Connacht 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht 16/17

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:Dave
you are forgetting we sent them Kelleher, Robb, Healy, Adeolokun et al.
They are a good developmental side.
Apart from Kelleher, the others came from club rugby. In fact you had Adeolokun and Healy under your nose but would prefer Dave Kearney.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:5-41. It's a bit of a hammering for Connacht. Glasgow's handling is superb. Straight into their offloading game with a high degree of accuracy, which in game one of the season is highly impressive.

Glasgow were good but Connacht were a joke. They may have been rusty but their pack was non-existent mostly, they had no scrummie until Marmion came on, no centres interested in anything but boshing and one winger, the white one, who didn't bother sending his skin along with the bones to the sportsground. They should be ashamed of a performance like that at home.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Record defeat from any defending champions.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

All well and good but I prefer our development side ........ :red: the Sharks :red:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Apart from Kelleher, the others came from club rugby. In fact you had Adeolokun and Healy under your nose but would prefer Dave Kearney.
Are Leinster racist?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Record defeat from any defending champions.
Feels like us after our Heineken Cup win all over again
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I really hope the wheels don't come off this season for them. Lam and Muldoon need to give them a collective kick in the ballix. Interesting on their forum that one of their main hopes is to beat us! We are their Leinster... They will miss Henshaw and look as if they could do with one of our centres. Hope it's just ring rust.
Exterminate all rational thought
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Ospreys at home next week.... Doesn't get any easier for them - might have to change my prediction for the score....
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

They can have Girrid @13
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

You can attribute part of that to their jilted pre-season. Don't get me wrong, they were still soundly beaten, but only having one friendly three weeks before your opening game cannot be helpful in the slightest.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

It was a rude awakening for Connacht. Glasgow were humiliated by Connacht last season and they were seriously up for the game. The loss of probably their two best players was a massive blow for them and some of the guys who were playing out of their skins on the crest of a wave came back down to earth. Preseason was an issue no doubt.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Another tough game for the Westies on Sat night - 7:35pm KO TG4/S4C. Hard to tell much about the Hairsprays last week as Zebre were rubbish. Connacht to edge it.

Connacht:

15 Tiernan O’Halloran 14 Niyi Adeolokun 13 Eoin Griffin 12 Bundee Aki 11 Matt Healy 10 Jack Carty 9 Kieran Marmion 1 Ronan Loughney 2 Tom McCartney 3 Finlay Bealham 4 Ultan Dillane 5 Danny Qualter 6 Eoin McKeon 7 James Connolly 8 John Muldoon (c)

16 Dave Heffernan 17 Dominic Robertson-McCoy 18 JP Cooney 19 Lewis Stevenson 20 Rory Moloney 21 Caolin Blade 22 Shane O’Leary 23 Danie Poolman

Ospreys:

15 Dan Evans 14 Jeff Hassler 13 Ben John 12 Josh Matavesi 11 Eli Walker 10 Sam Davies 9 Rhys Webb (C) 1 Nicky Smith 2 Sam Parry 3 Dmitri Arhip 4 Bradley Davies 5 Rory Thornton 6 Olly Cracknell 7 Justin Tipuric 8 Tyler Ardron

16 Scott Baldwin 17 Paul James 18 Ma’afu Fia 19 Lloyd Ashley 20 James King 21 Dan Baker 22 Tom Habberfield 23 Dafydd Howells
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Westies stuffed again 11-32. Only positive note, next week they travel to Parma, surely they can pick up a win there.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:You can attribute part of that to their jilted pre-season. Don't get me wrong, they were still soundly beaten, but only having one friendly three weeks before your opening game cannot be helpful in the slightest.
They would have needed the start we got.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

They must be missing Big Rodders more than they expected lol
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.