PRO Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

PRO Rugby

Post by Rooster »

PRO RUGBY, THE new rugby competition in the US, has announced the initial rosters for its five teams and there are several Irish links in the squads.
There is an Irish link at the Denver club too, with 35-year-old former Ulster and South Africa back row Pedrie Wannenburg having signed on to play this season, before eventually moving into a coaching role in the US.
http://www.the42.ie/usa-pro-rugby-irish ... 5-Mar2016/
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jockster
Squire

Re: PRO Rugby

Post by Jockster »

Fair play to Pedre et al. Who wouldn't want a career in European rugby and then a move to somewhere like the USA?

Ok.. I would take one cap-just one, to pull on the white shirt of Ulster. All wages or income of any sort would be donated to Syrian refugees or similar.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Not like you my fine feathered friend, this is old news, was on another thread 2/3 weeks ago. I remember congratulating Pedrie on his choice of state, I love Colorado.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Jockster wrote:Fair play to Pedre et al. Who wouldn't want a career in European rugby and then a move to somewhere like the USA?

Ok.. I would take one cap-just one, to pull on the white shirt of Ulster. All wages or income of any sort would be donated to Syrian refugees or similar.
:roll: how much of this weeks wage have you sent to a Syrian refugee.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Not like you my fine feathered friend, this is old news, was on another thread 2/3 weeks ago. I remember congratulating Pedrie on his choice of state, I love Colorado.
Totally missed that baggy, there was so much crap a few weeks ago I just marked all posts read and moved forwards.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Really scraping the barrel with some of those signings!

and with an average salary of $25,000 I cant see them getting anyone else of note for the forseeable future.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

fuzzylogic wrote:Really scraping the barrel with some of those signings!

and with an average salary of $25,000 I cant see them getting anyone else of note for the forseeable future.
$25k for 12 weeks isn't bad!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Jockster wrote:Fair play to Pedre et al. Who wouldn't want a career in European rugby and then a move to somewhere like the USA?

:roll: how much of this weeks wage have you sent to a Syrian refugee.
Don't contradict the political left Kofi
They get violent
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Unread postby mea97mb » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Its now been changed to 16 weeks + pre season time etc

£17k isnt great for a professional player for almost 6 months. Not to mention, if you want to head out you have to get out of your European/Super Rugby contract early.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fuzzylogic wrote:
Unread postby mea97mb » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Its now been changed to 16 weeks + pre season time etc

£17k isnt great for a professional player for almost 6 months. Not to mention, if you want to head out you have to get out of your European/Super Rugby contract early.
Is Humphs running it as it sounds like his type of fringe player wage
Rory Best