Munster Vs Connacht

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster Vs Connacht

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Sorry I didn't see it, but I've decided to give flower arranging a go for a few weeks to see if I can get over a wasted life watching rugby. :flower: Think I'll do up the house as well, maybe pop down to Laura Ashley tomorrow for some hideously patterned wallhangings & finally take my interest in feng shui it's place in life.

I'm also giving the choir a go, I am a splendidly canny chanta' >flatnote Mrs T has been on at me for years to try a bit of salsa, may give the dance floor a turn too, I've got rhythm to spare, used to be a belting pogo'er back in me punk days, held the world high jump record at one stage. >dance

Anyway the fairest of fairfucks to the Whesties, lang ma their lumb reek. Keep her lit Pat. :thumleft:
If ever there was a man, woman or beast that oft sat on the fence to weigh you up BT, if they still cannot understand the man behind the post and where he shoots from after reading that sacred passage, then my friend they will never..... ever get it.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Clapping Connacht is all very well but there simply aren't the resources in Ireland for 4 frontline teams.
Letting them rise above developmental level is a pipe dream.
Talking to some of the blazers in Leinster about this recently and they say the IRFU needs to get real here.
The money, tradition and population is elsewhere in Ireland and dissipating it out west is like what you do after a few pints.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What do the blazers know about the professional game? If they are anything like Ulster's blazers I wouldn't be bragging about talking to them.

I'd be more concerned with fans disappearing from the RDS and Thomond like snow off a ditch.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

I find it incredible that some comments would deny Connacht the praise that they deserve. For me, yesterday's game reminded me of why I love rugby, the difference between the Connacht approach and the 'hoof the ball' Ulster/Leinster style was vast, the skill sets, fitness and passion of the Connacht forwards was amazing, and, by the way, imho we saw the next Nigel Owens there in young Whitehouse, a chip of the old block, and I agree with Scott Quinell that it was probably the right call to award the penalty try on review of the video! all in all a game that renewed ny faith in Irish rugby and I would agree with the other comments that I would happily put up with a year in the Challenge Cup if it means that our coaching team try to emulate Pat Lam and his guys, no problem - were you watching Neil!!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Clapping Connacht is all very well but there simply aren't the resources in Ireland for 4 frontline teams.
Talking to some of the blazers in Leinster about this recently and they say the IRFU needs to get real here.
The money, tradition and population is elsewhere in Ireland and dissipating it out west is like what you do after a few pints.
Seems Leinster need to brad pitt or get off the toilet then
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote:Clapping Connacht is all very well but there simply aren't the resources in Ireland for 4 frontline teams.
How very loyal of you.......
It is of course absolute crapola. The fourth province are punching above their weight and in spite of the meagre rations they are fed by the IRFU. I and every right thinking Irish rugby supporter should applaud what they have achieved.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In my new role as calm fashionista and interior decorator I'd offer to come down D4and, for a fee of course, restore some bliss and calm to your sanitarium, but in all good faith, my fee would be wasted, it's a gynaecologist you and your Blazers required.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Well done to Connacht. They played good rugby and got the deserved victory. Munster deserved nothing but got 1 point. Too many missed tackles, too many Munster players standing about watching Connacht first try and then whinging about some perceived injustice when there was none. They'd be better employed looking at themselves and asking questions.

Connacht were robbed by the ref a couple of minutes before the penalty try. Munster were given a scrum when it should have been a penalty to Connacht. That could have cost Connacht the game as it led to the circumstances in which the PT was awarded. Luckily for Connacht they didn't falter when in the past they probably would have.

Too many Munster players who are not good enough, the worst by some distance the oft mentioned, by me, non rugby player GVDH. He is an utter joke and is claiming a salary under false pretenses. When you have tripe like that being selected ahead of good honest and competitive local players you know you are in trouble. It is disgusting that he is being entertained and is consuming some of our limited money.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Didn't see it ould hand, too busy reading up on my latest hobby. It's really good. :thumleft:
FAB.jpg
FAB.jpg (23.16 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Didn't see it ould hand, too busy reading up on my latest hobby. It's really good. :thumleft:

The way things have been this season I would say one's time would be better spent arranging flowers than watching rugby but Connacht actually try to play which is refreshing when the other three show little interest in doing so.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Munster Vs Connacht

Post by rumncoke »

The penalty try was a sick joke the incident didn't even deserve a yellow card .

Why players week in and week out play/ take out players off the ball with immunity especially around the ruck. That is one reason against the yellow card

Now the penalty try . What occurred was a mistimed tackle .
The Connaught player was chasing the Munster players he could see Keatley was going to pass the ball .Keatley either tried a dummy or delayed the pass and the Connaught player committed to the tackle .

Keatley did pass and there is nothing to suggest that the Munster player would have made the line to score the fact is he was just tackled early ----- Penalty not penalty try if Keatley had not passed or committed a dummy then the card might have been justified .
Keatley was putting the Connaught tackler in a "heads I win tails you lose situation"
Your damned if you do and damned if you don't and for that reason definitely not a yellow card and definitely not a penalty try

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Looking forward to Christmas - I hope the Westies continue to play with purpose and commitment and can drag our lot up to their standard - and if/when we lose it will be to much better Team
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rum

If a player commits an offence the referee should consider what would have happened if the player was not there

Ergo try
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Munster Vs Connacht

Post by rumncoke »

That is the greatest piece of turd since Grandpa blocked the toilet

If that were fact the game would consist of penalty trys
Take Gilroys diagonal running of Ashton into touch the week before
If Gilroy hadn't been there Ashton would have scored if the opposition weren't on the pitch team is bound to score every time .

He has to consider would or would a try have been score if the offence had not occurred and the answer is clearly no

Last edited by rumncoke on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:That is the greatest piece of turd since Grandpa blocked the toilet

He has to consider would or would a try have been score if the offence had not occurred and the answer is clearly no

Clearly?