Other Pro 12 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Other Pro 12 16/17

Post by Neill_M »

Glasgow have got the green light from the city council for a 4G pitch to be installed at Scotstoun for next season.

The fast surface will suit their style of play.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Other Pro 12 16/17

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote:Glasgow have got the green light from the city council for a 4G pitch to be installed at Scotstoun for next season.
Presumably water based?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Glasgow have got the green light from the city council for a 4G pitch to be installed at Scotstoun for next season.

okay so council say they can have a carpet pitch but will SRU actually buy the carpet?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Does 4G mean faster offloading as well as downloading?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Does 4G mean faster offloading as well as downloading?
Technically there is no such thing as a 4G pitch, it is just a higher spec of a 3G, no idea about downloads etc though on one.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:Does 4G mean faster offloading as well as downloading?
Technically there is no such thing as a 4G pitch, it is just a higher spec of a 3G, no idea about downloads etc though on one.

Another Trap 2 expression!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Glasgow are finished. They cannot keep their best players, tae fackin' stingie pal, they simply do not pay enough to keep the likes of Nakarawa.

Mind you great to see the wee cheating scumbeg has hardly gone from strength to strength since moving to Baaaaaaaaaath :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Glasgow are finished. They cannot keep their best players, tae fackin' stingie pal, they simply do not pay enough to keep the likes of Nakarawa.

Mind you great to see the wee cheating scumbeg has hardly gone from strength to strength since moving to Baaaaaaaaaath :lol:
Simply do not have the money, with the exception of ourselves signing Coetzee and Piutau very few others have afforded signing box office.

Bar these two struggling to think of many more that strengthen the Pro12 league from what was their last year? Jonathan Davies back from Clermont, Bradley Davies at Ospreys?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Glasgow are finished. They cannot keep their best players, tae fackin' stingie pal, they simply do not pay enough to keep the likes of Nakarawa.

Matawalu can be a brilliant running SH and a potential match winner. He needs to work on the basics of the game like steady passing and kicking. I'm sure the coaches are working on it. He could stll prove a very useful player to Bath. We will see this season. If it comes to the worst they can always play him on the wing - he's a pretty good one.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Anybody watching the Cardiff game? How's the big lad doing?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Westies stuffed at home by Glasgow. 41-5

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

big mervyn wrote:Anybody watching the Cardiff game? How's the big lad doing?
Didn't watch the game but he got MOTM.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Scored a try, made a nusience of himself all over the park as usual
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:

okay so council say they can have a carpet pitch but will SRU actually buy the carpet?
Maybe Donald Trump will buy the carpet - he has previous form with carpets and investing in Scotland.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

There are some very unhappy campers on the Scarlet Fever site and that is in spite of their Capt in an interview Post match that they have the best Backline in Europe, mind you he did not seem very happy being interviewed. You got the distinct impression he was only there because the Sky Contract required Scarlets to put forward an interviewee and he had drawn the short straw.
The Pivac must go Thread makes the MOC must go that was on Leinster look like a mild slap on the wrist.

Not long ago the Arrival of Pivac and that he was from NZ was treated like the second coming of the Messiah on the same site.

So far the much criticised delay in the arrival of Les Kiss seems to have been well worth the wait.