PRO Rugby USA

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

PRO Rugby USA

Post by damianmcr »

DIdnt see a topic on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRO_Rugby

Pedrie is off to play for Denver.

New Zealand Orene Ai'i San Francisco 2004-05 IRB Sevens Series player of the year
South Africa Pedrie Wannenburg Denver 20 caps with South Africa
Italy Mirco Bergamasco Sacramento Played for Italy at the 2003, 2007, and 2011 World Cups
Canada Phil Mackenzie San Diego Played for Canada at the 2011 and 2015 World Cups
Canada Ray Barkwill Sacramento Played for Canada at the 2015 World Cup
Australia Timana Tahu Denver 4 caps for Australia (rugby union), 12 caps for New South Wales (rugby league)
New Zealand Jamie Mackintosh Ohio 1 cap for New Zealand
New Zealand Mils Muliaina San Francisco 100 caps for New Zealand

The big guns there.

Will be streamed online.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: PRO Rugby USA

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:DIdnt see a topic on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRO_Rugby

Pedrie is off to play for Denver.

New Zealand Orene Ai'i San Francisco 2004-05 IRB Sevens Series player of the year
South Africa Pedrie Wannenburg Denver 20 caps with South Africa
Italy Mirco Bergamasco Sacramento Played for Italy at the 2003, 2007, and 2011 World Cups
Canada Phil Mackenzie San Diego Played for Canada at the 2011 and 2015 World Cups
Canada Ray Barkwill Sacramento Played for Canada at the 2015 World Cup
Australia Timana Tahu Denver 4 caps for Australia (rugby union), 12 caps for New South Wales (rugby league)
New Zealand Jamie Mackintosh Ohio 1 cap for New Zealand
New Zealand Mils Muliaina San Francisco 100 caps for New Zealand

The big guns there.

Will be streamed online.
Won't work
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Why not?

Do you think they should at least try?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:Why not?

Most if not all the big players in that article are all as good as retired elsewhere and look like they are using this as an opportunity to get into coaching
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

D , your a nice chap, trust me it won't work, there is already a club system in place and Rugby US can't afford to run that, this is a private venture with franchised teams, how many of the current internationals have signed up to this league, go research it and come back, that's a good chap :D

This is not to the benefit of Rugby USA , it is an American version of PRL,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Post by damianmcr » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:49 am

Good work using your eyes this morning Damian. It was only the 5th topic down.... :banghead:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18666
Mary had a little lamb . . .
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

fuzzylogic wrote:
Post by damianmcr » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:49 am

Good work using your eyes this morning Damian. It was only the 5th topic down.... :banghead:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18666
Feckety feck feck
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Kofi Annan wrote:

D , your a nice chap, trust me it won't work, there is already a club system in place and Rugby US can't afford to run that, this is a private venture with franchised teams, how many of the current internationals have signed up to this league, go research it and come back, that's a good chap :D

This is not to the benefit of Rugby USA , it is an American version of PRL,
Any tv coverage of this new league/streaming etc??
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well boys and girls, the first season is over and our dear friend Pedrie captained the champions. :cheers:

https://www.facebook.com/prorugby/video ... 741995248/

Wonder what his plans are for the next few months?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can he play 6?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Can he play 6?
Probably but would Nucibollocks let him play 6 for Ulster ? No is I fear the answer
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Good to hear there will be a continued Ulster presence in pro USA rugby.

Good luck Fitzy!

http://www.thisisamericanrugby.com/2017 ... -head.html
The Houston Strikers have named an experienced name as they fist head coach. Justin Fitzpatrick comes to the team after leading the Seattle Saracens since 2013 and being an assistant on the Eagles World Cup team in 2015. Major League Rugby members the Strikers are the only team in the new competition starting from scratch. Having an experienced and trusted coach like Fitzpatrick join the competition only bolsters the credibility behind Major League Rugby.

This is the release from the Strikers:

Houston Strikers is proud to welcome Justin Fitzpatrick as their Head Coach. Justin commenced his professional playing career at London Irish (1994-1998). In 1998, he joined Ulster Rugby where he helped them to be the first Irish team to win the prestigious European Cup. In the same year, Justin was selected to play for Ireland. He spent a total of ten seasons with Ulster interrupted by two seasons with Castres Olympique. When he retired from playing, Justin had amassed 26 Irish caps and a forward record of 156 Ulster caps.

Justin began his coaching career at the Dungannon RFC and in 2013 moved to the Seattle Saracens helping both clubs to multiple league triumphs. Justin is also an assistant coach for the USA Eagles helping them qualify for the 2015 World Cup.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Told you, it wouldn't work, it was not about trying young D it was about how shît the organisation was , it has went to the wall, bills and players not paid, this new venture however would appear to have more legs, Looks like that they are going to walk before they start running unlike the ejit who tried to run PRO RUGBY. No American version of Nigel Wray in charge.

Good luck to Fitzy, a waste of coaching talent lost to UR .
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Kofi Annan wrote:

Told you, it wouldn't work, it was not about trying young D it was about how shît the organisation was , it has went to the wall, bills and players not paid, this new venture however would appear to have more legs, Looks like that they are going to walk before they start running unlike the ejit who tried to run PRO RUGBY. No American version of Nigel Wray in charge.

Fitzy obviously didn't use any Dungannon RFC officials as referees for this job
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Kofi Annan wrote:

Fitzy obviously didn't use any Dungannon RFC officials as referees for this job