Munster 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Munster 16/17

Post by jean valjean »

Can a player collect a ricochet in front of the team mate it came off?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Munster's defence is so aggressive. Streets ahead of any other pro 12 team.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Almost the greatest fatboy try of all time!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:Can a player collect a ricochet in front of the team mate it came off?

Apparently not. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bullet dodged, match won, now slaughter the Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets next week.

But as Shan says no need to celebrate, it's a team they should beat, just like next week, no need to celebrate winning the league, they expected it.

Our friend Niebenar appears to know how to make a defence work. Fantastic signings Rassie & him, don't let anyone tell you that decent players can't become very good players, look at John Ryan, Conway and even Killer, plenty of others like Billy Holland who I've never had much time for.

FOLK we need better than you e-geek

23-3 and it's cues in the rack. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Munster's fitness is far beyond other teams in pro 12. The intensity in which they hit every ruck and tackle even in the dying minutes is very impressive. They may seem to have 'average' players to some, but other teams, like us, should look at what they are doing behind the scenes
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Can a player collect a ricochet in front of the team mate it came off?

Apparently not. Image Image Image Image Image

Bullet dodged, match won, now slaughter the Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets next week.

But as Shan says no need to celebrate, it's a team they should beat, just like next week, no need to celebrate winning the league, they expected it.

Our friend Niebenar appears to know how to make a defence work. Fantastic signings Rassie & him, don't let anyone tell you that decent players can't become very good players, look at John Ryan, Conway and even Killer, plenty of others like Billy Holland who I've never had much time for.

FOLK we need better than you e-geek

23-3 and it's cues in the rack. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Won't stop him gloating.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Did someone say deysel is free after this season? He's a big solid unit and could do a job at 6 for us if our worldwide search can reach limerick.

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Flattering score line for the Turnips but it's great to have an Irish team in the final.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:Did someone say deysel is free after this season? He's a big solid unit and could do a job at 6 for us if our worldwide search can reach limerick.

I think he was only on loan from the Sharks/stormers or some team.
Herman
Novice

Post by Herman »

Men against boys at the end...like Nappy Ripper Robinson let loose in a schoolyard! >drink1
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Indeed. Apart from the match itself not being great the only disappointing thing was the concession of 3 points. This was just a game where you needed to make sure you were switched on enough not to allow an inferior team to score a shock win and Munster did that well enough. A reasonable day at the office where you win a game you expect to win.

Next week will be far more difficult. We made an árse of it earlier in the season against Scarlets because unusually we decided to go to sleep during the game. That was unacceptable and must not happen next weekend. Scarlets are a far better team than Ospreys and better than they were when we gave them that win and this final should be a real battle and will be worth celebrating if we manage to win.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote: Won't stop him gloating.
I wouldn't bother gloating. It was only the Ospreys afterall. :D :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: Won't stop him gloating.
I wouldn't bother gloating. It was only the Ospreys afterall. :D :D
That's basically a gloat. We are happy playing the baabaas.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Flattering score line for the Turnips but it's great to have an Irish team in the final.
Not really flattering, surely your not being a D4 begrudger? I thought it was a great exercise in defence and the ability to take chances. To win by that margin having made around 180 tackles shows just how much the in control of their game they are, pretty unrecognisable since a couple of years ago.

The fact that they only conceded 3 early points is very impressive and Saili showed exactly what they are about in defence by chasing young Giles hard when if he'd scored it didn't matter - it mattered to him.

As Dave said the power in the tackling and hunger to make hits is something Ulster & most of the rest of the league can only dream about. They are a very hard grafting team, let's hope they can turn over the Scaaaaaaaaaaaalets.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Munster: Simon Zebo; Andrew Conway, Francis Saili, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; CJ Stander, Tommy O'Donnell, Peter O'Mahony (captain), Billy Holland, Donnacha Ryan, John Ryan, Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Brian Scott, Stephen Archer, Jean Deysel, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Jaco Taute

Scarlets: Johnny McNicholl; Liam Williams, Jonathan Davies, Scott Williams, Steffan Evans; Rhys Patchell, Gareth Davies; John Barclay (captain), James Davies, Aaron Shingler, Tadhg Beirne, Lewis Rawlins, Samson Lee, Ryan Elias, Rob Evans

Replacements: Emyr Phillips, Wyn Jones, Werner Kruger, David Bulbring, Will Boyde, Jonathan Evans, Hadleigh Parkes, DTH Van der Merwe

This could be a really good game. Both teams in form and both will be eager to win. I just hope we can do it now.