's disgraceful
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:A surprising result in Italy today, OK Zebre won to get the Italian spot in Europe for next year, but did it by putting 47 pts on the Dragons. Thats a hammering :roll: :shock:
The fact the crack outfit Zebre put near 50 pts on them....
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Anyone else feel a wee bit sorry for the Scarlets?

Nah didn't think so!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Jackie Brown wrote:Anyone else feel a wee bit sorry for the Scarlets?

Nah didn't think so!
Shirley you have to.......

According to S' Fever, they were only beaten by Nigel being awful or at least not biased in their favour, aided by the corrupt TMO Marshall Kilgore.

Munster were lucky because Scarlets outplayed them and denied them much of the ball, but everytime they did get it, they scored.

Generally happy though to be best of the Welsh regions and one place improved on last season - ergo with another one place improvement next season they will be in the play-offs and are going to rule the world ...... well Europe anyway (bit like ourselves).

Complained about their own team's lack of savvy in taking on penalties when even some guy in Kenya knew that only a 4 try victory would see them past Ulster (despite them knowing we already had victory with a bonus point in the bag).

It was all a tactical ploy anyway though as with no Welsh in the play-offs, the welsh will be well rested and prepared for their summer tour.

First time I've been on SF for yunks ....I have been edumacated! :D
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:
And the Welsh press and fans want rid of the Italians because they add nothing to the league :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:
And the Welsh press and fans want rid of the Italians because they add nothing to the league :D
Italian teams working on a smaller budget than Newport GD.

The Italians will continue to struggle until they can afford to make it an attractive proposition for their best players to play in Italy.

From an Ulster point of view I'm more than happy to have Zebre and Treviso here twice a year for a near capacity crowd and the revenue that brings.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18