Connacht 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Connacht 16/17

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Connacht need to try and inject some sort of pace into this game, without the knock ons.. It's all very methodical and structured, which is playing straight into Toulouse big heavy forward set piece orientated game.

On another note g'wan Zebre 13-3 up against Wasps.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Connacht need to try and inject some sort of pace into this game, without the knock ons.. It's all very methodical and structured, which is playing straight into Toulouse big heavy forward set piece orientated game.

On another note g'wan Zebre 13-3 up against Wasps.
It's just too much to expect that not to turn, but I would laugh my scrotum off it Zebre beat the team on whom Weegies & Sorrybastards modelled their versions of "whatever it takes", probably the UK's first team to out and out cheat as their preferred method of defending, always give 3 rather than 5 or 7. Just seems logical now, then they were regarded as cheating blackguards.

Can't see Connacht surviving sadly ..............unless Connachtfan goes on and ates a couple of saft Tolousiennes. :lol:

Barnes decides to be a ballix, yellow card but missed penalty worse than Paddy's yesterday. 14-3 38 minutes.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Completely correct Baggy, a good performance though or at least running Wasps close could be what Zebre need to springboard their season, just before back to back games in the league against an Ulster team on a low ebb.

The West is alive, Toulouse have gone a little laissez faire. Finally poised game. Intriguing last 20 minutes in store.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Great effort from Connacht, had a couple of chances to get within 7 but looks like no cigar. >appl
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Cameo appearance by our new scrum half - not long enough to make an impact though. Impressed with Connacht in defeat. Missing some key bodies, but still cohesive and up for the fight, especially 2nd half. We could do with a couple of Muldoon types in our side.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

promenader 2 wrote:Cameo appearance by our new scrum half - not long enough to make an impact though. Impressed with Connacht in defeat. Missing some key bodies, but still cohesive and up for the fight, especially 2nd half. We could do with a couple of Muldoon types in our side.
Connacht have cohesion as you say and they don't have Pottymouth and Farquaad.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Live on S4C.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

6-0 to Caardiff after 24 mins. Big Nick playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

13-7 Caaardiff HT. Mr Williams got a try. Westies have the wind in 2nd half

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

16-13 to Connacht almost FT

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Finished 19-13 to the Westies. Good win.

Gap between Ulster and Blues now 10 pts

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Watched a fair bit of the game, nice to see Fat Nick still lethal from a yard but great win for Connacht having been 13-0 down. Cooney played pretty well and his kicking from the tee is good, belted over a monster. Well played Connacht, shows what a good coach can bring to the party. :thumleft:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Westies should be looking to get the BP in this one.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Kiwi Kieran Keane is the new Connacht coach from next season on a 3 year deal. Currently backs/attack coach at the Chiefs under Dave Rennie (who is going to Glasgow himself next season).
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Neill_M wrote:Kiwi Kieran Keane is the new Connacht coach from next season on a 3 year deal. Currently backs/attack coach at the Chiefs under Dave Rennie (who is going to Glasgow himself next season).
Some top quality coaching being introduced to the Pro 12 league.

By the sounds of his name he could be IQ :cheers: